1. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Official Yu-Gi-Oh thread

I used to play Yugioh in middle school and maybe around once a year in high school, but only recently started dueling when I moved in with my current roomates this year. They all have decks and were dueling all of last year in their other dorm (where they met) so ofc when they found out I used to play I had to re-establish my deck.

Our decks are by no means professional or insanely good like you see if tournies or such, but we do all have our share of rare/awesome cards and I'd say mine does pack a punch. (I do win a lot against the three of them). Also FFAs, 2v2s, and just the good old 1v1s were really good bonding experiences for us, especially because most of the time we duel we are also blazing ourselves to a crisp.

Anyways, recently my roomates have started buying cards off the internet, which I have not done in God knows how long (used to buy packs/tins). So as they make their decks better, obviously they start to compare and compete more with mine. So this is the whole point of this post and why I felt I should post here.

Tl;dr

I'm wondering how many of you still actively buy cards for your deck(s) and if so, how much do you spend? How often is it? Just curious because I now have this daily battle between sticking to my promise of quitting this game and not buying cards, or spending small amounts of money to crush my friends

2. Default Re: Official Yu-Gi-Oh thread

It depends what deck you want to build. I personally prefer to only build tier 2 decks because there's just so much more variety. Without Extra Deck costs, my Darklord Agent deck only cost me around $35 to make, my Jurrac deck around $15, and my current Gem-Knight deck around $80-ish (due to the Duel Terminal rarity being much higher than the Hidden Arsenal rarity). The Extra Deck will run you a pretty penny no matter what deck you play. The Extra Deck for all of my decks has run me about $300 or so.

Just today, I purchased some Bottomless Trap Holes, in light of today's rulebook update about On-Summon Ignition Effects, which I plan to add to some of my decks. Overall I do make changes to my decks, but they're very little changes and those changes are influenced by my dueling environment.