Thread: Movement Speed

1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Oh wow. Just read up right now what is Momentum Combat Step. Now I feel dumb for holding down the walk button, thinking it was faster than holding down the button. On the other hand, I feel spamming jump after Combat Step/Mech Dash just to move around faster will give me carpal tunnel symptoms sooner. <_< >_>

2. Default

Start using a controller.

3. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Yeah, I had no idea what Momentum Combat Step was until Joe made his first thread of speed tests a year or so ago, and was instantly like "holy crap this is awesome." Definitely one of the more difficult momentum skills to pull off well, but when you get it it's fun.

OT: Joe, I'm going to assume this is an absolutely stupid question, but you tested Teleport with Mastery on, yes? Mastery does increase Teleport's distance from 150 to 165 iirc, or something like that.

4. Default

Tried Mech Dash on my mech, timing it with a stopwatch got 6.5 seconds in "slow" (holding arrow + macro keys) walking. Mech has 132% speed. When I get a chance I'll get on my NL and give it Haste for 140/123 testing.

Need to find a workable copy of FRAPS so I can do it properly.

(why does my mech have 132% speed? 'Cause attack gear is pretty much pointless on a class that 1hkos everything)

-> Tested 100% speed, got 13.83s, while the Mech was 6.58s, so I assumed similar 0.1s error.

5. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

You end up getting used to the timing so that you don't have to spam jump after dash. It's super easy for me since I have both a mech and aran. Tons of practice.

6. Default

It's roughly equal to Teleport Mastery (170 Distance), it's very difficult to say because of the set number of teleports available on a flat map. When I have a bit more time, I'm gonna try to get a more exact calculation that can fit any level of Teleport.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Which is their mount, that's like saying that a warrior's speed is capped at whatever the hog mount is

8. Default

Wait, if Wild Hunters are capped at 190 Speed, and the regular Jaguar gives 160 speed, and Riding Mastery gives 20 speed to 180, and Feline Berserk gives 30 speed why? Anyone a high level WH to confirm/deny?

9. Default

They're always on their mount though.

I think the values get changed at chaos. Either way it's retarded. My WH is 121.

10. Proton
    IGN: Sparapt
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 147
    Job: DualFun!
    Guild: Immortal <3
    Alliance: Faith
    newzealand

How about a DB's FA and TS? I'd be interested in that.

11. Default

I'm taking donations for NX. I'd be interested in that.

Gonna test Double Jump in a few minutes, at 100/100 since I got a skill reset, gonna see if speed affects it then test level 1, 5, and 10.

Never mind, I'm retarded. Gonna be testing 1, 5, and 10 Double Jump with 130/100.

Level 1 183% 7.5s
    Level 5 214% 6.39s
    Level 10 262% 5.22s

Actual speeds are likely a bit faster (~5-10%ish maybe?) due to lag. Firstly, there's this inexplicable lag that occurs when I autofire my jump button. This doesn't occur on GMS, and is probably some sort of anti-botting measure in KMS, which means that while I can perform the jump rather quickly, I get ~15 frames per second, and ridiculous strain on my CPU so I can't actually record accurately, and the jumping doesn't stop for 10 seconds. I managed to overcome this with a different jumping method, which doesn't seem to have affected the results, but there seemed to be random instances where my Double Jump seemed to not gain its full forward momentum. The Double Jump animation did not appear, but I definitely jumped further than a normal jump; however, this is not the same as using a normal jump after repeated Double Jumps as that gets nowhere near the distance. I presume it's just some sort of bug with the skill itself but doesn't have a significant effect on its usage. Those instances I traveled at the same speed, but got more vertical distance at the same time which was weird. Holding down forward appears to have no impact on speed. I did not test maximum height jumps because of lag. I cannot reproduce it effectively enough, and it appears to be slower anyway. Tests were done with 130%/100% because you cannot have less than 130% as a Bowman in 2nd job.
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2011-05-26 at 01:05 AM.

12. Default

Last edited by JoeTang; 2012-07-25 at 04:15 PM.

13. Default

According to you Dual Blades' FJ speed the same for Levels 15-20, but what about FJ for NL/Shads, what is the average speed/jump increase in between those levels?

14. Default

hm. I was looking at it wrong. For some reason, I thought Dual Blades had max level 15 Flash Jump already.

They're all the same.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Since that Double Jump is better than Jag Jump, I'm forseeing a future update with Wild Hunters to make their jump closer to Flash Jump. Bowmasters and Marksmen have really... gained a huge jump in mobility.

16. Default

Bump.

Just tested Acrobatic Jump. I got 343% with regular usage and thought that was way too fast. It turns out base speed was increased to 150px/s, but I have no idea what bearing this has on other skills, only that it shouldn't have affected Acrobatic Jump. I'll have to try retesting other skills later, but I'll make the note for Acrobatic Jump for now. Does anyone know when this change occurred?

FM7 travel time on 100% is now ~11.78s. Maxed regular Acrobatic Jump is ~4.00s. Acrobatic Jump = 295% Instant Acrobatic Jump is 3.25s = 362%.

Tested Double Jump, has not changed. Acrobatic Jump is just overpowered. And fun.

17. Default

herpderp. Acrobatic Jump is so overpowered. You on Culverin? I'll race you =D

18. Default

ya.
    Ventured.
    :D

19. Default

Updated with Pre-Jump and Post-Jump tables, with OP Demon Slayer speeds. I believe the only thing missing is Gigantic Backstep now, which I should have when I decide to make a Cannon Shooter.

Something I've decided to not include on the table, but want to mention is Demon Thrust makes you go at about 325%, if you Double Jump twice between each one, since it travels so far so fast, but isn't as reliable since it depends completely on a surface to move across.
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2011-08-04 at 10:38 PM.