View Poll Results: Funhouse vs Frivolous Things

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer the funhouse not come back at all.

10 12.35%
  • I am OK with Frivolous Things replacing the Funhouse

62 76.54%
  • I am not willing to settle for either option and will just leave.

9 11.11%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Funhouse & other Frivolous Things

The funhouse has been removed.

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=44013

The current middle road for replacing it has come out as follows:

So to clear up how things stand, voting time.

3. Default

Neither.

The real problem isn't the existence of the Funhouse. It's the ridiculous way that Eos has decided to treat obscenity, which happens primarily in, but isn't limited to, the Funhouse. Setting up a "Funhouse" with all rules enforced will be like 1984, in which "Big Brother is watching you".

nofunallowed.jpg

Not like Eos really cares, because he's said in the past repeatedly that this forum is a dictatorship. He's going to ignore the poll results anyways if it results against his favor.

4. Default

So no derailing of lame threads by touhou, ponies or anything like that? No NeoVicious'ing? I think that seems fair. :D

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I don't care personally, but if it comes back, i'd rather it not have that name.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Actually that's still spam worthy, which is the only rule not being enforced as seriously. It just means you can't flame/troll/rickroll people to high hell and back, and baiting (aka rule pushing) will be punished now. I know I'm missing a few other rules, but those were probably the main ones bugging the mods the most.

7. Default

Leaving the name the same would just spite the people who insist the funhouse is/was special. Gotta have a name for it, suggest better.

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I didn't say have the same name as before. I'm just not creative enough to come up with one. At least not one that everyone would like and choose.

9. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

The obscenity thing's a bit harsh. I liked the old system, honestly, with leaving it up to the moderators discression if something's too hot for SP.

Personally, if those're the options available, we're better off without. I hope my vote shows up there, it doesn't on my end, but I would prefer it stay gone.

10. Default

You'll have to enlighten us all how having another sub-forum that has no harsher moderation than any other part of the forums is suddenly 1984, when it wasn't previously. Why do you even come here?

11. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

wouldn't that technically allow for someone to hijack threads with spam, and the other party being unable to rage?

ugh, i suck at this kind of things, i'll see what everyone has to say for a while.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Generating possible names:

Smorgasbord
    Unserious business
    Off-topic
    General Tomfoolery
    Friendly Banter (yes that's straight from the Order of the Stick forums)

Complaining about the derail doesn't necessarily lead to flaming. It's only when the other side downright insults the person that it's infraction worthy.

13. www.thatwasmykil.com
    IGN: ThatWasMyKil
    Server: Bera
    Level: 203
    Job: Battle Bishop
    Guild: Inspired
    Alliance: Virtus
    australia

Tbh, its just a breeding ground for stupid actions, a bit rich coming from me I know, but its just a vicious cycle of us subconsciously egging each other to post something a bit more extreme then before. I say dump it.

14. Default

These are two of the better suggestions so far.

15. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

I'm okay with the Funhouse being replaced, as long as it's not actually called Frivolous Things.

I vote for Unserious Business.

16. Default

Because I can and it's free. You already know what you can do if you want me gone, so you obviously want here, so why even question my intent?

17. Default

It needs a pun. What about The Smorgasboard?

18. Default

Can we please go with Unserious Business? I like it.
    Or Smorgasboard, if you can be down with that Eos.

19. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

if it's called unserious business, i wouldn't mind, except that "sexy" thing is... imo, a bit over the top.

20. Default

I don't mind too much if the Funhouse is deleted and replaced with a new board, just as long as the name isn't actually Frivolous Things. I would like to revisit a few topics to grab a few things that are worth saving before everything in it is gone for good, though.

I propose that it be titled "The Outhouse", like the somewhat derogatory phrase Sarah used to describe the Funhouse when it was removed for a week around a year ago.