61 39.35%
  • Srs Bzns

27 17.42%
  • Hate them all

29 18.71%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Names

1. Default

Ironically, I haven't voted in the poll yet.

May we have goggle and monocle related shenanigans together.

2. Default

looks like i'll be getting used to shenanigans

3. Default

I voted for "Hate them All." It's a nice subforum name. LOLHAHAHAHAdon'tbanme.

4. Default

I think calling it Cesspool would be more fitting down the road.

5. Default

Hate them all voters have also effectively voted for The Outhouse which puts it in the lead, technically.

6. Default

Hate Them All. Oh God! It is the perfect name, WHY DIDN'T YOU COME UP WITH THIS SOONER?

Srs Bzns starts and ends with the same letters as Shenanigans, that effectively means they voted for Shenanigans as well.

7. Default

The grounding is for at least a week, and at least one mod has asked to keep it offline till 6/1, so there's no reason not to leave the vote active until it's actually going to be used.

8. Default

Keeping it off for at least 21 days would be good I think. That way no one can post in the final Funhouse threads. It'll be like a whole new start!

9. Default

Not necessary, those have been locked anyway.

10. Brick
    IGN: BushidoClown
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: Ex BattleMage
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: No Clue.
    cuba

Shenanigans has my vote. Srs Bzns doesn't seem fitting with the rest of the board names. Outhouse is pretty damn clever, but seems like it would be better as a name for an archive section. Shenanigans is simple and captures all the madness and tomfoolery that happened in the Funhouse.

11. Default

Ironically, even then it'd be just a tie.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Hm. Not going to vote since I'm unlikely to use the new forum, but I'm going to state my impressions of the names anyway.

The Outhouse - works great in conjunction with the Funhouse. Once enough time passes and people forget the old name, however, it becomes just a distasteful name describing a place full of crap.

Shenanigans - implies mischief, fun at the expense of others. To me it sounds like an invitation to troll, rickroll, etc. Can't we find a word for fun that doesn't carry such overtones?

Srs Bzns - ew. Can't stand the spelling, don't like the memeness, just no. But then maybe it is appropriate after all, since that kind of memeness is part of what goes on in there.

Hate Them All - yeah, I guess you might say I do. This could also be a good name for the Angry Dome, if we ever need to rename it.

Anyway, good luck to us all.

13. Default

It's clear that we need to do AV to make sure the majority votes actually win...

hate them all is my preferred choice at the mo, though.

15. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

Wait, this is actually a good idea.

You can create a new forum called Shenanigans if it wins and make the Funhouse ''The Outhouse'' and archive it.

16. Default

So instead of taking the corpse and putting it in the ground, we're going to bring the corpse back into the living room so everyone can take a gander while it decomposes?

Not so sure if I'm into that. Plus the board is invisible to the search engine and all of the posts will be by-default hidden after 21 days. I see little reason to keep it around. I think Eos will keep the board but make it hidden if only not to tank our global post count by almost 100k posts.

17. Brick
    IGN: BushidoClown
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: Ex BattleMage
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: No Clue.
    cuba

Not really, it's like the Tea Party. Split the Republican vote and keep the Democrats happy.

18. Default

Forum e-peen? The way Eosian has phased his posts it sounds like he is just going to rename the Funhouse, but who knows.

19. Default

I wouldn't want the funhouse hard deleted. There are some awesome threads in there if you dig.

20. Default

How about:

"This. Is. Spamta."

LOLHAHAHAHA

Uhhh.

How abouttttt.

"Take It Easy"

Maybe. Just maybe you should have a contest for forum names like you did for new SP logo. Hmmmm? Was this proposed already lol? I mean. You're just taking possible names and it's not like you even HAVE to make the new forum. I bet I could win! Maybe I'll get a pretty badge for content testing for me making a name under my avatar!