Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

If they were just trying out developmental skill, they wouldn't make animations that good-looking. And also, they wouldn't put it in KMST.

It's a new job, but why 3rd branch pirate, and not 3rd branch thief/archer?
    Maybe it's a total new job, but they put it in infighters just until the job is completed. Shark attack looks pirate-ish though.
    Last edited by Rigumaro; 2008-10-09 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Typo.

2. Default

Let's just wait this out. Obviously Nexon is going to do more development on these skills. I want to see how this turns out. Trying to figure out the purpose of why Nexon made this extension is beyond me.

Furthermore, there are a few things here that don't add up. If Nexon wanted to make an extension to the pirate class, why didn't they just make the 530/531/532? Or, for that matter, why not 600? Or 700? Things aren't quite making sense here, and these things will only make sense in due time.

3. Default

OMGAW SHARKIE SKILL!

God that looks so awesome.

4. Default

Looks non-functional as a complete class as of now.

5. Default

Agreed. Somehow, I don't think this is elemental pirates. I think this is additions to the current class, but perhaps need to be tested on their own for some reason.

6. Default

This could also be for something else maybe... a PQ?

7. Default

It doesn't seem like it'll be for a PQ. If it were a PQ, they'd stick them in the beginner skills like what they did for the Mu Lung raid PQ skills.

Perhaps this will be the summoner or alchemist class branch that Nexon Japan mentioned in an interview? They mentioned that during the test stages of the new class(now pirates), they were asked by korea to come up with ideas for a class. Summoner/alchemist being their most promising ideas.

8. Default

When did they say that? I'd like to read that. o_o

9. Default

I can't find the interview anymore, but it also mentioned that a big chunk of the Pirate job's skills were based off the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies.
    the translated article went something like "during the development of pirates, we suggested with a few other idea for new career -- even summoner and alchemist but they fell through"
    It might have been a messed translation as well though, so I'm not guaranteeing anything.

It was a popular Japanese magazine interviewing a Nexon Japan CEO.
    Last edited by Baklava; 2008-10-09 at 12:57 PM.

10. Default

I'm glad to see i'm not the only one completely baffled by this. The entire time I'm reading this my head is spinning @_@ It's just so random... I guess we'll have to wait for an official release on this, we'll never be able to pull any logical info out of it.
    It was in the Time Temple preview. It was very interesting, I remember it.

11. Default

I think it's the thing where gMS GMs can teleport through air and space, like NxJoeW does, just go to NxJoeW's youtube you'll see, Private servers can't do that yet, tho.

12. Default

*claims credit for some translations*

There's also this.

13. Default

If this is skills for a new class, then i doubt it's complete. Who knows, maybe these are just new skills for existing classes. I know that I'd want more lightning attacks,

14. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Heard it's not cash shop, but you apparently can't revive them.

15. Default

but its a pet anyone can have. and its awesome :D
    hopefully repeatable quest, as im guessing it comes from one

16. Default

Woah, this both excites and confuses me. Also there isn't anything on Insoya right now so I'm sad. But thanks Fiel for the info.
    I can't wait to see what this turns out to be!

17. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

wow, and just when i thought korean games were making sense, they come out with pirate bullets that are sharks @-a, im starting to think these are rip offs of other classes :S

18. Default

That's not what it means by bullet.
    The sharks thing is a whole new skill for a whole new class, the "bullet" is just the animation when the skill travels across the screen to hit a monster. The class that uses the sharks may or may not be a pirate even.