Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

So how do guys rate the mage revamp?

I was expecting a lot more but at least they addressed the need for multi-hit skills, gave mages stance 50%?, ignore def %, and
    more damage increasing skills.

2. Default

In addition, piecing together translations and comparing old values, the percent increase per additional DoT is now 35% (z value) rather than the previous 50% up to 6 total DoTs (y value, unchanged from the last KMST). First of all, does the data say 6 DoTs because the first DoT doesn't count or is there some sort of discrepancy between skill text (5) and function (6) in the game? Secondly, will this make enough of a change to satiate L/Is? I don't know, but JoeTang will likely reveal that to us sometime soon.

I also have the feeling that more hits for this attack even with the nerf in DoT stack multiplier will do nothing but increase the power, of course utilizing my assumption that reaching the damage cap seems easy with this skill.

Opinion incoming following final calculations and some time for consideration...

3. Default

Acceptable. If I have time, I might consider re-making an I/L. My Mech can go into the dumpster.

Hadriel

4. Default

Mist Eruption is still too strong in my opinion. It's basically Snipe but it can mob, and hits damage cap a lot earlier to DPS. I guess we can expect something similar to happen to Snipe itself? Unless they fixed the way the DoT multiplier affects it, it still does 1.35^5x damage, practically guaranteeing 5x damage cap no matter how weak you are.
    Glacial Chains is too weak still in comparison. If instead of a cool down, they gave it an active delay like how Buccaneers (used to) have, where the skill itself cannot be spammed quickly, but you can fill some of the time with another skill, it would be a much more interesting class to play.
    Would have been nice if they made Big Bang more unique per class, like Fire Big Bang does more damage and DoT, Ice Big Bang 100% freezes, slows bosses or something, and Holy Big Bang gets that critical thing back, making it still vastly inferior but still an option despite having Angel Ray.

Demons to 3rd job means Ice Strike and Explosion are relegated to lesser positions, and Thunder Spear is rather useless. I wonder if they improved Explosion's speed so its viable.

A Bishop is still a buff mule.

I'm going to hold on making calculations for now until we can guarantee once again that the multiplier for Mist Eruption is stupidly high.

5. Default

Let's watch as the Bishop population decrease to the point that there won't be enough Bishops being played to meet demand with parties.

This is what Nexon gets for not fixing us Bishops. :/

(Ok, probably unrealistic to think that'll happen, but I'm disappointed overall that we still suck and that Nexon did nothing to address the real issue)

6. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

The real issue was not so much bishops not doing real damage, but the way exp is split so that a bishop is essential to a party while getting 1/10th of the exp gain as everyone else. Monster park SHOULD be the fix for this, as according to observation, everyone in the party receives full experience per mob killed which encourages everyone to fight and ensures everyone gets the same % gain.

7. Default

Agree with first part.

Holy BB still has the bonus 15% crit rate.

Hadriel

8. Default

uhm, what about bowmen getting stealth? and praying to jesus h. burgess that it works like vanish (NW skill)

9. Default

I think they did a great job with Arch Mages, though F/P's might be too strong. Bishops still suck. I might restart my I/L after this patch.

10. Default

So now that these changes are final, will mages get these buffs in chaos, or the original obsolete ones that do jack?

11. Default

In conclusion, mages are not balanced. They made them stronger and worth creating over other jobs (except bishops) but if I get things right, F/P's now are 1 floor above most other jobs, while I/L's might be slightly behind and bishops are exactly where they were.
    Last edited by byakugan; 2011-04-20 at 09:41 PM.

12. Default

Should be another 5+ months before GMS gets the Jump updates.

13. Default

How will we know when they have completed magician jump changes?

I hope they take a second look buffing bishops a little more, mabye compensate by nerfing some utility.

14. Default

When it's patched into KMS, which it is.

15. Default

:( I suppose that's it then.

Guess we'll have to wait for another 6 months or so for them to readjust the entire game again.

16. Water Female
    IGN: KatCoroiion
    Server: Bera
    Level: 183
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    Farm: Bumblefsck
    Wisconsin

wasn't there booster in place of dragon last kmst patch
    I'VE BEEN HAD *SOB*

17. Default

Ummm, stealth bowman change?

What's that?

18. Default

F/P = ZOMFG
    I/L = Nice
    Bishops = Bleh

19. Default

+Range to Arrow Blow, lol.

20. Default

I hope that after they complete Jump!, that they finally stop renerfing and rebuffing everything. The original advent patches, sure. Than big bang, chaos and now jump?