Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default [1.2.379] More Magician Tweaks

Want instant notification of new extractions, announcements and updates? Follow Southperry on Twitter!

-----

NOTE: Since people are getting confused about the difference between max level and mastery level, I thought I'd clear that up:

- MAX LEVEL - The maximum level of the skill.
    - MASTERY LEVEL - The maximum level of the skill without using mastery books.

For example, Infinity has a max level of 30 but a mastery level of 10. This means you can put your first 10 points in it but you can't go any further until you get a mastery book to raise your mastery level.

Skill Changes
    Last edited by Fiel; 2011-04-19 at 02:55 PM.

2. Proton
    IGN: Sparapt
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 147
    Job: DualFun!
    Guild: Immortal <3
    Alliance: Faith
    newzealand

Cool. waiting for this.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Angel Ray:
    Changed - Description (성령의 기운으로 충만한 화살을 소환하여 다수의 적에게 발사한다. 언데드나 악마 계열의 몬스터에게 큰 피해를 줄 수 있다. --> 성령의 기운으로 충만한 화살을 소환하여 전방을 향해 발사한다. 언데드나 악마 계열의 몬스터에게 큰 피해를 줄 수 있다.)
    Changed - Level readout (MP #mpCon 소비, 최대 #mobCount명에게 #damage% 데미지 --> MP #mpCon 소비, 최대 #mobCount명의 적을 #damage% 데미지로 #attackCount번 공격)
    Changed - Hitbox (120% --> unspecified)
    Changed - range (350 --> 400)
    Changed - damage (900 --> 450)
    New - attackCount (2)

seriously...?

and wow... seems like they kinda heard everyone going "glacial chain to BaM skill"
    five sec cooldown, ignore 50% pdr... and is that... hit 4 times? on up to 12 monsters? dear lord.

and mist eruption got a nice boost too, cool.

4. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Bishops still suck for everything but mule-use.

5. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Cool. They made Glacial Chain even better.

6. Default

Priests lose summon dragon but get spell booster. That's a cool twist.

7. Default

Spell Booster back to -2 speed. Booh.
    Infinity back to its 10% damage boost, and now has 50% stance. Cool.
    Mist Eruption going from 2700% to 2880% damage, with one hit more. Very nice, less chance of hitting the damage cap and buffed damage.
    Improved range on Paralyze. Pretty nice, but still rather small.
    50% chance on Arcane Aim. Easier to maintain the 40% damage boost I guess.

I'm happy.

8. Donator Straight Male
    panama

goddarn, i just noticed they also made BB even weaker, but seriously? 2 hits for 450% dmg? even by mage standards that's too low.
    i am not one to scream OP or anything, but if i understand correctly, glacial chain now hits 4 times, hits 450% damage on up to 12 monsters, deal more DoT and it lasts longer, and hits over a screen, with just a 5 second cooldown?

i am gonna wait to see the mages debate this one o.O

9. Default

About time.

10. Default

Spell Booster:
    Changed - Description (MP를 소비하여 일정시간 동안 마법 공격속도를 2단계 상승시킨다.\n필요 스킬 : #c엘리멘탈 엠플리피케이션 3레벨 이상# --> MP를 소비하여 일정시간 동안 마법 공격속도를 2단계 상승시킨다.\n필요 스킬 : #c엘리먼트 엠플리피케이션 3레벨 이상#)
    Changed - x (-3 --> -2)

what kind of fuckery is this.

11. Default

Glacial Chain now = Dark Shock + Advanced Dark Chain w/ DoT & better stats & 50% defense ignore? o_o

nice updates for Bishop
    -Spell Booster
    -20% more Mastery from Holy Focus
    -Holy Magic Shell - now heals your hp to 100%? 0-o
    -Advanced Bless - "New - mpConReduce (25)" looks like -25% MP cost like Concentrate for Bow Masters..
    -Angel Ray - good boost.. dear god that animation is now huge..

12. Default

Woooo Angel Ray got sexy looking. Holy magic shell adds 100%hp for 30 seconds. Why would you need that much more hp for 30seconds but not the other 60? -_-;;
    Edit: sorry it only recovers 100% hp not adds. -_-

They still need to improve Bishops a bit more. Not sure, they should get creative.

13. Default

Advance Bless reduces MP consumption by 25%. I'm SO loving this.

This searchbox for Mist Explosion is already sufficiently large... now it's bigger. Lolz.

And if nobody understands the Korean, Extreme Magic now applies to Freeze, Darkness, Paralysis and DoT for both I/L and F/P i.e. I/Ls get instant-kill for DoT-ed monsters. Did I forget Stun too?

Glacial Chain... from 570% to nett 1800%... 12 mobs too... the 50% ignoremobpdr pwns though. This skill actually makes it worth casting every 5 seconds because it actually does a lot more DPS than CL alone. Not so good for training though at this rate...

What lame crap... HMS heals 100% now. Does that kill Zombified players?

Forgot to add that the increased Mastery for BS... should help a lot more than the increased crit rate.

Hadriel

14. Default

Lol Mist Explosion is even stronger. This is looks fun.

Though the speed decrease is a let down =P I was liking the idea of mages being the strongest class already...

15. Default

My thoughts:

- About time Fire Arrow got a new icon.
    - Not surprised at Booster going to -2.
    - Mist Eruption feels a bit too strong. The hitbox on that thing is massive and it does a lot of damage.
    - Glacial Chain is ludicrously strong. Massive range, pulls monsters, ignores defense, 1800% damage, DoT, hits 12...and only takes 10 points.
    - Priests lose 10% crit rate for 20% mastery. ME GUSTA.
    - Priests also get Spell Booster. ME GUSTA. Priests taking forever to cast things always irritated me.
    - Angel Ray looks badass.
    - And lastly, I wish they would change summons to be less horrible.

EDIT: I dun goofed.

16. Default

i cant view the pictures :< 403 occurs when i click it

17. Default

Isn't the prop 40->50 the probability of the stance effect and not the duration?

18. Donator Straight Male
    panama

all you are missing now is an attack worth using.

19. Default

Extreme Magic's damage bonus is now the same for both jobs. It's affected by DoT, Stun, Freeze, and Darkness. They retain the +duration for F/P and Mortal Blow (?) for I/L (which is stupid).

I think they felt the added buffs to damage were already strong enough that they did not need the additional speed from more booster. Change to Mist Eruption makes it even more ridiculously strong, since it'll hit max damage on four hits instead of three now.

If they made Glacial Chains 10 points, where do the other 20 points that were removed from Ice Demon go to?

With the new Glacial Chains, the net DPS on 0% PDR are pretty close if they were to cap Mist Eruption's DoT multiplier at only one (1.5x), but they're over 9000%/s net damage with adjusted DoTs. Either way, it favours the F/P because they get more of their damage from DoT which ignores PDR.

20. Default

What's wrong with that? It's just in case some people hit the damage cap. This is one way to bypass it.