Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

So if you get 6 DoTs on a monster and use Mist Explosion, what kind of multiplyer would you get?
    1+(0.5×4) = 3
    1.5^4 = 5.0625
    Or just (720% + 50%×4) × 4 hits?

2. Default

With the realistic ones we have: paralyze, poison breath, fire demon, big bang, poison mist and meteor (The skill says the effect can stack up to 5 times so that's the maximum already).

720%*(1.5^5)*4 = 21870%
    Though I don't know if using meteor there would be beneficial (and you can't use it every 10s either).

So more like:
    720%*(1.5^4)*4 = 14580%

I confirmed the multiplier works like that by some numbers taken from two videos posted.

3. Default

Using Meteor would be beneficial if it was specifically to make you do that much more damage, but if you can consider other sources of DoT, at least one more will always exist on the boss in a party scenario, whether it be another F/P, an I/L, or Venom.

4. Default

Damn, that is pretty overpowered...

So if you have 5 DoTs on it will count 4 bonuses? Or as 3?

Regardless, it's a semi-spammable ultimate, although it requires some work setting it up. The longer DoT times certainly help.

5. Default

The thing with the "setting up" is that almost all those skills would be beneficial to use for your DPS anyway, but with Mist Explosion they just become even better.

6. Default

OMG thank you nexon for at least compromising with AR for me!

Ha and the last thread people were all over me for saying AR needed a buff. :P

Mob count goes from 4-->5 along with the 2 hits per mob and spellbooster/more mastery? YES PLEASE!

Actually if you "use it as designed", they were designed as the ultimate training class until big bang. By which definition were you referring too?

You must forget that bishops need to train too, these were some huge usability buffs.

7. Default

I'm pretty sure that "Changed - Master Level (unspecified --> 10)" means it's capped at level 10 until you use a mastery book like most other 4th job skills..

8. Default

Lol, so now bishop's angel ray looks like hurricane, they fixed I/L's Extreme Magic, and it looks like they made glacial chain worth maxing?! :D

Also, guess Mist Eruption wasn't broken enough...

9. Default

Bishops only exsist as buff mules, and to make bossing slightly easier that is their design

10. Default

Yes! I'm almost completely happy with my job now!
    All I'm asking for is even a passive damage boost or a passive/active party support regarding dispelling and debuffs.

11. Default

New Mist Eruption... O.O:

New Glacial Chains:

Damage can't compare to Eruption but its still a lot better than before.

12. Default

Tell that to the umpteenillion people that used to complain about being KS'ed by bishops cause they were so powerful at training?

They weren't designed as a pure support class. If they were a pure support class they wouldn't have attack skills really at all.
    It was big bang that destined the bishop to a party instead of training solo, and even that is temporary obviously, or they wouldn't
    be buffing any attack skills in the jump update.

13. Default

O.O.. just under 4m Mist Eruption damage with only 4 active DoTs... Infinity isn't even on..

14. Default

Don't bring up KSing, cuz I can talk about it for days. Well obviously bishops need attacks, but when they have as many buffs for other classes as attacks. THEY ARE MEANT TO SUPPORT

15. Default

No, that is your opinion.
    Support just doesnt work in a game like maplestory. So just no.

Heal -> pots replace that.
    Dispel -> all cure pots.
    Seduce/Zombify -> Bishop can't help you

I'm all for implementing things or changing bishops so that they could be a supporting class, but as things are right now, support doesnt work in this game.

16. Default

And I would still rather have a GOOD bishop at any boss run I do. What bishops dont have in DPS, they make up in support.

17. Default

guys i Think Mages are becoming good balanced.

Bishops only need passive Damage Boost( Like 20%) and some more Supportive Skill

IL and FP only need booster to -3 again =)

18. Default

What support?
    The heal? Pots solve that.
    The dispel? All cures solve that.

Almost everything bishops have is solved with potions or items. The boss run is better off with an extra attacker in most cases.

19. Default

Wow I'm glad I made a F/P!!!

:D

I'm pretty sure it's going to get nerfed later on though ~_~

20. Default

with a good bishop who knows wtp they are doing, the run is easier on me. Bishops still have the best party skill in game, so until that goes their dps should be that of a supporter. If you're complaining about low dps then quit nobody is forcing you onto ur bishop to boss, make a nl or a mech.