Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

I assumed it was the duration since Infinity lasts 40 seconds. I didn't even know it got a Stance effect until I looked at Spadow's blog about 5 minutes ago.

In short, I am an idiot.

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

by itself, nothing is wrong, the problem is, they are still left with a very sucky attack, unless the speed of the skill is blazing fast, hitting 450% two times isn't all that great, and for most bishops out there that can't hit the damage cap, it's exactly the same as it was.

3. Default

I guess that's why they gave them Booster.

Hadriel

4. Default

Wait a second. Does that mean F/P gets +20% damage on paralysed monsters? Coupled with the buffed Arcane Aim, this could become pretty awesome.

And does anyone know if the 20% damage on DoTs from extreme magic is additive or multiplicative?

5. Default

At least it's not quite as bad when you count the increased mastery/critical rate/Bishops finally getting Booster... but they're still without a solid 1v1 skill.

I wish they'd give Bishops a solid attack move. Like some kind of light beam that does damage as long as you hold down the skill key. Or something cool looking and/or interesting/unique.

6. Donator Straight Male
    panama

yep, that's why i said that, but still, i don't think a speed increase will do much, i honestly hope i am wrong, but looking at the skill right now, low damage, no PDR ignore, a bit of extra speed doesn't really make me believe it will simply turn useful.

@wright:
    yep, can't say it isn't an improvement, what am i saying is "is it enough of an improvement?"

7. Default

It doesn't affect DPS though, whereas F/P and I/L got Mist Eruption/Glacial Chain, Elemental Amplification, and Extreme Magic to increase their damage, Bishops got nothing relevant to them alone.
    The new change to Holy Focus will help a small amount, but it's still nowhere near as big a boost as everything else.

The mastery change is a ~1.11x increase in damage, compared to Extreme Magic's 1.2, it is constant, where Extreme Magic requires a debuff that will always exist.

If it's additive, it's a small bonus comparatively, but would still be useful since fourth job skills are all massive multihits. Prior to this patch, Extreme Magic made monsters who were under DoT only for F/Ps take extra damage, and now the other status effects apply as well, and DoTs affect I/Ls since status effects could not affect bosses.

The Arcane Aim buff was meaningless except for Bishops who only get one (now two) hits, since Paralyze and Chain Lightning refreshed maxed Arcane Aim ~70% of the time. Now, Paralyze refreshes 87.5% of the time, and Chain Lightning 93.75% of the time, compared to Angel Ray which went from 30% to 75%. It does increase the scaling of the earlier levels though, which makes the skill useful earlier on.

8. Default

^ That reminds me of Firzen in Little Fighter 2, and Dragon Ball. And the Mage in Diablo III.

Hmm... a Hurricane-type attack for BS... that brings it to 820% DPS if max level damage is 100% (of course scale accordingly). Interesting. I didn't think of that.

Hadriel

9. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

But really, did Nexon turn atheist? They are hating on Bishops. Hard.

Waiting for 6th job adv. :<

Bishop->Pope->God(God can do ANYTHING)

10. Default

How many bosses are immune to holy/strong to it? if I rember correctly alot are, so even if bishops get a decent skill they only do 1/2 dmg. And why give a SUPPORT class an ATTACKING skill

11. Default

With Booster, we're looking at an overall ~20% boost in DPS, that's before TL and AYA.

^Major one would be the entire PB run, esp. Ariel and PB.

Hadriel

12. Default

You realise that to get real exp, you have to attack right?

13. Donator Straight Male
    panama

doesn't seem that bad actually, but i am sad that the guy didn't spam the technique.

14. Default

I know - make Zombify a Dispellable status.

Heal for EXP - paltry EXP lol, unless you get 1 EXP for every 10 HP healed or something.

Hadriel

15. Default

No way. At the very least, it appears to be a solid mobbing move - unspecified hitbox makes me want to think it works like Iron Arrow in that it damages whatever it passes through, so the range must be okay, at least. Bishops just need a good single target move. Here's what I wish Nexon would do with Bishops;

Make Shining Ray/Holy Symbol have a max level of 20 (no other 3rd job Mage skills nom on that much SP). Give the new shieldy lookin' skill a max level of 10. Turn the 20 remaining points into a solid single target attack skill. Lastly, make some kind of 4th job skill (I'm thinking Angel Ray or Arcane Aim, maybe Advanced Bless) passively increase the damage output by such an attack.

16. Donator Straight Male
    panama

DARK KNIGHT SELLING BISHOP LEECH, 10 M AN HOUR!
    lol, just joking, but if it worked like that, i can go over 25k HP every 6~seconds, heavy washers even more.

@wright:
    video is up, gotten from basil btw, tell me your opinion on it.

17. Default

Which does make me wonder - what's the current EXP rate for healing?

Hadriel

18. Default

Cuz thats how people always get exp right......you can leech just fine. Why do people pms about bishops, just use them as they are designed.....as bossing mules.

19. Default

Even losing our -3 booster I still think we are pretty strong. With infinity back to 10% every 4 seconds we have back one of our great damage amplifiers.
    Not to mention Mist Explosion / Glacial Chain now are both badass (though Mist Explosion is still so much more broken with the way you can multiply it by 1.5 several times).

I'm generally happy with this patch and bishops got something for them too (albeit not enough imo), booster and mastery are a good start.