1. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Default Re: How was your day?

Went to the beach this weekend and got very sunburnt~ Here's a pic of me rn:

Spoiler

2. Default Re: How was your day?

Switched jobs, starting a new job on Monday with a 30% pay raise as well.

3. Default Re: How was your day?

same

(Well, a week later I guess)

4. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

Exhausted.

5. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

This thread is dead as pineapple now, anyway a few years back I've told someone here this.
    I saw this again today, I am going through something awful again due to someone and I am reading this, and it's like what the pineapple how could I say that a few years ago and yet screw up later on once more wtp.
    The dichotomy between my advice back then (which is always true) and my feelings right now... god damn.

6. Default Re: How was your day?

Huh. Coming back to this place and finding it in the state it is... well it's something.

Much like the post above me, I looked back on not this thread in particular but other posts I've made in the past, say 3-4 years and found myself reflecting on how I was back a few years ago was... not so pretty. Back then I was admittedly too concerned with making a statement about myself and my view of humanity was pretty bad. I'm at least trying to find the positive in things today and I've actually acquired a job and I've mended my mentality to reach out to others. To all who might wonder into this, let's face it, withering forum and might see this post? If you're down and struggling, I urge you to never give up.

(on an off note, the music I had playing in the background by coincidence may have influenced my attitude while writing this post. surreal and oddly bittersweet)

7. Default Re: How was your day?

I've just returned home after 14 h in the air, will stay for a month. I'm adapting back to the heat and humidity successfully, but the bane of my life is always dust and various allergens that give me terrible sinus all day. I hope I will recover quickly enough to attend a wedding coming up soon...

I'm beginning to write my thesis after 3.5 years in the lab. My boss has told me I can stop working only last Friday, which means I'm quite (read: ridiculously) behind time in applying for post-doc positions. There's a great deal of paperwork lying ahead of me, but since my boss told me I'm done in the lab I feel like a dark cloud that clouded my eyes has finally lifted, because now I can look to the future and make reasonable and practically achievable plans for the near future.

I am really looking forward towards MS2 =)

I'm writing in here for the first time (I think)!

Hadriel

8. Default Re: How was your day?

I had nothing to do one night, so I decided to rewrite a MapleStory guide that I originally published in 2006. It feels appropriate to post it here.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/924...ory/faqs/41770

✌️

9. Default Re: How was your day?

I made it through interviews with Pokemon and Niantic, but ultimately didn't get the job. I'm a little sad about it, but I have a reasonably life right now.

10. Default Re: How was your day?

11. Default Re: How was your day?

bump

Do we have IRC? Discord? Slack? I feel like a Southperry retirement home would be cool.

EDIT: Life update I guess

Doing pretty well. My girlfriend and I will have been together four years this April. My dog, aka Southperry's unofficial mascot from 2008 to 2013, passed away last year (������). I switched over to software engineering last year and have since doubled my salary, so that's nice, plus I enjoy it a lot. I'm saving up for a Tesla? I still lift a little, not as much as I used to, and I'm back to normal gym bro stuff rather than weightlifting. I don't play many games nowadays, but I am in the middle of my second Fire Emblem: Three Houses run on Maddening with no NG+, and Chapter 5/the tower level is killing me.

I'm 25 now. Actually, I have a confession-- I had been living with a lie about my age for a long time, including some of my time here. When I was 10 and first started playing MS, I wanted to fit in with the old forum I used to post at, so I said I was 13, because at age 10, being at the literal minimum cutoff for being a teenager seemed like a reasonable way to boost your cool factor. So that kind of carried over into my entire online persona. Eventually I just started to age myself down when talking about myself online, so I think I was 17 for 2 years, then 18 for another 2 years. But yeah, I'm actually 25. I'd be 28 if I was still pretending to be a cool kid. What's funny is that my online persona just kind of became my normal persona.

Not much else. MapleStory retirement home is a good idea. I've actually thought about hosting a forum a few times. Also, I go by my real name (Reuben) now instead of Ben, but you guys can still call me Ben I don't really care. See ya!

12. Default Re: How was your day?

I think a lot of us grew up on here

13. Default Re: How was your day?

Can't believe I randomly remembered my login info! Every once in a while I'd think to check how the site is doing but couldn't get back into my account lmao.
    So much nostalgia looking back at old posts and remembering the little community we had here. I have so many fond memories here and it's wild looking back at my 2012 posts when I was only 20 years old and now I'm 28! Time flies lol.

I hope everyone is happy and thriving!

14. Default Re: How was your day?

Google auto password has saved me so many times coming here. Hope everyone is doing well! It is crazy though. I started playing beta Maplestory in 2005/2006. I'm 33 now ;-;

15. Default Re: How was your day?

Three promotions later I'm a manager making nearly triple what I made there so that ended up being worth it.

16. Default Re: How was your day?

The summary of the day: Every cloud has a silver lining..

17. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

I'm hoping this makes it out to someone out there but I just finished editing a video with some friends about pen spinning tricks that are done in anime. If you're a fan of interesting niches, this might be for you.

18. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Hope you enjoy the traffic on the 405 and the 10. It's my favorite part of being in the City of Angels.