IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: How was your day?

@Tay; Congrats! When I did some tutoring jobs they also gave me an impromptu test. I definitely forgot some of the random math and chem formulas from high school since it had been 4~6 years since I took those classes lol. I think the standards at these places are lower than you'd expect... or maybe the tests just don't count for that much?

So I received and accepted my official job offer today. This whole process has been very unprofessional. I received the offer letter this morning and it was only valid for 1 day! I had already decided to take it, but that seems incredibly presumptuous of them not to give me time to consider. It also listed my start date as Monday! I haven't even given formal notice at my part time lab job because I had no idea when they would push the paper work through. There was never any discussion of an actual start date and I didn't want to quit a paying job without being certain about this one. I emailed and called the recruiter and managed to get them to push the start date back a week, though I never got confirmation. I love that this company has an informal work environment, but this is just ridiculous!

I've also started running the numbers and budgeting for when I can move out. Taxes have just taken on an all new and highly depressing meaning for me. I'm not going to be able to pay off my student loans nearly as quickly as I'd like either. Most of my debt is unsubsidized and the interest rates are killer. I've only done a first round conservative estimate so far and it's putting me in at 5 years, but that assumes very hefty savings and very little dating lol. Hopefully there will be some raises in my future to speed things along.

3. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Apparently me and Jon went to Disneyland yesterday together and neither of us knew about it.

Also, I had my first solo day instructing at Pin it's Palette and it didn't go so bad. At first it was a bit awkward, but everyone enjoyed themselves so it was good in the end. I still think being an assistant will be a lot easier in the end.

I also have a date on Tuesday night which should be interesting, since she's 3 years older than me haha.

4. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Do you have an AP? We should go sometime~

5. Default Re: How was your day?

Hung out with the BF today. Very much needed with this week.

Preparing for a play that's going to be on his birthday...sad face...but going to make it up to him the following week ^^

6. Default Re: How was your day?

Bicep/back day at the gym today... My friend pushed me so hard. It kicked my ass. I can't even extend my arms straight. :(

7. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: I'm
    Server: not
    Level: on
    Job: this
    Guild: damn
    Alliance: game
    Farm: anymore
    canada

So I finally managed to get a job for the summer a few days ago but I don't technically start until July, with several days in June being dedicated to training.

Just now, I got a phone call from them basically saying I was promoted. Promoted before working a single minute. Well ok.

8. Default Re: How was your day?

So I quit my job recently and I was expecting the last paycheck (time I worked and some benefits) to be tiny, like $300-400 at most (which is minimum wage here). Turns out I have almost 3 times as much as I expected because one of the benefits counted all the bonuses I earned while working there. So happy right now :D!

9. Default Re: How was your day?

Today I went and had my THIRD interview at a pizza place nearby. I have no idea they had to be so thorough when selecting someone to work for a fast food pizza restaurant... but I got the job at least! They wont train me until early June though which kind of blows... they said they are training two people right now and I guess they can't afford to train anymore right now??? Ah well. I really need some money.

I thought about playing Maple again so I hopped on and found out my alliance was disbanded... someone hacked all the members apparently. I came to Southperry and it makes me sad to see the Maple sections of the forum dying. :/

SniperJohn and Jon I was in Disneyland just recently too :)

Sad to see Khaini is still not merged with another server :(

10. Default Re: How was your day?

Straight A-'s this semester.
    meh, GPA dropped to 3.79. pretty happy my grades improved in Quantum and E&M though.

11. Default Re: How was your day?

I bit my tongue so hard I bruised it and did some muscle damage. .-.

12. Default Re: How was your day?

All my grades posted today.

Spoiler

Current GPA is 3.7441, UT GPA 3.5479, which given this was my first semester here I'm very ok with it. Not exactly happy with the grades I got in my two physics classes, but now that I am more adjusted to the rigor and style I think I can do much better. Looking forward to Quantum next semester, that was the topic in Modern that really got me interested.

Proud to say I got that A in Vector Calculus, basically a redo of Calculus 3, which I got my one and only C in. Next semester I gotta push myself harder and really focus and find motivation, it was really lacking this semester.

13. Default Re: How was your day?

i got my diploma

14. Default Re: How was your day?

I finished my second year of university with a 2:1, which is the second highest grade possible for non-UK folk. Ideally I would've liked a First, which is the highest grade, but for reasons I shall now explain I'm not particularly bothered by it. I have another full year to pull that up another grade which is entirely doable, it just means I need to get on average 4 points out of 100 more per assignment than I'm currently getting, which shouldn't be difficult. I also sacrificed a considerable amount of time that should've been spent studying hanging out with friends, which isn't something I've been able to do much of in the past due to social anxiety and only actually having a handful of friends, most of which I didn't even know very well. I'm completely over that now.

I met a girl at a party a couple of weeks ago and she has since become my girlfriend, I have a job lined up for the summer and have my car fully paid for and insured for a year. I've lost around 30lbs over the course of the last year too and I've started going to the gym (no longer overweight! aw yeah). All of my bills (rent/utilities) are set too, and I shouldn't have much trouble keeping that stuff under control since I've been careful with money lately. I think I might actually have my life on track, which, a couple of years ago, isn't something that I thought I would ever see happen.

And, for the first time in almost 8 years, I've had a full month without feeling depressed at all. There are areas of my life that need improvement, no doubt, but the apathy is gone. I genuinely cannot remember ever feeling quite like this and it's fantastic. :)

In celebration, I'm formatting my external hard drive and getting rid of anything I had left MapleStory related. As well as doing so, I won't post here any more, though admittedly since I stopped playing MS I haven't been around much anyway. I'm not entirely sure why I kept all of the MapleStory screenshots and videos after uninstalling the game, but I think rather than reminiscing about the past I'm ready to look forward to the future. Also, 4800 posts is quite a nice number to stop at.

Just wanted to say thank you, Southperry, for being a part of my life. :D

15. Default Re: How was your day?

Yesterday was a fun day. Went to Hearthstone tournament on a local store with a friend, got first place and he placed 2nd. Unfortunately there were no prizes since it was the first tournament they held and it was more of an experiment but regardless it was fun and they said that everything looked okay so we could gather once a week and have some prizes next time.
    The rest of the night was weird/crazy and by midnight I was about to pass out because of how tired I was.

16. Default Re: How was your day?

Woo, what a day. So here's my story and it may warm some of your hearts;
    I have the entire wave 4/splatoon 3 pack on preorder (should get it next week), my goal was to get jigglypuff today. I already preordered greninja as well, so jiggs was the only one I was missing. Unfortunately I have two friend who also needed jigglypuff, one who actually mains her, while the other being a collector.
    Unfortunately for friend number 1, the only ones she wanted amiibo wise were Ness/Jiggs (lolexclusives). I decided to give her my preordered ness, while she managed to get jiggs at target, which allowed my other friend to get my duplicate jigglypuff. So when selecting my target, the closest one I saw only had jigglypuff in stock. The other two that were the closest had all of the amiibos reported to be fully stocked. I figured by going to target with just jiggs I wouldn't deal with crowds.
    I called the store manager to see what the scoop was on the positioning of lines, what was available etc. Unfortunately she had no information, so around 10pm I got my gear up, parked, talked to the electronics guy. He said all of the amiibos will be available, and where to stand. My goal then was to get an extra Lucina for friend #2 as well.
    So I sat in the parking garage until about 3am, in 80 degree frekin heavy humid heat, it was killing me lol. These 3 people walked in finally, someone to talk too! Turns out they were deaf and new to this amiibo hunting thing. They read all your horror stories, apparently experienced some too, but I reassured them that because I was first I was going to take frekin charge, I was the commander. I spent my time texting them all the information, instructions, up until the point they actually GOT their amiibos. From my understanding they got every single one they wanted.
    The line got to about 20 people, the target was so nice, they held the line, and walked us down the amiibos. There were some middle age women behind us, way in the back who wanted to go grocery shopping so they let them go. By the time we got to the counter, one of the women they let go was trying to order 3 jiggs, and 2 of every other character. I immediately came to the counter and said "I've been her since 10pm, I don't know what time you got here, but it wasn't before me, so excuse me", she gave me this innocent "AOHHH" shriek like she didn't pineappleing know. She ended up at the very back of the line. Serves her right.
    Anyway they put a limit on 1 amiibo character per customer, which kind of pomegranate on my jigglypuff plan. So I took advantage of my first shot, asked for lucina/robin/jiggs. Told the line that I would trade Robin for a second jiggs. Fortunately a REAL mother was there and didn't want jiggs but wanted robin, so we made the trade and both ended up happy.
    I went to bestbuy next to see if they had any metaknights, fortunately a geeksquad guy pulled up and I asked him to check. At the time, he said there were new shipments, there wasn't a line so I decided to go to Toys R us. I had a greninja preorder so I wasn't trying to save any spot in line, just eyeballin it to see who was there and who wasn't. If there were any extra lucina's/robins I would pick one up as I wanted metaknight and needed some trading.
    Well fortunately someone in the Toys R us line (along with the target line as well) had a metaknight available in his car (was using it as trading fodder if he couldn't get greninja), so we agreed at 35 bucks but wanted to wait till he could have the greninja preorder ticket. Time passes, turns out metaknight appeared at glen burnie, which was quite the book, running on 12 hours I'm exhausted. The guy was really nice so we lowered it to 30 to save me the drive and give him some cash to pay for the splatoon.
    When we got to the greninja I had a preorder, and still had an option for a slip (so could get two while everyone else was limited to 1), the guy in front of me said his friend missed out, so I told him if I could get the second one, I'd sell it to him, he offered 20 bucks, deal was made, everything cleared out.
    So all and all, I helped some newbies by taking my time to text everything to make sure they got all their amiibos, made sure a mother came home to a happy son, and made two great trades.
    My friend also getting the jiggs she couldnt wait in line for (ness was her choice) along with getting lucina.
    Amiibo happiness

17. Default Re: How was your day?

Uhhhhhh, I'm 23 now......

(actually, I turned last week)

oh mike goodness

18. Default Re: How was your day?

Went to my (and the city's) first ever Pride parade. Had a great time, met tons of new people, and even made some new friends. Which is huge for me, because I'm usually the shy, quiet person who doesn't like going to any sort of gathering.

19. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

My mood now is as though I'm having a quarter-life crisis and I don't even know why.

20. Default Re: How was your day?

#Meforthelastyear.

I've had the flu since last friday. Feeling emotionally down. I want to change everything in my life at the same time but nothing is changing and it's annoying the pineapple out of me.