Page 443 of 455 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453 ... LastLast
Results 8,841 to 8,860 of 9084
  1. Default Re: How was your day?

Downloaded the demo of the first drawing program I ever used and looked through my old angsty pomegranate from when I first started drawing.

the cringe is real

2. Default Re: How was your day?

*feels depressed*

*compiles a list of all sad/slow kpop songs*

*listens to said playlist and wallows deeper into depression*

3. Default Re: How was your day?

Bought my first car a couple of days ago. (Here's a picture! The 'UGH' registration plate is hilarious.) It's only had one owner from new and is in really good condition, I feel like I got a pretty good deal with it (£425). My one criteria when looking for one was that I really wanted it to have a sunroof, and it has one :D No one seems to understand how excited I am about the sunroof. It has a cassette tape player because it's pretty old (1996) so I've been going through my parents music collection and finding albums that I like, and I bought a couple on eBay for £2 ish as well. So far I have Led Zeppelin's fourth album, Guns N' Roses' Appetite for Destruction, and Neil Young's Harvest.

I have a bunch of blank cassettes too so I'm going to make some mix tapes at some point :)

I finished my final assignment for university this year today, so I have May through October to fill. It's pretty likely that I'll have a job working front of house at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August, so that's something to look forward to! It isn't set in stone yet though, still have to wait to hear back about it, which I should do in the next couple of weeks.

It's been a year today that I decided I wanted to quit MapleStory too. Took me until July/August ish to actually figure out the logistics of getting rid of all of my gear and trying to make sure that my guild/boss squad would be okay without me, but it was the end of April that I decided I'd had enough. My life has improved considerably since I decided to stop playing MapleStory, but I still don't feel bad about sticking around for so long, which is good. When I was thinking about quitting I was anxious that I'd regret it, but I don't at all.

Also I finished reading A Song of Ice and Fire a few months ago, and god damn, am I looking forward to seeing the rest of season 5. My group of friends don't mind spoilers so I've been talking them through the differences between the novels and the show, but I'm trying not to give everything away. They keep asking about certain characters and I just sort of mumble and change the conversation =P

4. Default Re: How was your day?

I know that feel.

5. Default Re: How was your day?

Running out of funds all at once and my dad is MIA and I am feel like I'm suffocating under all this stress.

6. Default Re: How was your day?

Getting pomegranate done. Crunch-submitted my application for MS/BS program (two days) after a painstaking process of figuring out what my best course of action is. Also found an application for assistantship positions -- hopefully I can get some funding. That'd be awesome.

7. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: How was your day?

8. Default Re: How was your day?

STOP RUBBING IT IN I KNOW THEY ARE TERRIBLE.

9. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

You need one of these. Then you can just use phone/ipod/whatever for your music! I really wish my car had a cassette player, but it's new enough for CDs but not new enough for mp3 adapters.

So I got my full time job offer yesterday! I'm incredibly excited because I'm actually going to be working as a Physicist (jr scientist title) in industry at a company I love and stay in San Diego! I've already talked to two engineering friends about renting a house in 2-3 months when we have money saved up. I'm super stoked about getting out of my parent's house once again. Oh, and I finally graduated last month! It's been an incredibly long and difficult 6 year process but I finally feel like everything payed off and the stars have aligned. I've already picked up a few books on radiation transport and Monte Carlo methods so I should be able to hit the ground running at my new job as soon as they'll let me start.

I'm incredibly thankful that my former boss stepped up to help me get this job. For some reason I can't explain, he seems to think I did an incredible job during my internship. It's a huge source of validation for me since I really haven't had good grades. The company even has a fantastic tuition assistance program so I'll be able to retake a few classes I did poorly in and maybe a few graduate courses so I'll have the grades to apply to grad school in 1-3 years. Holy pomegranate guys, picking an incredibly hard major and working my ass off paid off 110%! Did I mention I'll be making great money too?

Oh and a cute girl complimented my "energy savers do it in the dark" shirt today while grocery shopping. Now that everything is looking like daisies, I'll have to get out and find some gorgeous girl to share this good fortune with.
    @Marksman Bryan; Good luck with grad school apps muhuhahaha

10. Default Re: How was your day?

Already filled those out 6 months ago

Turns out three years of undergrad with minimal research experience isn't enough for Astrophysics programs that accept ~10 out of ~300-400 applicants.

11. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Yea... they kind of expect you to work like a slave for a few years I guess. IDK I've only just started looking into grad school programs since I was worried about employment first.

12. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Had the first real day today of work for the painting job at Pinot's Palette! It was a lot different from what I was expecting, and it wasn't in a bad way. Next week will be the real test when we have classes that we teach ourselves. Here's hoping they go well!

13. Default Re: How was your day?

MAKE A TRIP TO THE COAST!

14. Default Re: How was your day?

I love Steven Universe

15. Default Re: How was your day?

Graduated today with Distinction and High Honors in Neuroscience from the University of Michigan! What a ride, and now I am officially go off to Johns Hopkins in the fall to begin my PhD in Behavioral Neuroscience. Feels amazing.

16. Default Re: How was your day?

So many god time time wasters at work today, stop asking my opinion because I don't really give a pineapple about what wall you're hanging your picture nor can I picture whatever pinterest-esque looking your going for.

17. Default Re: How was your day?

Aha! I didn't know those things existed! Just ordered one :) and congrats on the job offer/general life direction!!

18. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    usa

Thanks Mazz.

So yesterday was UCSD's Sungod music festival which is kind of a big deal for UC "Socially Dead". I had a blast despite only showing up in time to hear the last half of Jhene Aiko and then Snoop Dog. My friend that moved to LA after her graduation came back to town to join the usual crowd for one last hurrah. Due to more stringent security restrictions and no re-entry policy we decided to get thoroughly wasted then take the shuttle over to campus. We got there at ~5:30 and discovered they were already doing last call for beers! This is incredibly dumb since the festival didn't end until 10. So we did the only reasonable thing and pounded back our maximum 3 beers in about 20min. This isn't all that impressive unless you know how much we were drinking before we actually got there. Risks were taken, but it all paid off.

The LA lady friend and I had previously dated a little so we kind of naturally paired off for dancing. I wasn't really sure how well things would go for us since we just kind of drifted away apart right before her graduation, but apparently either she had more to drink than I thought or she just wanted to pick up right where we left things. Things got interesting in the close confines right in front of the stage and she pretty much made sure I had my arms around her the rest of the night. Now normally I'd be happy to oblige since this friend is attractive, intelligent, funny, and just a blast to be around. But I tend to dive headfirst into my relationships, I KNEW that she'd be leaving the next day and likely not return until summer if then. Damn, damn, damn! I wanted to kiss her again a couple times that night and her best friend was even giving me encouragement when she wasn't looking. I just knew if I went for it that I wouldn't be able to let her go again. pineapple it; I thought I was over her already and accepted that she was gone. This just reminded me that there could have been something there if we had had more time. She has gorgeous brown puppy dog eyes...

I considered it briefly, but I am not trying long distance ever again. Not after the explosion that ended things with my previous ex. I'd much rather keep her as a friend and I'm certainly in no position to put in the time needed for a LDR with my career really starting soon and possibly grad school. It's funny that I never really considered how important logistics are to a relationship in the past, but this pomegranate sucks. Anyway, the night ended with us parting on good terms and a bit of flirtatious texting today. It really bites that we couldn't have been more, but it was a fantastic last sungod for all of us and that's what really counts.

Oh and my diploma showed up today! I need to buy a frame or something because I worked my ass of for this degree and I'll be damned if I'm not displaying it proudly.

19. Default Re: How was your day?

I'm officially unemployed now :D! Quite happy to finally quit a job that I didn't like and that I don't know why it took me so long to quit.

Made good friends, learned a lot of things, grew up some and I tried to make things right all the way through, which I rarely do when I try anything. I thought I'd feel somewhat down after saying goodbye to everyone, but I'm actually happy and with a feeling that I can accomplish my plans for the future.

20. Default Re: How was your day?

So today I felt like a disappointment to Physics.

I recently, last minutely, applied for a tutoring position at the Sanger Learning Center on UT campus. I mentioned I was a Physics major and capable of tutoring Physics and Calculus. Today I went in for an interview, which turned into a competency exam that I was not expecting. The exam covered Electricity and Magnetism, which I am not the best at and have not used since last semester. I honestly probably did every problem except the optics one incorrectly. If I had known I was going to be given this exam I probably would have been more prepared, but I was caught so off guard it was terrible. Besides, I would have been much more comfortable with a Calculus or Mechanics test.

Boooooooooooooo, tomorrow I go back in for an actual interview and a mock teaching session. I'm sure I can nail the interview and the mock session with my previous SI experience, but pineapple I felt so bad. This job pays 11$/hour if I get it.