Server: not
    Level: on
    Job: this
    Guild: damn
    Alliance: game
    Farm: anymore
    canada

Default Re: How was your day?

(Conditionally) accepted to go to Kyoto for an exchange semester next year, I just need to not pineapple this up

I'm pretty f'ucking stoked though tbh

2. Default Re: How was your day?

I would like to thank @KhainiWest for helping me butt tons, as well as everyone on SPDiscord, in getting my computer set up. Everything is working so far and I am in love. <3_<3

In other news, classes have begun and the suffering is about to ensue.

3. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Haven't been on SP for forever! My job that I had during the holidays was supposed to change from temp to perm, but they had some other people stay in the department that they expected to move to another department, so I am currently only working part time. The good news is, if a spot opens up, I am the first one they call (and they expect there to be a spot or two opening from people being let go). In the mean time, I am hoping to force myself to paint more and try and get my art out there as well.

4. Default Re: How was your day?

I passed my first practical driving test so I now have a G2! :D

5. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Well, as of last week I finally took the plunge and started classes again. I'm doing a graduate level Nuclear Physics course at the other nearby college. It turns out a coworker is returning for his Master's Degree as well and is taking the same class so I have a guaranteed study buddy. Work has been pretty chill about letting me skip out and even willing to reimburse me for the class which is fantastic. I'm not sure if I'll be formally applying to the program this year or next. I'm worried they'll reject me because of my undergrad GPA although the grad class has been pretty trivial thus far compared to my undergrad work. I'm tempted to wait until next year and ask my current professor and next one to write letters of recommendation, but that feels like cowardice.

Life is good. Making money, spending time with gf, hanging with friends.

6. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

It's Lunar New Year Eve. But my mood has been so down the past few days I just feel like walking out of my window.

7. Default Re: How was your day?

I got a 35% on my math midterm but reading week was fun so I have that going for me I guess.

8. Default Re: How was your day?

Drove myself to the movie theatre and back today, I didn't die or do anything dumb besides some inconsistent speed issues and I finally saw The Force Awakens.

9. Default Re: How was your day?

Applied to NASA internships for this summer (again). Got a call this morning and was surprise interviewed.

Holy pomegranate I might actually have a chance this year.

10. Default Re: How was your day?

Feels like a trip down memory lane after logging in to my x3Repentance account here in SP today.

11. Default Re: How was your day?

Didn't think I would like this girl at first. Started liking this girl. Kinda like her a lot.

Things haven't been going my way recently but I'm a little more okay with life now.

12. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Tentatively planning a trip to Iceland next year and I'm so super stoked.

Yay for having a real job and some disposable income!

13. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

It's final season again and the usual panic has returned. Balancing work with grad school has become far more difficult than I initially believed. They're both very demanding and I've frankly been struggling to keep up with the class. I'm learning tons and very happy with that, but my grades have not been good. I'm hoping my research essay and final performance will redeem me. I'm really struggling to deal with my deep love of the subject material, my increasing knowledge, but still poor grade. There's nothing quite like being told your best effort isn't good enough. I'm not giving up yet, but I'll definitely need to reevaluate my plans when I get my final grade and figure out how I can prepare better for next time.

Otherwise my life is pretty damn good. I'm working on a very interesting and cutting edge research project with some very bright coworkers. Progress has been mostly positive. My relationship is still going strong although each of our careers have created more stress than we'd like and kept us apart too much. My car is also proving to be an adventure as I continue to repair/maintain it myself. I'm now starting to dream about traveling and vacationing abroad (jealous of my friends), but it will likely have to wait 1-2 years while I pay off my student loans. Being a responsible adult is both really awesome and really sucky.
    Last edited by VerrKol; 2016-09-08 at 08:05 PM.

14. Default Re: How was your day?

I don't remember the last time I've posted here. I just saw this thread again and figured it'd be a good place to let things off my chest. I'll make it short and simple, for the sake of time.

So, over the past two months, I've been going through a process with my job, working on a promotion. They had me work as a Seafood relief manager for a month and then they sent me through a Department Management Development training. Meanwhile, my mom gets a call from the doctor saying she has breast cancer.

Fast forward a month, my mom goes through surgery for a bilateral mastectomy. I'm finally back at my original store, but they're treating me like crap, like they've lost all trust and respect in me since I left for the DMD training. I can't wait to get assigned my own department. Fast forward another week, all in one night, my mom gets in a huge fight with her husband, my girlfriend breaks up with me, and we find out that my mom's cancer spread to her lymph nodes, which means the cancer is now in her blood stream and she will have to go through chemo therapy and radiation. She's in absolute shock and can't stop crying. We're in absolute poverty and insane debt, and it's a miracle we can even afford rent, much less the doctor bills...

The future looks bleak at home right now.

15. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Well, it's been a long time, hasn't it SP?
    I'm out of the navy now (on separation leave, so still getting a paycheck til the final day), and I went to the gym for the 2nd day in a row now, and am finally enjoying it when I don't have anyone else's standards or expectations to reach. I also started my application to go back to college! Maybe I'll stick with my major (theatre/drama), or maybe I'll switch to something else, like STEM or whatever.
    Otherwise I'm unemployed and borderline homeless. Life is good [enough].

16. Default Re: How was your day?

Wowow, It has been a long time since I last visited!

Life is good!

17. Default Re: How was your day?

6 month post-grad update : still unemployed

I've been called by three different recruiters and all three wasted my time, some less transparent about this fact than others. The last one I went to had positions in mind and seemed really excited. She said she'd get back to me on Wednesday, I emailed her on Wednesday asking for an update and I haven't gotten a reply.

18. Default Re: How was your day?

An update to this, I got my new name badge today.

My new paycheck is nice. I've more than doubled what I was making at the beginning of this year.

19. Default Re: How was your day?

that feel when significant other surprises you with a bunch of absolutely and absurdly kinky presents.

20. Default Re: How was your day?

After rejection, and a year of working and then back to research, I got into grad school (under the condition I can complete my machine learning project). Yay!