Page 436 of 455 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,720 of 9084
  1. Default Re: How was your day?

Rush week is finally over, thank god. We didn't get the biggest class, but IFC also sucked ass this year and didn't advertise Rush all that well either. I'm really content with all the guys we got.

I've mostly been reading for my war ethics class. It sucks balls right now because we're on Christian war ethics and I don't have enough of a background in Christianity to really understand what's going on. And my Spanish senior seminar still sucks ass. Profe is so useless in that class.

2. Default Re: How was your day?

Had a phone interview with an astrophysics professor at caltech a few days ago!
    It went well :D now to wait another month for application decision responses ~_~

3. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

Default Re: How was your day?

I'm having a problem going up to the girl I like and talking to her. The struggle is real.

Edit : I SCREWED UP

4. Default Re: How was your day?

Can someone please tell me why when I do my tax returns that SOME HOW working three jobs and being a full time student is causing my return to be drastically smaller than if I were to just claim the W2 from my leading job. I honestly don't understand this. I worked a lot more and had a lot more money withheld and so I get a lot less back? FRUSTRATION.

5. Default Re: How was your day?

I could explain it, what are your w2's saying in terms of income/wh

6. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

This is belated since it happened earlier in the week, but I got a call from Raytheon to ask about my availability to do a phone interview! I'm super stoked about this. It's obviously an awesome company and from the description, should involve all kinds of interesting work with radar profiles. I'm particularly excited because the posting didn't have as stringent GPA requirements as usual. I've got a pomegranate ton of internship experience and know my stuff, but my grades seems to be turning some people away. I really wish I'd been able to get my pomegranate together sooner because I think this may have closed some doors.

I also emailed my previous boss about a position with that company that I'm applying for but haven't heard anything about. He was very enthusiastic and assured me that he'd give a glowing recommendation so I'm definitely hopeful!

It's been tough as hell to balance commuting, work, job applications, and a full class schedule. I'm not putting in nearly as much time to astrophysics and my microcontroller classes as I should, but I'm pulling out all the stops and sprinting for the end to try and get my GPA up as much as possible. God I hope I get a job offer so I can finally move out again and get on with my life. I love my family but I desperately need to take control of my life again.

I also ended up bar hopping with some friends, including the LA girl who I went out with a few times. It was an awesome time and led to meeting a fair number of attractive ladies, but I'm mostly just happy that we both managed to enjoy ourselves without any of the awkwardness of last time. I really needed the night off, but it's time to shift back into full study mode as midterms approach rapidly. 7 more weeks until I graduate!

7. Default Re: How was your day?

Not allowed to watch the super bowl with friends today because I went out the last two days....

8. Default Re: How was your day?

Today at work I took my first +$1000 framing order, ~$1400 to be more precise. I was completely shocked that the customers were ok with this price, and gladly slid their credit card. We framed two really well done oil paintings from Italy, used a high end custom frame with great ornate detail. Complimented it with a canvas liner and a champagne gold fillet to trim the artwork. It looks phenomenal and I'm really excited to see the end result, and pretty darn proud of myself for securing the sale.

9. Default Re: How was your day?

Work sucks.

In other news, I got my New 3DS case and Groudon/Kyogre face plates in today.

Images bigger than I thought

10. Default Re: How was your day?

Cried with laughter at work today.

I was helping a russian coworker with a presentation. I had to fix a lot of his mistakes as it sounded very russified. Here was the example that made me laugh-cry.

So after penetrating a specific web service, he needs the user to press a button on a mobile device in order for the hack to work. Here's how he said it:

"So now I needs user to push button. How it can happens?"

I'm just imagining a Russian user looking at a single button on the screen really confused, then saying out loud, "How it can happens?" I never laughed so hard...

11. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Being part of the new credit recovery team for a firm is really hard, they load you with a load of pomegranate about defaulting clients and other things taht you have no idea but you HAVE to get pomegranate done.
    My god...

I imagine he told you this after correcting him

12. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

So my car tried to blow up on me today. The engine oil sensor came loose due to a bad seal and oil was gushing out of it when I tried to drive home. It's a cheap part and easy to replace, but I'm very concerned because the car currently won't start. I'm really hoping this is due to ECM saying, "There's no oil; I'm going no pineappleing where!" and not a result of serious damage.

The damndest thing is I checked my oil yesterday when gasing up and everything was fine.

Hopefully my aunt doesn't mind borrowing her car for me to get to uni even on her days off.

13. Default Re: How was your day?

Got my first graduate school response this morning, rejection from UCLA.

Aaaaaaaaand there go my hopes and dreams.

14. Default Re: How was your day?

I got the highest mark in my class on my Chemistry exam, 107/110 . If only all my exams could have been that easy....

15. Default Re: How was your day?

Money is the only thing motivating me to continue work these next few weeks.

16. Default Re: How was your day?

I'm still alive, people. Haven't found a job related to my major since initiating the job searching in November (spent Jul-Oct. traveling!). A little bummed about that, but I'm still sending out applications to internships and whatnot. It's getting deflating recently. :(

Fun news, though: going to Kansas City in a week for nothing but sightseeing and catching up with an old buddy!

17. Default Re: How was your day?

CSS Media Queries are a pain in the butt.. I hate this...

/* Who thought having multiple DPIs were cute I hate all of you */

18. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

Well it's Chinese New Year soon and everyone's doing spring cleaning....
    Mum : help me clean the altar table next sat okay?
    Mum : unless you have a valentines date
    Mum : -laughs-

19. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Interviewed on Monday for a full time framing position in my store. Interview was with the district manager. I thought it went okay, wasn't really telling either way. The position doesn't even gets offered to anyone until March. In the mean time, my DM is having me cross trained for framing and getting me bronze certified. So here's hoping it goes well!!