Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [GMS] [Module] The Boss Thread

1. Default [Module] The Boss Thread

This thread will list all current bosses in the game, their animations, skills, and attacks.

ABOUT THIS THREAD:
    - I will only be supporting GMS at this time.
    - I absolutely cannot mix bosses from different versions of Maplestory as I can only extract one version at a time.
    - This thread is a continual work in progress (especially the mob skills)
    - I will accept possible additions to this thread. Just list which mobs you would like added and I will consider adding them at my own discretion.
    - There may be things listed as "Unknown" in this thread. This is not a bug. It's simply that there are some things about mobs that I don't know or understand. If you see a gap in knowledge which you can fill, please do so by PMing me or posting here. This will help everyone.
    - Some of these variables listed here are merely listed because they are present in the data and not because I understand them. They might be useful to someone if they can figure out what it means. The WZ files are always a journey.
    - When I update this thread, not all images will immediately work. Just give it time as I'm likely uploading them. If an animation or image is down for more than a day, please notify me.

Current bosses supported:
    - Zakum
    - Chaos Zakum
    - Von Leon
    - Horntail
    - Chaos Horntail
    - Pink Bean

Mob

2. Default

That would be my guess as well. But since I'm not sure, I'm going to leave it as "Interval" since that's what the files calls it. Once there's more concrete proof that it is a cooldown I'll switch the terminology.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

how about extracting bosses that cast reflect with a specific pattern then? like balrog and dragonoir (on dragon) i know for a fact that dragonoir casts reflect every 90 seconds after his HP reaches a certain percent, same with balrog, but can't remember the exact time.

would add two extra bosses to the list, and maybe shine some light on interval/cooldown

EDIT:
    adding to that, and looking at the whole thing:
    -maybe instead of grouping them by level, you could group them by boss specific? as in arms and zaks in one spoiler, chaos arms and chaos zak in another, etc. right now it doesn't matter much since all bosses are in their own 10 levels though, so it's just something minor.
    -i noticed that although the body animations are, there aren't any "spell" animations, like zakum's big bang and several spell circles and the such, which is what makes most of the animations recognizable when fighting bosses.
    -horntail has a lot of "broken links" to skills, is it because they have no animation? i could have sworn he extends his arms and does a grip for some of then, then again, never have HT'd so anybody can correct me there

anything else would be figuring how the actual skills work basing off from field info and checking here, but that would be our job i guess hahaha.

i'll post anything else if i think of anything, thanks you very much fiel, this is really really great.

EDIT EDIT: all of von leon's animations seem to be missing too, can't go through all of the animations in the topic to check though.

4. Default

I've been looking for something like this for a long time.

You never fail to impress, Fiel.

5. Default

@Shinku - Read the "ABOUT THIS THREAD" for the images issue. You're smarter than that.

Can't do anything about the spell animations for Zakum for right now, and nor do I see adding them anytime soon.

As for grouping, that's a big nope for right now. It stays how it is.

6. Donator Straight Male
    panama

- This thread is a continual work in progress (especially the mob skills)
    - When I update this thread, not all images will immediately work. Just give it time as I'm likely uploading them. If an animation or image is down for more than a day, please notify me.

i'll take that first one as a compliment >.< i am very sorry, it's 4 am and i can't sleep. i'll just leave the suggestion of adding balrog and dragonoir (both forms) and come back when i am in top shape ;_;

thank you very much for this again, can't wait to see it grow

7. Default

The HP limit on Von Leon seems weird. I could have sworn it started spawning goblins way before the 60% HP mark. I need confirmation from people who run it more though.

I guess there's no way to tell from the data quirks about the skills like how close you need to be to activate Seduce from an HT arm/PB statue or how PB only casts certain attacks when it faces certain ways?

Also, I'm guessing Deadly attack is their word for 1/1 attacks. If so, any idea why there's a Physical dmg number attached to it as well?

8. Default

Thx fiel :)

Since there are some bosses (pianus, krexel, zk, ht, czk, cht, pb statues, castellan ...) are stationary and some of their skills range are greater than the screen limit (1024 x 768), can you change the background image to their own boss's map background, like what Cyanne used to do in the past?

9. Default

While I haven't tried to do constant runs either, I believe you're right on the hp limit thing. I got potential locked way before that 45% hp limit. As for the other stuff, I haven't particularly tried to glance when it happened yet, best to see what more people have to say first.

10. Default

This is pretty epic, not gonna lie.

Thanks, Fiel!
    The animations make me happy. :D

Quick Edit: I was going to be content just to look at the animations, but I love that all the data is right there. Here I thought the CD on Zak's Def Up was 1min and I was just getting my timing wrong (I don't really pay attention to the clock).

11. Default

It totally is wrong.

4:05

Also, the "Consume" thing should be the skill which it uses to kill all the mini castle golems in the map and consequently heal his HP with the sum of the HP of all of them (or maybe just a big %?).

12. Default

Just checked the mob skill - it is correctly reported in the extraction. Perhaps the "hp" variable has some other meaning...

Does he do the nullify all the way through the fight? Or does he stop doing it later on?

13. Default

Definitely continues to Potential nullify throughout. You can see it at 2minish on Fleyx's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye1olKfl9gQ
    I do think he stops spawning Goblins and only spawns Mini gollems after a certain threshold. Perhaps the 60% mark is when he stops summoning Goblins, but I'll have to test that in game soon.

14. Donator Straight Male
    panama

about the consume skill:

Some weird form of consumption
    Mobs - Mini Castle Golem
    Range - 800%
    HP Limit - 50%
    Interval - 3600 seconds

that either can't be right, or there is something we don't have an idea about. however, considering it has an interval of 60 minutes. think you can double check that one fiel?

darn, this kinda thing makes me mad i can't von leon periodically, we should give a call to marksmanbryan to see if he can help here.

15. Default

Basically, with it being 60 minutes, that means he only does the consume skill once per instance. Have you ever seen him do it twice?

16. Donator Straight Male
    panama

oh yea, as he gets weaker, he literally starts spamming the summon and eating animations, i don't know the exact times,probably once every minute or 2, but he definitively consumes monsters more than once, if not, any warrior could go in, tank his low damage, force him to spend his consume, and just kill him, the fact that he spams it is what makes the preferred strategy "make him max out on boars, so that he stops eating the darned golems and we can kill the guy"

17. Default

Totally clueless here. If someone could fight Von Leon and keep track of when he uses consume, that would help greatly. Otherwise, all of the data that's showing is a faithful representation of the WZ files.