Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

As far as I know so far, it just advances the release date of the PC version of Portal 2.

On a related note, this marketing thing with the Potato (POrTAl TwO) is far larger than I last expected. They've even gone as far as encrypting messages within hidden sound files within the games.

For all the info for this pre-release event that I've been looking at lately; Look Here.

On another note, the number of Potatoes from the users in our steam group are pretty disappointing.

2. Default

Not interesting in spending $40 so I can get a $45 game 10 hours earlier. I'll wait.

I don't even own those games lol.

3. Default

Not sure how it works, but if it's simply "play games sold in the potato pack", you should be able to help out with games you've previously bought. eg, I got SMB months ago. If I play it now, it might contribute.

I think.

Is it just having the game open, or something different?

4. Default

It's just having the game open, but collecting potatoes in-game is supposedly a multiplier. Which helps a lot.
    And yes, you can help. I had BIT.TRIP BEAT before all this and I managed to snag its potatoes.

5. Default

Nonono,

If you get all 36 potatoes from all games, you get something "special". TWEOTW is almost at full. I've been chugging at SMB, and have about an hour, which, according to 48 hours for 1%, is .021 percent of a percent.

6. Default

Potatoes also help the progress bar fill up faster.

7. Default

I'm kinda scared to play stuff like TF2 and go on certain forums this weekend. I want to avoid spoilers as much as possible.

8. Default

There are still potatoes that you can get without any of the games. For example, looking up and joining a steam group called NELIPOT nets you one with minimal effort.

9. Default

That's the only potato that's not related to a game.

And it's been pretty much confirmed that you need to have a game from the Potato Sack to get that potato.

EDIT: Latest release date at the moment is 6:10 AM PST on Tuesday, April 19th.
    As we complete more games, the release date is going to be pushed closer.

10. Default

I see. Well, I didn't buy any of the potato pack and just had a few from before that went around; and thanks to that I haven't really been on top of this whole ARG thing as much as many of you. Thanks for the correction. Saves me from looking like I got my steam account hacked by spamming my friends to join a random group.

11. Default

For the lulz:

Not so much for the lulz:
    Has anyone listened to that "leaked portal 2 end song?" It's pretty catchy :P

12. Default

The single-player ending? No spoilers here, but I liked it and found it creepy at the same time.

13. Default

I know that getting potatoes increases the multiplier, and that it helps get a better overall progression. What I'm asking, is for you to look at this and tell me what the reward is.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

It's not too bad, but it's just simply not "Still Alive"
    Leaked ending was rather disappointing. Valve hyped up the game too much.

15. Default

How long is Portal 2? $45 seems really high considering how cheap The Orange Box was.

16. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

I've heard that single player is 3x as long? And then you have the co-op/multiplayer stuff as well.

17. Default

So like half an hour?

No but seriously, the first game took me about an hour and a half on my first playthrough. Game needs more substance.

18. Default

People are saying all 36 nets you the entire Valve pack, including Portal 2.

19. Default

They've said that Portal 2 is twice as long as the original. Multiplayer is also just as long as singleplayer.

Also, with all the deals going on you can get it for less anyways. PC Version is like $35 in some places, Amazon is giving $20 in Amazon credit when it's already $5 off (360/PS3). Best Buy has the best deal so far, it's already marked down to $45 and $10 in BB rewards money and a $10 gift card (360/PS3).

Any way you slice it, Portal 2 is worth the money.