Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes at or around launch ($249.99)

27 21.60%
  • Yes, but I'll wait until the price drops

36 28.80%
  • Yes, I intend to buy one second hand as soon as I find it

1 0.80%
  • Yes, but I'm waiting for the next generation (3DS lite)

26 20.80%
  • I have no intention of buying a 3DS

35 28.00%
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1320
  1. Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

Saw the latest trailer for Fire Emblem: Awakening, looks really cool, so I've decided to buy it once it comes out. Haven't actually gotten to really play a FE game before, but I remembered I got Sacred Stones with the whole ambassador thing, so I started playing that.

Spoiler

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

Combo attacks? That's interesting...

5. Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

I think it's been shown in every gameplay trailer for the game since it was announced. Its the replacement for the rescue system, I believe it's called "Dual/Double system" or something like that. Serenesforest has a better explanation of it than I could do.

But yeah. Sacred stones is by far my most played game on my 3DS (It's at around 80 hours, according to my gameplay timer). I'm hyped for Awakening, since it seems to skip most of what made the DS games crap (Admittedly, most of the things wrong with shadow dragon were as a result of being a port with redone graphics rather than a full remake, and thus stuck with what they had come up with on the original console).

Also:Just as a warning to everyone: Fire Emblem: Awakening has a pineappleton of DLC, both paid and free.

It's a shame that nintendo doesn't seem to plan to do a "Season pass" or anything for it, because I would jump on that immediately. 23 paid maps so far in japan, with more still coming, most of which come with an actual character model/art/skills from a previous game.

There are also 6 spotpass sidequests, and a ridiculous amount of spotpass "teams" where you get a team downloaded from a previous fire emblem game, fight against them, and then you can recruit a "character" from that game. I say "character" because they don't get original models or anything, rather, they're as close as they can get with the prebuilt game models and skills, for example, Ephraim is a great knight and Eirika a Myrmidon.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Oh, I never watched any of the FE3DS trailers, so it surprised me lol.

Also Sacred Stones is my most played FE game as well. I don't know what it is about that game, but I guess it's due to being able to make everyone stupid godlike OP with farming Lagdou Ruins and buying stat boosts in the secret shops.

7. Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

I hope Nintendo doesn't go down that path T_T

8. Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

The DLC already costs more than the game will (Reggie confirmed it's all coming out to NA, and assumedly the EU too). There are 20-something paid DLC pieces (assuming they're nearly done with them), ranging from 200~400 Yen (judging from how the price scales for the NSMB2 DLC, it'll be $2.50~$5/ £1.50~£3) each. I would prefer them just selling a DLC pass for £30/$40 for the lot and saving time and effort, rather than having to plantain around in the eShop charging in small increments every week for them.

Besides, all the paid DLC come with new music/new versions of themes from previous games, new maps (or maps from older games where appropriate, redone in the new art style), and provide new characters with full artwork and new classes/ skills, and have significant storylines to them, (well, each map has large amounts of text as a regular ingame story map would) so it's not like they're half assing it and selling skin recolours or similar crap.

They also didn't seem to pull anything from the game to use as DLC (There are ~48 chapters including all sidequests, more than the GBA, DS and Gamecube/Wii games, and probably the previous games too).

So yes, I would be fine in buying a second games worth of real content for that price, because as far as I see, they could easily have developed the 20 something maps in to a second 3ds game and sold it like that. However, I wouldn't like to pay more than awakening will cost for the whole set of DLC, and the price gouging that dlc tends to get will probably stop me buying all of it, if there isn't some sort of pack option.

9. Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

Reason numero uno for anyone to get Mask of Miracle

10. Default Re: 3DS now with KH3D release date!

So apparently Animal Crossing will not have any paid DLC.

Link

11. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Maple Story 3DS at minute 4:42

12. Deluxe Refrigerator Male
    IGN: GlaciaIWolf
    Server: Broa
    Level: 146
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Forte
    Alliance: HighestLevel
    canada

Default Re: 3DS discussion with Tokyo Gameshow Tidbits: Ace Vs. Layton

Finished Virtue's Last Reward a couple of days ago. I've got to say it's probably my 3DS game of the year for me. I totally recommend it to anyone who likes visual novel esque games like Ace attorney. I also suggest for anyone interested in VLR to check out 999 first, as VLR is the direct sequel (it works as a stand alone, but can be a lot more appreciated if you play 999 first).

13. Default Re: 3DS discussion with Tokyo Gameshow Tidbits: Ace Vs. Layton

I was expecting MapleStory for the 3DS to be... 3D. It's too bad it'll likely never come out in the USA (or that I don't have a Japanese 3DS). It seems like it could be better than the first game.

14. Default Re: 3DS discussion with Tokyo Gameshow Tidbits: Ace Vs. Layton

DLed Paper Mario: Sticker Star from the eShop. And I'm enjoying it.

...and for those perfectionists, good luck gathering 160 stickers. :c

15. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Challenge Accepted!

Picking up my copy later today, totally hyped!

16. Helium Atom Male
    IGN: UhWut
    Server: Windia
    Level: 241
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: SquishyNoobs
    Alliance: Wings
    Virginia

Currently downloading Sticker Star. A little excited to finally play a Paper Mario game again!

Also, L>Animal Crossing 3D western release to get here quick!

17. Default Re: 3DS discussion with Tokyo Gameshow Tidbits: Ace Vs. Layton

Only a couple minutes in for Sticker Star.. already full album. The hell. :(

18. Default Re: 3DS discussion with Tokyo Gameshow Tidbits: Ace Vs. Layton

I believe It's supposed to get bigger the further you get.

19. Default Re: 3DS discussion with Tokyo Gameshow Tidbits: Ace Vs. Layton

Spoiler

20. Default Re: 3DS discussion with Tokyo Gameshow Tidbits: Ace Vs. Layton

Closed due to Sarah's departure. Someone else can make and maintain if interested.