Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes at or around launch ($249.99)

27 21.60%
  • Yes, but I'll wait until the price drops

36 28.80%
  • Yes, I intend to buy one second hand as soon as I find it

1 0.80%
  • Yes, but I'm waiting for the next generation (3DS lite)

26 20.80%
  • I have no intention of buying a 3DS

35 28.00%
Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
  1. Default

I plan to get one eventually, but I want to get a job and turn my grades around before hand. Hopefully, that process will be long enough for a boxset/special edition version to come out.

2. Default

Won't be getting this until I get a job. I'm not so crazy about 3D, I mean yes that's pretty cool, but it's not the selling point. Really, the new Paper Mario game coming out is reason enough to get it for me. I'm sure there will be other good games out eventually as well...the 3D is just gravy.

3. Default

I'll wait till prices drop.

I'm very interested in getting one, but I really could use a new computer first.

4. Default

I highly doubt the price will drop by the end of the year, by which time a lot of good games should have come out. There aren't any launch titles that look really interesting to me, but I will probably be getting one in summer or fall, and I'll check Craigslist for a used one at that point, and get a new one if I can't find one.

5. Default

Nintendo NEVER drops prices so I'd say anyone looking for a price drop will be waiting until the next version comes out (probably around 2013) but yeah this is mostly my thought pattern. I want to get one before the good games come out because it's guaranteed that they will be coming. Not to mention that it's backwards compatible and also has the virtual store so it's not as if you need a bunch of good launch games to justify buying it right away.

6. Default

...That's not true? Gamecube was $199.99 at launch and dropped to $99.99 by the end of its lifespan. DS phat was $149.99 at launch and dropped to $129.99 before the DS Lite came out. Many of its older systems also had price drops over time.

7. Default

I really can't wait for this.

I haven't looked into it much, though. Are they putting stuff in there like old NES/SNES/N64 games, like the Wii's Virtual Console? If so, I would easily buy all of the old Zelda/Metroid games in a heartbeat on my 3DS, because having those on a handheld would be freaking awesome.

8. Default

Yes, the idea is to release classics like on the wii, but I think it's limited to old handheld games (GB/GBC/GBA) but apparently they intend to buff some of them up to make use of the 3DS's features, like 3D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintend...onsole_service

It doesn't specifically state GBA there but it would be a pretty huge bummer if they left those games out.

9. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

I actually considered getting it at launch, but I've since changed my mind. I also have an original DS, and a second DS for Pokemon would be helpful. So a 3DS is the obvious answer. But I'll wait till more good games come out for it, or something.

10. Default

Either buy it as a bundle, or wait for the next iteration. The release games aren't the best right now.

11. Default

Going to wait for the next generation unless convincing games come out. Dat battery life is really a let down.

12. Default

Im getting a bundle on launch day. Not super interested in the fact its all 3D, just that its kinda like a portable Wii so i hope the games will be good (:

I was paying for it too but my mum has offered to pay for it as my 18th birthday present so ive saved myself £219

13. Default

I caved, after seeing amazons pretty sweet deal (3ds+ rayman for £200 after tax, [~$320] also free screen protector, probably won't use it, but hey, its free). Plus, I heard okamiden plays better with the circle pad

Also surprised that they must have had extra stock, since it went from ordered to dispatched in a few minutes, today.
    I would have thought they'd be backlogged, but i'm not complaining.

Still a shame the E-store isn't out at launch, but oh well.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

I hate you 3DS. I figured I can resist for at least a good year or two for price to drop. Then I saw....

CAVE STORY 3D

Afsdgtkhhljhvh

15. Default

I'm waiting to see if they add anything more to it. Cave storys art style just seems perfect as it was.
    Then again, fussy gits like me can also get the DSiware version when the store comes out, so its win-win for everybody!

16. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I'm getting a 3DS at launch, only because it's still set as a belated B-day present lol

17. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Where's the option for "Yes, someday?"

18. Default

The first four options cover that. Either don't vote or pick the option that best applies to when you think 'someday' might be for you.

19. Default

Comes out tomorrow in England. Wont be getting it tomorrow since I got pineappleed about. Although, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition should turn up tomorrow... woo.

Should be getting it Sunday/Monday though.

20. Default

Mine should come tomorrow, given its free express delivery.