Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
  1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Just because i answered doesn't mean you have to respond to me. Elaborating on it that much risks you the infraction since it has nothing to do with this patch. o.o

2. Default

The question was not directed to you, so you had just as little reason to respond as I did to respond to you.
    My response was in turn an indirect response to Fiel's original post.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

indeed, i love southperry, but it's a bit too slow for my tastes, look at the warrior section for example, over here it barely gets a post a day, but when it does, it's a post with a question that hasn't been answered before, over there, we get a lot of repetitive questions (hence why so many guides, to try to minimize this) but due to the SHEER amount of people, chances of discovering something new, or finding a jewel amongst the crap, are bigger, like the buster glitch thing, which was originally posted in basil (and i think SW) before stereo i think brought it here.

all you have to do is to pick selectively, ignore the bad, embrace the good. also, i like some of the trolling i can pull over there with so many users, and i know that if something weird happened with the game SOMEONE (as in at least 30 people) will have posted about it on basil, and i can get a general overview about it. example is the dew glitch, over here, the amount of people that encountered the glitch on their thieves and such could be counted with your fingers, basil gave us loads upon loads of people saying they couldn't find them, except for warriors, it's good for sampling.

so yea, they have their downs, but they have their ups too. field sample there, chemistry/math lab here

ON ANOTHER BUSINESS

i have seen this video at least a thousand times, and i need your help here guys, but is it just me, or the SLOW 8 polearm is performing the attack faster than the SLOW 7 Spear? i can't count the frames or anything since i don't have those programs, but i really want to know if it is just me going insane after too much buster glitch or just plain out missing something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIsw5RdcbuI&hd=1

4. Default

Hello people, I was one of the persons who said in Basil that the speed of dark impale was fixed, I guessed that just by looks of the video, obviously I might be wrong just like Fiel said before, I'm not into in-game calculations nor formulas but just by pure sight, in the video the attack seems same speed with both weapons and I assume the poleram is slower right?

Just like Shinku above me said, I'm quite impressed if its the same speed btu if its faster, now that's so cool for DrKs.

5. Donator Straight Male
    panama

problem is when you say it is, vs when you say that it could be, first one sounds like if you had delved into it, and had found it to be the answer, second one is a "let's test it out" approach, that's why i always say "i think" or "it could be" when i am not sure about something, helps stop silly rumors from forming *coughcough2xexpuntilyouget150%expcoughcough*

i presume you know of the buster glitch, just by looking at the video it seems to have the same problem, which is what is bothering me, with buster it's understandeable to a degree, because it had several animations depending on skill level, but this is an entirely new skill, that kind of stuff shouldn't be happening here. (not that i mind, all the more reason to get the 130 polearm)

6. Default

I'm sorry but I would be glad if you could enlighten me about the buster glitch, I do not have a DK/DrK nor I read about them that often.

Also, my post in basil was like this:
    "So the skill has a fixed attack speed? Bye bye arcglaives and the such for DrK's, hopefully not more overpricing. VIP spears here I come."

I placed a question mark in the end, leaving a doubt to be answered, then again if other Basilers like to make assumptions beyond, that's something I cannot control.

7. Donator Straight Male
    panama

true, but it sounds like if someone had said it before, however, we both know how this kinda stuff spreads like wildfire, not blaming you at all man. buster glitch is basically that the animation for buster is different, depending on which weapon you are using, polearms skip a few frame, making buster around 15% aster when using a polearm (making a slow 8 weapon be as fast as a normal 6 when using buster, and only buster)

but i think we went a bit off-topic here, this is about extractions, hopefully someone can answer my question.

8. Default

Oh, good to know, I wasn't aware of that glitch. So it seems the glitch still occurs in this patch, but I for one would love the skill to actually have fixed speed, because most people is going to aim for faster weapons otherwise, just like now, because it makes new added weapons into the game pointless.

9. Default

I did have a look at that video and did some fact checking.

- Fairfrozen is indeed Slow(7) and the halberd is Slow(8)
    - Dark impale's attack is attached to a delay class in the WZ files.
    - The delay class is the same regardless of which weapon you use.

I have no rational explanation why they would be the same speed. Perhaps the difference is negligible for this attack between Slow(7) and Slow(8), though I've forgotten the formula used to determine exactly how much slower. Considering the delay of the attack is small, the multiplier used against the delay class will not increase the delay by much - especially considering rounding to the nearest 30ms that's used.

10. Donator Straight Male
    panama

so what you are telling me, is that the delay is so small, it is almost unnoticeable then, there isn't any kind of "buster glitch" in this one.
    well, it's not fixed speed as some said then, but if the delay is indeed that small, well, i don't like that, gives people with horridly slow weapons the bigger advantage.

i'll wait for more videos to be uploaded or something, can't do much with just one, thanks a lot fiel, for real. (also, iirc, you can't extract delays from buster and w.speed right?)

11. Default

This is as good as I can do for now
    Spoiler

12. Default

This is as good as I can do for now
    Spoiler

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Wow I can't believe I never noticed this thread until now. The warrior changes are pretty sexy. LOL at Paladins becoming even tougher to kill than before.

One thing bothered me, and I don't feel like searching through almost 20 pages to find out the answer: What's the deal with Self Recovery? It just seems so... useless. Herp a derp I wanna recover a measly 20 HP/10 MP every second. *Chugs an Elixir*.

14. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Heroes kind of suck d'ick at pot cooldown, so this is just to help with that.