Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default

You may, just saying it's not really worth the effort. There are plenty of better skills they could replace it with, which is why my original suggestion was just to see it go.

Also no Alilatias, they didn't change Thunderbolt's animation, something sexy like a Mini Dark Fog would be nice.

2. Default

Sorry. I meant for it to be a buff like Evan's Slow, but still work on bosses.

It would be great at LHC.

3. Default

Hopefully they will be revamping every class eventually and that warriors are only step 1.

Edit:
    Would this mean optimal DPS with a Hero would be placing Panic/BS on a macro together?

4. Default

Guaranteed.

5. Default

Make Arch Mages more DPS happy or at least more useful bossers :c ?

and @donovan-character-person, stop playing your evan. And go play a f/p mage without using slow or seal. Then come back and fix your comments.
    Also, I like the chain-lightning animation. Its lightning, its supposed to look like scribbles.

Hi I'm an example of real lightning

6. Default

One things. Why did they make the ACB animation better then blast? And please nexon... Why no love for blunt weapons? T^T Instead of a stab in front of you it should slam into the ground like a mini heavens hammer. And blast should just get flashier or something because ACB is clearly looking 10x better now then blast.

Still very happy about the animation changes though. I can't wait. (:

7. Default

For the simplest performance, Brave Slash + Panic would work out to be only 2620%/s.

Given the ideal scenario,
    Panic on 10 orbs is ~2880%/s
    Panic on 9+ orbs is ~2900%/s
    Panic on 8+ orbs is ~2840%/s

This scenario itself concludes that Panic occurs immediately after the required amount of orbs is achieved, which I do not believe human reflexes can accurately reach, but if its attempted, it should be an improvement over the simple macro.

The explicit difference between the macro and the ideal scenario is that on the given chance that Final Attack off Panic reproduces 10 orbs, you would Panic twice in a row, but I do not believe that not only is that non-reproducible by a player; I believe that the delay between Final Attack occurring and performing the next attack is too great for this to occur. I'll see if I can configure a case where it delays using orbs gained from Final Attack to replicate something more realistic.

That being said, the macro of Brave Slash + Panic works out to be 2620%/s on single target and 11800%/s on six targets should be a much more accurate figure as it does not rely on the number of orbs present to perform. The net gain in orbs is on average greater than two, so you should never deplete your combo, and it would be a very low statistical occurrence of dropping down to six orbs alone, ~300 in a million. This macro should also be applicable to Coma, as the net orb gain on average should be greater than three, but Coma is inferior to Panic unless you want an interruptable stun on a monster.

8. Default

Is that assuming Panic and Coma retain their current formulas? Seems a bit unlikely.

9. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Those new animations are just...so...wonderful!!

My thoughts on the Paladin animations and warrior changes in general:

10. Default

They are. The numbers are quite high. If Panic and Coma just turn into regular skills, Panic on six monsters would be 7200%/s, and 1850%/s on single target, assuming the Brave Slash + Panic Macro.

Comparatively, Brave Slash alone is 1451.6%/s.

If they do become regular skills, the classes are relatively close to each other on 6 monster %/s, within around 200%/s, but Paladins leap far ahead with Combat Orders which makes sense. Combat Orders does almost nothing for Heroes, raising the macro to 12100%/s, and only to 7250%/s if Panic is a regular skill.

Comparatively,

Holy Thunder Advanced Charge Blow: 7375%/s on six monsters
    CO: 7902%/s
    Berserk Dark Impale: 7428.6%/s on six monsters
    CO: 7637%/s

Heroes however get a significantly larger bonus from Ignore Target Defense from Combat Mastery, and depending on the monster, Chance Attack can come into play. On that note, can LHC monsters be affected by Panic's Darkness?

11. Default

As far as I know, Panic doesnt inflict darkness on LHC mobs.
    And thanks for the imput on Panic.

12. Default

I lol'd.
    Slow is an amazingly good skill.
    If you don't think it's worth 20 skill points, then don't add into it. Problem pineappleing solved.
    It shouldnt be removed when 99% of all AMs i know LOVE slow.
    Hoping for some sexy bucc changes, then i wont feel like my marauder is a waste..

13. Default

Im safe to say now Heroes, Ressistance , DBS and Warriors are Balanced now.

The other needs rebalance.

Mages should be like this..

14. Default

Just saying I/Ls don't need either, and Seal becomes useless 4th Job when you have Paralyze. Mages aren't even great bossers, so I'm getting all the defense towards it being a great bossing skill. But honestly there are better party buff, and if it's Between you and Paladin with CO its pretty obvious the choice that's going to be made. You may use Slow, I'm saying your efforts would be better spent somewhere else, hence the need of a better skill to replace it or a change.

Mages need more to make them less of a joke class, being High Level is not really enough, because other classes just blow of out of the water, Being Slow and using Slow just make you average while every other class is blowing you away. I think removing a lot of these joke skills are a step in the right direction. Do Paladins waste time casting Threaten, nope because they don't need some lolboost because their power alone is enough, Not saying I want some hurrdurrspamclass, but honestly Slow and Seal are not what magicians need, I should now I have 5 magician classes.

The animation is outdated and of the worse of all magician 4th Jobs skills, it could be better.

15. Default

Why do you keep mentioning Seal? Seal is the most useless skill Arch Mages have. Slow is one of the most useful. They are not the same skill. You keep talking about the two skills like you're meant to use them while training on regular mobs, when the entire time everyone else has been saying "Slow is good because it works on bosses." Slow makes mobbing at LHC easier, if you are not much of a bosser.

There is no need to disable regular mobs, ever. They are way too easy. Any sort of passive stun or slow would have pretty much no effect on Magician training.

16. Default

Wait what? Threaten is an amazing skill that helps improve everyones DPM in a boss run. I use it all the time when I'm bossing with friends. Unless if you were talking about training, then yes and no. Yes for LHC monsters, no for any other monster.

17. Default

Guess what? I use Threaten exclusively at bosses these days for a few reasons.
    1. Improves everyone else's survivability.
    2. Improves everyone else's damage on the target a bit.
    3. I keep hearing it triggers Chance Attack for Heros.

Don't make assumptions about classes you don't play.

18. Default

Do you know how it works? If you do try to think one more time and realize what you just said.

And i've played all classes released in MS but that doesnt make what i say any more valid.

19. Default

I actually don't know if Threaten is worth it for LHC, damagewise... It doesn't list the chance of failure in the skill description, but it does fail about half the time. So on average you're losing 2 attacks to that, for a 6% damage boost on 20%pdr mobs... you need to take at least 33 hits to KO the mobs for that to be worth it, and that's the bare minimum. I dunno about other Paladins, but when I'm buffed up, I don't take over 30 hits to kill mobs with only 9-10m hp.

I mostly use Threaten to save pots, since it cuts back their damage from about 1.6k to 900.

20. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Its 50% miss rate for the -PDR and atk damage and iirc 8% chance to inflict darkness for 8secs? i forgot.

Also the range its huge and if you are training in LHC then use it when theres at least 2mobs or more.