Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Wonder if the VIP axe still remains untradeable even with it removed from the box o_O

2. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

well.. michael and michaela are npcs from the new area on orbis so i think they come from a questline or something

3. Default

I love the one in the SS. Which was the JMS one?

and what's this about untradeable VIP axe? o.o

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

For your first question, I don't see why you wouldn't get the bonuses from the set. Your class should have nothing to do with it, as long as the items are equipped they'll give you the bonus.

For your second question, I believe it's the ability to ignore 30% of the enemy's defense. That is to say, if the monster has 10% defense, then its defense will be reduced from 10% to 7%, since (10 - (10 * 0.30) = 7.

Thank you Fiel, for pointing out my error earlier.
    Last edited by Sorien; 2011-03-09 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Changed the wording to be more clear.

5. Default

Is there no elemental penalty to the Ele Wands/Staves? Sounds great for Battle Mages if so.

It seems as though the evolving rings stack this time though. Yum.

6. Default

Not quite, Sorien.

If the mob has 10% defense, it reduces his defense by 3% to 7%. Perhaps it's just semantics here, but that is how it works.

The elemental penalty variable still exists in the elemental weapons. This could give BaMs problems when they try to use dark spells.

7. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Ah you're right. What I meant to say and what I said were two completely different things, thanks for pointing that out. I'll change my original post to fix that.

8. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

He/She is talking about the fact that BaM factor the Weapon Speed with their attacks and the fact that almost every staff is slow(8). So using a Ele Staff 103-167 that are fast (4) its wayyyy better than having the full 6 set bonus with that slow staff.

9. Default

Isn't it 10% bonus to both main elements (ice and lit, or, fire and poison), and a 5% penelty for other elements? That's what hime stated anyways, unless this is checking straight from the data gained.

I tend to believe Fiel's data more...but just want to double check please :3.

10. Default

I love your sig.

11. Default

I have a question about the elemental weapons, how does that 10% bonus work? Is it added to the skill attack (for example, blaze deals 800% damage, with fire ele, will it become 800% + 10%= 810%?) or is it 10% of the extra damage output like the old ele weapons ?(800% x 1.1=880%)

12. Default

My real point in the first question was whether the bonus from the previous set stacks with the current set. For example, if I have all 6 items equipped, do I get the 4 item bonus, 5 item bonus and 6 item bonus? This is how it should work, but does it work in this manner? Or does the +10 to all overlap with the +4 and +6 to all, resulting in only +10 to all?

Also, thanks for the info regarding how the ignore 30% def works. This means that it is only really worth having one of these staffs if I am always fighting Pink Bean.

He.

There is a 5% penalty, but they haven't stated how it works in regards to Battle Mages yet. Only that the penalty is 5%.

Fiel, is there anything stating a penalty for other elements? In particular, is there a 5% penalty to Dark?
    Last edited by RahlsSoldier; 2011-03-09 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Question for Fiel

13. Default

Spoiler

No more vip one hand axe.. qq.

14. Default

Sorry. I didn't go look at the other threads that stated what Hime said. Regardless, I'd believe Fiel and his extractions before I do Hime or anyone's say-so.

I guess we'll have to see how this plays out in-game.
    Finishing Blow at max speed is gorgeous. <3

15. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

BaM only have 2 or 3 Dark Element attacks that aren't blow skill so it should not affect them that much. Even then the Speed of the weapon Easily Outweights the -5% tbh.

Also you gain the effects of Set 3 to 6 if you have every piece, there is no replace of one for the other. So if set 3 gave you 3 str, set 4 gave you 7 str and 5 gave you 10 str in total you gain 20 str.

16. Default

I would believe Fiel over Hime as well. I'm really hoping that there is no penalty to Battle Mages. A bigger hope is that they would release a staff 9 and 10 which are Dark Staves. Nexon would never do that unfortunately.

Okay, thank you. I figured that the sets worked that way, but Nexon is messed up, so I would rather ask, just to be safe.

I know the speed outweighs the -5%, I was just curious whether or not I would be seeing a reduction in damage after this patch.

17. Default

Quick question: did potential tiers change?

18. Default

Who said anything about a 5% penalty? The penalty variable is still 75 which implies a 25% penalty.