Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [KMST] [1.2.374] Monster Park?

1. Default

Hurrfailcorrection.

There was no better experience than trade wins with max Rombot summons. Ever.
    For reference, Rombots gave 720 exp, meaning you'd only need to kill 84 to get more than 60k exp.
    Why 60k?
    Well, because that would mean you got more than double the experience that you would for just winning with A rank.

That's on 1x.
    Would you like me to do the math for 2x?

One example does not proof make. The unoccurance of an event is not proof that it cannot occur.
    And I can think of several times it happened... CPQ being one of them.
    Ludi PQ used to be better experience than training.
    Then there was Maze PQ.
    Then Pirate PQ
    Then Ghost Ship PQ.

Or maybe you mean to say that they've never so quickly replaced a training area?

2. Default

You obviously never pg leeched...
    Just checked and cpq Rombots were only about 300 exp each

3. Default

Nope. Didn't have any high level friends nor did I intend to pay to level. Don't really classify leeching as training.
    I prefered the free route that didn't rely on chance of availability and the risk of being KSed or DCed.

Seems like they actually gave 450. My mistake in assuming they were the same as normal.
    Party of two with a leecher = 360 (8:2) + 36 (10% party) = 390
    Making 154 Rombots for more than 60k exp. Still pretty sure I could do that in under 10min.

4. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Sure let's abandon the high level model that this game has had since the beginning.

In that last post when i said the "fastest training spot available", i was referring to the fastest training spot available for [i]end/mid game levels[/b]. Those silly PQs were designed for low levels, because leveling used to be tough as s'hit for the majority. For high levels, which since we're going off my speculations, the imaginary 120+ CPQesque PQ would have to compete with LHC in exp gain. A PQ being faster than training for 120+ characters has been unheard of in this game, and that certainly isn't going to change out of nowhere.

Also, i'm kind of sick of this discussion already. We have no proof for any of this right now so speculating over it when stuff like this happens is just annoying.

5. Default

Actually for some characters, CWK PQ is faster than training...though im not sure if this is intended. Regardless, I think what Viaje is saying is that when each of those PQs came out, the majority of players were at the level of that PQ, CPQ was a little late but LPQ was swamped with people back during its release. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised at all if a 90-120 or even a 120-140 PQ were to be released. At this stage however, anything that speeds up the 110-120 would be ideal.

In my experience 14x+ is getting to be much more of a peach post Big Bang, although I guess that depends on what you consider high level. it takes me 6-7 hours to level at 150, something i couldve achieved in 3-4 pre BB with 2x and one days supply of family EXP buffs.

At this point in the game it really seems like the majority of players are peaking at 100-140, and the 150 barrier is a hard one to break. It took me 6 chars to do it. I can certainly foresee more PQs in this range coming up, based on the trend Nexon has set so far.

6. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I've leveled 5 times on post-BB 163-168 curve faster than it took me to level from 140-150 on the pre-BB curve, and the total exp difference for those levels is like 250m exp less or so? I really can't imagine how easy it is to do those levels now especially with LHC coming out in 28ish hours.

7. Default

Are you playing the same Maplestory I am? Because the one I play has never focused on end-game.

See previous "An event not occurring is not evidence that it cannot/will not occur."
    Of course a PQ being faster than training for 120+ characters has never been seen in this game.
    Newsflash: There is currently no PQ designed for 120+ characters!
    Just like there was once no PQ for 50+ characters. Then Maze PQ appeared "out of nowhere."

Your argument is pretty much "it doesn't exist yet, so it'd be ridiculous to think it will exist."
    I've heard that argument a lot referring to PvP, but we all saw how that worked out.

Glad we agree, but I'm afraid that makes you a masochist seeing as you're the one who first posted such bold speculation.

8. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Did i say they did? Did i say anything about neglect? I remember saying that there is a set MODEL, PLAN, etc 4th job has used and it has not changed to make PQs the primary source of experience.

Want me to reverse it and say "An event not occurring is not evidence that it will occur"? Refer to Appeal to probability. You're saying it CAN happen because it HASN'T happened? That's not a guarantee at all...

GMS has plenty of 120+ designed PQs, but you keep shifting the argument between GMS and KMS. Which version do you want to stick to? Because KMS doesn't have ludi maze PQ, and now neither do we.

No, my argument is not anything to do with something existing or not. It is about what would result from it existing. Two different concepts. My point is that Nexon Korea would be stupid to replace LHC so quickly if this completely imaginary godly exp PQ is about to be released.

ASJROAWNETAKLENTYAIERNATOJINASDR

Might i direct you the post that originally started any kind of 120+ CPQ discussion?

How about the post that even incited any kind of argument over an imaginary and completely irrelevant implication? You seriously might as well go into mapleadditions and start getting into fuming arguments with them over their ideas, because that's basically what you've been doing up till now...

I don't even believe speculation is even meant to be argued against because it's literally based on shaky evidence and pure ideals, not to mention i'm not a korean developer. >.>

Also, growing tired of an argument does not make me a masochist for posting it. What kind of pain/pleasure am i getting out of this? Or should i call you a sadist and bring on even more ad hominyms? Good job egging on another response when i clearly stated i'm done with this though.

9. Default

No, what you said was what I quoted. However, you went into no explanation as to what exactly the "high level model" was, leading me only to make speculation and assumptions.

And, again, it has changed many times in the past.

Please don't grasp for straws.
    Yes, feel free to reverse it. That's perfectly fine, but it has nothing to do with my argument. I'm not saying it will happen; I'm saying it could happen. Or have you not been following along?

It's rather hilarious that you're citing "appeal to probability" when you're the one invoking it.
    May wanna read that bit about "A second form of the appeal to probability is the appeal to improbability or an appeal to impossibility in which the odds of an occurrence are drastically downplayed in order to bolster an insecure position or brush aside something that is problematic. This form of the appeal often applies to circumstances where the actual odds are not known."

My argument has not once been that this is or that there will ever be a 120+ PQ that outpaces training.
    I've simply been saying that it could be. Therefore, my stance has been "because something could happen, it could happen". Where's the logical fallacy there?

I have not once specifically mentioned either version, so I couldn't have been shifting my argument.
    I would, however, love to see a list of these multiple PQs designed for 120+. Only one that comes to mind is VPQ, but that was an event PQ that didn't even give experience for completion.

Not if it was simply an alternative, not a replacement.

She questioned nothing more than what it was. You're the one who went and assumed that the experience would be terrible and all other sorts of things.

I have no idea what mapleadditions is, but I'm not really interested in that.
    It is funny that you think I've done anything in this thread that you have not. I just haven't said that I find it annoying.

And yet, you argued against that original post? Still not understanding it.

No, but starting and continuing a speculative argument when you believe "so speculating over it when stuff like this happens is just annoying."

I argued against your original post because there is a difference between speculation and fantasy. Namely, that speculation should be rooted in something.

I do agree that we've veered far from the original matter though, so we can end it here if you'd like.
    Don't really intend to have an ongoing discussion about a completely theoretical matter in an extraction thread.
    Not worth the energy.

10. Default

Haha how cute, instead of spreading your delightfully charming personality on basil, you come to SP too spread your bull pomegranate lol.

Anyway the speculation is a hypthosis, which is based off patterns that our devolopers have been using as a foundation since day one. You're just looking for an illogical fight as it takes a little bit of common sense to see the reasoning behind his statement.

11. Default

What a rebuttal that was. Allow me to bow before your brilliance.
    Sorry that I apparently kicked in one of your sandcastles while stomping around on Basil.
    Seeing as I have no clue who you are, I can't really tell if an apology is in order.

Whose speculation? Takebackers? Because it couldn't be.
    A hypothesis is an explanation for a phenomena, not a prediction of one.

All semantics aside, the developers have demonstrated no pattern in their release of new content other than frequency.

I'm not looking for a fight; I just didn't appreciate him shooting down the idea with an absolute statement where there could be no absolute. However, I'm not sure that someone who stomps in with personal insults has any room to say who is looking for a fight.

PS: To quote yourself - "It's ignorant to shut down any possibility when it clearly exists."

12. Default

It's your sandcastle I knocked over. Sorry that you couldn't get the attention you were craving for.

I'm sorry but are you really trying to seem so bullheaded you can't even see past your horns?
    See the last bit? A hypothesis is by no means an answer. If you are able, once again, apply some common sense to the subject, his statement, which by all means I'd place money on, is that the new PQ will not be beneficial exp wise, based on past experiences, and the illogical conclusion that after releasing leons castle, a 140-16x+ zone, a 120 pq would by any means surpass that in exp wise.

Okay I'll bite, how many PQ's are beneficial exp wise? Pirate pq and CPQ. How many pq's are there? Yeah.

You read too deep into his words and he simply was backing up his statement. And pretty hypocritical, I would quote every single derogative you've posted in the last 2 pages, but I don't think the webpage could handle it.

Since you like quoting me maybe you can quote where I'm ignorant of the possibility? I'm simply defending his statement as a clear logical one based on the circumstances. In other words, your nitpicking a very plausible statement and being an antagonistic asshat about it. Sorry though I could make it a lil clearer for you since you've never been one to catch on to what's between the lines.