Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Site Lockdown - COMPLETE

We'll be locking briefly tonight at 9pm for a brief maintenance project.

Countdown to 2011-03-03 21:00:00: 000:00:00

2. Default

Your post says 9 PM but it's 9:20 according to the time above my post. Unless that's affected by my personal computer/time zone?

3. Default

And what does the countdown say?

4. Default

Uhmmm. Woops I copied and pasted weirdly.

Above the timer you said 9 PM though. And timer says 11-3-3 2100 35 mins

5. Default

After playing maple this long are you still unaware that time is locale subjective?

6. Default

If your central then I would just think SP.net would have some timer for central people somewhere on the page@@

Edit: Wait the bottom does. But it has my own eastern time.

F1. Forget what I said then.

7. Default

make the timer code recognize user time zone? The posts do it already anyways.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Thanks for the heads up.

9. Default

No. The entire point of the timer is to tell you compared to the site time.
    98% of our traffic doesn't have an account and therefore doesn't have a timezone offset and would be screwed by that idea.
    With it telling you exactly what it's counting down to and the time remaining to that point it's a consistent experience that even most idiots can understand.

10. Default

Your timer is in two parts. One part is your CST time, the other is the countdown. I meant to change the CST part to be inline with the default(display the time zone) or user's preference.

11. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Quick, someone get something for Zelkova to do so he doesn't panic during the downtime.

12. Default

I'm aware of what you meant, but again, see those 98% who it would still be exactly the same for.
    More importantly if I did it your way tardmonkeys would assume they could enter time in their own locale and have it recognized and redisplayed for everyone in everyone else's own time zone which is even more untrue and misleading.

It's not worth the time or effort to make it look at input, convert it from the users timezone to the server timezone, then reconvert it to the subjective timezone of everyone who happens to look at it. It accepts time relative to the server. It displays time relative to server. Straightforward, predictable and consistent with no issues due to users having set the wrong timezone, users who don't have a timezone or other complications.

13. Default

Maintenance completed.

14. Default

I dont eat, sleep, and breathe SP anymore. I am weaning myself off the site.

15. Default

My Southperry is in Hebrew now, what's I gotta do to change it back? I can't read hebrew, so I'm going to ask for specific buttons, a la, like how many down they are.

16. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

There should be a drop down box at the really bottom. Click on it and choose the first option.

17. Default

Thanks, I was looking in the wrong locations for it.

18. Default

I like how Hebrew is like mirror mode.