Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Hm. She has a physical side too though. Rosch is really the only one I think of as typecast.

Weren't you stunning the enemies so you could enter battle at an advantage and kill off the more dangerous ones before they could attack?

2. Default

I was trying to run past them and it started off as a normal battle. Stunning the enemy should never be a requirement to win the battle, just like if an enemy sneak attacks you, it should not be auto-lose unless you're already severely hurt.

I just dislike the massive amount of turns a large number of enemies can have if you need to change to set up even a small combo.

3. Default

I never felt that way. Sacrificing my turn for the greater good (or combo in this case) always made me feel really good. Especially since you get exp/money bonuses for really big combos. I knew that every turn I changed out to beef up my combo would reward me graciously. This becomes even more true if you mob once you get the Steal skill because you can steal from the entire mob in one attack and sometimes get awesome equipment.

4. Default

Damn, I started playing and 3 hours went by like nothing. This game is awesome o_O

5. Default

Beat this the other day. Enjoyed just about everything the game had to offer. The music and characters really set up a nice atmosphere and the story was enjoyable every step of the way. Just about everything looks like they put in a lot of attention to small details.

This isn't a game where you can just button mash your way through battles, but I still think battles aren't exactly that hard. If you make good use of movement skills (push assault, grapple, etc.) and the Change option to rearrange turns you shouldn't have too much trouble, having a strategy helps too. Once I realized how good Aht's trap skills were I pretty much stuck to using her and the trap strategy whenever I could (which kinda sucked when I got to Hell Spider and Guardian because it made me realize I can't depend on it in every battle).

The time travel mechanic sort of gives the game built-in replay value while still only playing through the game once, you can re-battle bosses and replay certain scenes over and over if you really want to do so. Sometimes when I'm playing a game I just want to watch a certain scene play out again and this game let me do that (for the most part).

Also, whenever the game let you make a critical decision I always tried to choose the one that would lead to a bad end. I sort of made it a little game to try to get it first, I managed to get it the majority of the time just by being reckless, but even then I still couldn't get the bad end first every single time haha.

If you're thinking about playing this, please don't hesitate to purchase.

6. Default

Vainqueur.

7. Default

A) Stunning them makes getting past/around them easier and prevents them from ambushing you.
    B) Stunning them makes killing them easier by ambushing them.

It's not a requirement, it's an advantage since they have the essentially the same opportunity to do it to you.
    You can still win without doing it, but if you have a tool you can readily and easily use to give yourself an edge in every battle not using it because it takes effort is just dumb.

8. かっか! Straight Male
    IGN: HARUKASAN!
    Server: 765Pro
    Level: 999
    Job: Puchi
    Guild: Puchimas!
    Alliance: iDOLM@STER
    canada

THERE ARE ACTUALLY SPOILERS ABOUT THE GAME IN HERE WHY WAS THIS NOT IN A SPOILER TO BEGIN WITH

9. Default Re: Radiant Historia (the best game EVER)

MEGA BUMP.

This game is going back into reprint due to popular demand at the end of March SO MAKE SURE YOU BUY IT THIS TIME if you haven't already. Used copies have been selling for $100+ online since it went out of stock because it is rare AND awesome.

So seriously, make sure you buy it while you can this time. $35. DO IT.

10. Default Re: Radiant Historia (the best game EVER)

It went out of stock? Lol - there were a ton of copies at my exchange store here on base, probably because they tend to get stuff so late.

My only issue is that, due to the nature of how the time travel works, there is a LOT of backtracking through the same parts of the game and it can be annoying to encounter a puzzle or quest and have it not be solvable with your current time travel options but not KNOW this It's a great game, but it's got its share of flaws too.

11. Default Re: Radiant Historia (the best game EVER)

Would have been cool if they released it in the EU.

12. かっか! Straight Male
    IGN: HARUKASAN!
    Server: 765Pro
    Level: 999
    Job: Puchi
    Guild: Puchimas!
    Alliance: iDOLM@STER
    canada

Default Re: Radiant Historia (the best game EVER)

Have someone import it for you! =)

13. Default Re: Radiant Historia (the best game EVER)

Okay Sarah, I'll buy it, and to be quite frank a game hasn't impressed me since skyrim. Seriously before skyrim, it was like a game from 2005. So, ILL TAKE YOUR CHALLENGE.

It also looks like fire emblem which I really enjoyed, I still play through that till this day because it just has me hooked.

14. Default Re: Radiant Historia (the best game EVER)

That's Atlus's schtick. Make a great game, goes outta print once all the diehards get their copy. Proceed to spend months looking for a copy, let alone a cheap one.

DDS1/2 WILL BE MINE.

15. Default Re: Radiant Historia (the best game EVER)

So glad you recommended this game to me. I love it.