1. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Regarding the off-topic conversation of "Obamacare," I love how people are quick to kill anything that may be unconstitutional, even if it's something that provides for the continued well-being of the people of this country. I mean, I understand wanting to prevent the loss of rights or the creation of WMD's that have extreme deleterious effects on a nation's population by ensuring any unconstitutional method of their creation is prevented, but holding up the finger of red tape preventing dying children from receiving life saving procedures because they have a penicillin allergy or some inconsequential preexisting condition is inhumane.

I'm not saying the constitution should be ignored on occasions benefiting the public because then that (obviously) opens huge, easily manipulated loopholes for lots of malicious or at least questionable legislation, but merely that I'd hope those against what they deem "Obamacare" aren't against all methods of comprehensive health care for every citizen of the United States. If it's constitutionality you're worried about, I'm sure there's a way to make things work. But in the 21st century it's becoming evident that health insurance is just as much a necessity to longevity as safe food, shelter, and hygiene.

2. Default

^^^ Rationalizing the creation of a bill outside of Congress's power by using comparisons to life threatening illness and other such extremes ^^^

I would hope that people would be swift to kill stuff that is unconstitutional! I don't hate "Obamacare" (I prefer to just call it "the new health care bill"), but if Congress is overstepping its bounds and forcing us to do something which is not allowed by the Commerce clause I would want the government to be put in its place regardless of how good or not the bill is for the people.

The constitution is a contract with the people. You don't go around pushing the meaning the contract even if it's good for the people. That's bad business and bad governance. If you want to change the scope of government - fine, change the contract. But don't go pushing the limits of what the contract states. Otherwise, we common peoplefolk don't know what can be expected from our government as the rules set forth by the constitution are pushed and pushed into meaninglessness.

If it ends up being considered constitutional, I'm fine with that. If it's not constitutional, rip that part out and start over again. By the time its constitutionality is considered Republicans might have another majority in both houses of Congress considering how the previous election went. Then we'll see if they really can design a health care law that is fair and responds well to natural market forces.

3. Default

Regarding the Obama care...yet again...lol. The solution is really quite simple. Allow the current system to be nation wide. That will promote much more competition between the insurance agancies and yes that also means more coverage for those who really do need it.

4. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

I absolutely agree with you, Paul. I suppose my contention should be more clear: all unconstitutionality should be destroyed. However, I hope that in the quest to eliminate unconstitutionality the acceptance and pursuit of some constitutional method of carrying out specific policies that are beneficial to the nation at large aren't ignored or disregarded. In other words, reform the parts in the health care bill that are unconstitutional, but don't repeal it altogether.

...I suppose the easiest way to say it would be: stop unconstitutionality, not universal health care.

5. Default

Unfortunately the only way to fix the bill would be to scrap it all together and start over because it is so long and completely jacked up that trying to fix it would take more time that starting over.