Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

I've never claimed to be an "otaku" nor will I ever. I hate even hearing the term used in non Japanese conversations.

2. Default

Wow, I seem to be a jerk to someone. And I am annoying, what a surprise!

An option to add some special questions to our profiles would be nice, though I doubt it can be implemented easily.

3. Default

Actually, It looks like the system will mostly be abused for "fun" rather than be an accurate reflection of the people.

4. Default

Probably, but who cares.

5. Default

There will always be people who will find you annoying regardless of what you do. There are people who hate you just because you're from Mexico just like there are people that hate me because I'm from America. It's a fact of life and it's something that won't go away. Just accept the criticism and move on.

6. Default

Apparently a few people. Otherwise people would not be posting concerns over this system.

7. Default

Yes because clearly hundreds of users are terribly upset and rallying an outcry about the vast injustice of the system.

8. Default

No, actually a few people posted honest concerns. There is no need to belittle them by abusing the strawman fallacy.

9. Default

Honest concerns because they're afraid to be judged? Or know how it will turn out?

10. Default

Probably closer to reductio ad absurdum. He didn't create another argument and attack it.

11. Default

My mockery of your hasty generalization would not constitute a strawman because I used your actual stated evidence, not a corruption of it, I just did it in a manner that clearly pointed out the lack of numbers.

12. Default

Isn't it? We need Southperry Popcorn.

13. Default

14. Default

Needs to be a chin nibbling it's way through a bag.

15. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

hey look i have 0 votes goodyea i know by posting this thats probly gone

16. Default

I still have zero votes (even being quite an active/old member).

17. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

I seriously don't see it with you but that's just me.

I just thought of another option that could be up there. Good sense of humor/maturity/immaturity, perhaps.

18. Default

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/straw-man.html
    Based on what he did. I'd say strawman applies. Maybe your's does as well. Its quite rare for one fallacy to not have more than one label apply.

You changed a "few people" into "hundreds" and then you changed "posting honest concerns" into "terribly upset and rallying an outcry." That is a complete distortion of what I stated.

Some people fear being judged. Others might be afraid that this system will be open to abuse. Others simply dont believe it's a good idea.
    Everyone is different and will have different concerns and combinations of concerns.

19. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

I'm enjoying this, hehe.