Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Is there a level limit for the profession skill levels? For example, do you have to be lvl120 before you can get a level 10 profession or does it not matter at all?

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Doesn't matter. Level of profession is based on how much you use it.

3. Default

If I'm reading this right, you can combine any 2 of the same eguip for a hidden pot one correct?

4. Default

Yes, you can combine any two of the same equipment to have a chance in getting an unidentified one.
    Warning, as the original stats on the equipment will not be transfered to the product.

When combining two of the same equipment with both having potential, the product will always be unidentified.
    Basically, a non-NX buyer's cubing method.

5. Default

I haven't gotten the chance to try this, nor will I probably ever, but I think, if you combine two Immortal Pharaoh belts without attack (as in, lost some stats through Chaos Scrolling) it will reset back to its clean stats (stats are random of course, but it's based on its clean stats), giving you another chance to Chaos. That's pretty much the best use I can think of for combining equips (besides leveling the Alchemist skill, it's pretty great exp for Alchemy, and getting potential on some equips)

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i am also wondering if this resets the lines, since it's a new item now.

7. Default

Yes. It does reset the lines. :)

8. Default

Now the chance it will be hidden pot, is it better or the same as if it just dropped from a mob?

9. Default

This I do not know. But I assume that it's random. As in 50/50.

10. Default

Does the level of the character matter at all, or is it just the level of your profession?

11. Default

Can you combine a whole bunch of noob eguips and get an accurate %tage of chance for hidden pot?

12. Default

So far, using Old Wisconsins, I've gotten 7/30 Potted, 2 of those 7 were epic on reveal, 3 of those 7 were 3 lined, none were epic and 3 lined.

13. Default

Thanks can I ask you to also
    take potted eguips and combine them and see how often 3line/epic also if it isnt too much?

14. Default

It's too much. lol
    To combine equips, you would need at least 3 Alchemist Rocks, at 6k each. And with the looting speed that foreigners have, it's really hard to earn mesos in kMS. Emphasis on the hard.

15. Default

Alchemist rocks are dropped from mobs or sold through npcs? If dropped how rare like summon/magic?

16. Default

They are sold from the NPC.

17. Default

I might be able to do it, as soon as I find a proxy to patch kMST. It's relatively easier to get money there, and it only takes 1 alchemist rock to combine two equips under 30, and at 5k each, it's only 500k.

Basically, I'll buy Old Wisconsins and combine them until 100 rocks have been expended. If a combination doesn't result in a potential Wisconsin, I'll combine that one with the next one, if it does, I'll buy an extra wisconsin for every potential one. Then I'll combine the potentialed ones.

18. Default

Thanks can't wait to see the results also can you keep track of non pot combinations also so more info.

19. Default

Had to reduce trials to 50 because of fatigue, the first 50 trials are unpotted combinations, and of those 50, 11 came out with potential, 1 epic, 10 rare, all 2 lined. Judging by this and the 30 Wisconsins I did earlier, I think the chance of getting a potential item is about 20%~25%.

The last ten combinations are combining those 11 with potentials together, and they are guaranteed to come out with potential. Of those ten trials, 1 came out Rare, 3 Lined and 1 came out Epic, 2 Lined. The one that came out epic was a combination of the 3 lined and one of the other ones. I later combined two rare, 3 lined old wisconsins and got a Rare, 2 Lined one, so I don't think there's any relationship between the lines and rank of the combined items and the produced item.

I basically assigned each hat an ID based on it's position in my inventory, however, if a hat came out without potential, I gave it the next number, for example, Hat 1 and Hat 2 combined and the result was without potential, so I called that Hat 3, and the next hat in my inventory became Hat 4. If the hat did come out with potential, I gave it an ID above 100 and removed it from the combinations.

Results