Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
  1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I feel sorry for you. But no, fairy tail is not worth watching.

2. Proton

IGN: Veniece
    Server: Windia
    Level: 163
    Job: Battle Mage
    Guild: Voyagers
    Alliance: StrawHats

LOL. Every single manga reader has given me the same response you've given me.. I've tried manga, and preferred anime, don't hate me for who i am >:D

You get what I'm saying tho, is it worth reading/watching. Can someone give me a quick synopsis of the setting/plot? ie. It takes place in a world of pirates and the main character's goal is to become the pirate king and creates his own pirate crew. There are fruits that give special powers etc. etc.

3. GLADIGATORS
    usa

It takes place in a world of magic and the main characters goal is find the dragon Igneel who raised him (Natsu) and to become a strong summoner (lucy). The fights are great and hardly predictable and the characters are great.

4. Proton

What kind of powers do they have(I heard Natsu has a skill that makes him super fast)? And I read something about guilds, is that similar to a pirate crew and do these guilds battle eachother and why? Is there like a tournament for guilds to battle each other?

This will be the last of my questions :P

5. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Natsu has fire related skills, lucy summons zodiac gods, many other powers from other characters to even mention. Guilds = "family", they do jobs usually involving a battle for money. Dark guilds exist and f'uck with people for their own reasons. There is a tournament within the guild to upgrade in mage rank, which is what the arc right now is about.

6. Water

IGN: SolicShooter, SolicSage
    Server: Demethos
    Level: 162
    Job: Captain, BaM
    Guild: FallingStars
    Alliance: Quit MS
    netherlands

Lucy and Natsu meet each other and Lucy decides to join Natsu's guild called Fairy tail. Guilds in Fiora (world of Fairy Tail) take on jobs to earn money and are composed of mages. The main characters are Gray (Ice creation magic), Natsu (Fire dragon slayer magic), Erza (switch your armour/weapon around magic called re-equip?) and Lucy (Celestial magic, summon spirits to support you in battle). While I've to say that most of their powers aren't that diverse there are a lot of characters in the fairy tail guild that are interesting or have interesting magic. When an arc passes they usually gain another member and enter the next arc. The stories aren't dragged on forever so it's faily enjoyable to watch and read in my opinion. There is indeed an arc that revolves around a good guild vs good guild and another one that revolves around bad guild vs good guild alliance and then there is a tournament within Fairy tail itself because of a conflict between the master of fairy tail and his grandson.

7. Proton

Wow thanks for that take backer and solic! Sounds interesting :P

8. Default

I'm really glad someone made this thread! :D I really love Rave Master and Fairy Tail. I've been reading FT for awhile now, so I'm glad I finally saw this. Like what most people have said, FT is a very good read, and I'd suggest it to anyone.
    Spoiler

9. Proton

Natsu is a cool name. Its kinda catchy to say. Reminds me of butterflies though o-o

10. Default

228 is out omg I'm gunna ruin it for you quick go read it.

LOL I thought it was pretty cool Elza could hold her own even though Lluvia was getting pineappleed up. And then when Gray got mentioned she turned into a phsyco peach and is ready to pineapple the girl up LOL.

But lol at this listing for this girl. I love Gildartz, it's pro that he's number 3 on the list and he's never in any of the fights.

Also, Blue Cobra or whatever his name is sounds dangerous.

Okay new plan. Natsu Elza and everyone pineapples up the Seven Purgatory Kin. Marakov regains his strength and takes out Hades, kind of like what he did with Jose. And then Luxus comes back and pineapples up this Blue Cobra guy (maybe with Natsu (and maybe some others like Elza's)) help.

11. Default

I'm pretty excited for the next chapter. I like Juvia and it will also be nice to have the focus on someone other than Natsu for once in this arc.

12. Default

Not really. I was kind hoping Elza was gunna kick ass real fast with this girl. Although Elza barely looks grazed or near fighting seriously.

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

>Elza

Wat. o.o

14. Default

It's the American way of saying Erza.

Edit: Like how I say "Zolo" instead of "Zoro."

15. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I say it the way it's printed. O_o

16. Default

Well the way it's printed isn't exactly correct when translated to English.

The only reason I know this is because back when 4th job came out for MS, people were confusing Night Lords for Night Roads because L and R are the same letter in whichever asian language it was, or SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

So it's more correct to say the L, not because it's really more American or better, but because of this mistranslation.

But, whatever floats your boat.

17. Default

Blue cobra? I think his name was BlueNote the Overpowerd Mage who stopped a War by himself.

18. Default

Wrong way round my man. Japanese only has R sounds. There are no L's in Japanese at all, and the R letters ("Ra, Ri, Ru, Re, Ro") are used instead when translating words from other languages into japanese. Theres no real way of deciding which is more correct, until the manga writer produces an official translation (there have been a couple of times where her name has shown up written in english in the anime/manga, and it's always shown as erza scarlet)
    It's only "Zolo" in english because the translators were pomegranatescared of being sued for having a sword fighter named anything similar to "Zorro". Theres a reason why all the english thats in the japanese versions spells it "Zoro"

19. GLADIGATORS
    usa

But it's already translated to english. D: