Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Well you can't really go killing off the main character really. Especially considering the fact that that would also mean the killing of 3 dragon slayers, which seem to be important in this manga...

2. Default

best way to explain a super power up that'll be necessary for the new arc o_o

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Rapid time skips aren't a bad thing. Hiro mashima does it fairly well it seems and it'll be much better since he isn't taking an X week break like other mangakas.

4. Default

It's not like he pulled it out of his ass, he had it planned from at least the panel earlier in the arc where we saw the same frame of the boy staring at the sea (Romeo?) back in 234 (I think that was the chapter anyway, give or take a few), plus all of lucys commentary about the battle that we get every arc that suggested something would happen.

It's about time we had a manga where the time skip was forced on them and not just some bs because they could randomly choose to wait x years to train and no-one would even think of looking for them.

Reread the chapter and makarovs crying when he realized that his "children" had come back to protect him, after he spent the entire arc trying to protect them and not being able to do so, and that he was ready to die to protect them kinda got to me. Well played Mashima.

5. Default

Bleach had a forced time skip. It wasn't done as well but----

I don't like change I miss them.

6. Default

7 freaking years? all I can think to say is .... wtp.

Just imagine their new looks. I hope Mashima is as good to develop new looks for his characters as Kubo is (Shinigami's changes to their looks are so simple, yet they work so good).

7. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Bit late here as I read the last 2 chapters just today, but daymn I've seen a bunch of dragons in my life, but that was one of the most badass ones I've seen.

Also, time skip? Wow...

inb4 Natsu and Lucy are married ^0^

8. Default

Inb4 they don't change physically due to some crazy stasis magic from Mavis.

9. Default

They prob will change. Time skip isn't something that can be taken so lightly.

Well it will be easier to judge as the arc continues and we get more information.

10. Default

inb4 the clash of magic between Acnologia and Fairy Tail + spell from misterious girl collapsed the fabric of space and time creating a singularity that warpped then 7 years into the Future.

Fairys;Gate

xD

11. Default

Having some crazy magic performed on you while you're being attacked by the black dragon of destruction isn't something that can be taken lightly either, plot-wise.
    Let's see how this goes.

12. Default

Jellal better not be old. I haven't seen him appear in ages...

13. Default

Well they were clearly saved by that "light" that was talking to igneel whatever so chapters ago, and igneel told it to leave the humans alone. Although what really annoys me about this manga is you don't actually see any character progression. Like, fight after fight, they are pushed to exhaustion, then out of no where wins fights on empty.

14. Default

Lol. That "light" was an ability of Grandine, Wendys dragon. I seriously doubt Grandine had anything to do with this.

15. Default

Ah missed that, then I'm sure they'll come out with some blowheart "The island of fairytale protected them" or something.

16. Default

It's clearly friendship no jutsu combined with fairy dust. That seems to be the common theme for this arc.

17. Default

Well the tree was their source of power, and some fairy was pictured or something, so I figured the island itself probably saved them, not excluding the source being fairydust

...Unrelated note, blade and soul's blademaster has the same "magic" as erza.
    Last edited by KhainiWest; 2011-10-05 at 02:54 PM.

18. Default

Hey kids, I just marathoned Fairy Tail last week and I'm up-to-date. I hope to post in this thread a little more in the future.

Well, I've heard one theory that there's a possibility that it'll be a time travel arc and that they'll need to figure out how to return to the past, just throwing that out there. Or, you know- it really could be a timeskip. Some people really did think that Mashima killed off EVERYONE and decided to restart the series, but I doubt it. Besides, if Lisanna can escape death with stupid excuses with lolshewenttoEdolas, I'm sure they'll be just fine- because nobody dies except Simon in the Tower of Heaven arc.

I can't wait to hear that Jet and Droy were left to be the strongest members in Fairy Tail with everyone gone and thus fought each other for the title of master.

19. Default

So, I finished reading the manga and thought I should come to this thread.

Well, after cleaning up the mess that resulted after my head exploded multiple times, I have thought of 2 things.

1.- Where would Gildarts be? He wasn't at the friendship circle right?
    2.- Maybe they all survived and they just time skipped because nothing interesting happened in those 7 years.