Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [In Progress] Elemental Wands & Staves Petition

1. Default

There is absolutely nothing comparable in the degree of nerf between a new level of clothes coming out and what was done to these weapons, and again the level of cost and effort is also incomparable.

This doesn't fall under the umbrella of mere "changes over time".

2. Default

"They were too lazy to add 5 lines of code" and "they didn't feel that adding 5 lines of code was justified" have the same outcome. It doesn't matter how it actually went down; they've still made their statement. And just because Nexon is bad at class balancing doesn't mean they should just decide to screw the whole thing and implement large damage bonuses for no reason.

I'm merely expressing my opinion on the subject. I am also an AM in possession of both a 103 and a 163 Elemental Staff.

3. Default

@ghostofhalo - 25% damage, it's a minimal boost. And the regular set of mages/elementals, broken? Ha, ha, ha. How would you know if they actually tested it and did comparisons, and the like, to find out that this 'breaks' everything? A .25x multiplier on non-mage weapons, for other jobs? So much for your balance logic.
    Mages are already left out of bossing/far from considered. Making everything else even more stronger than mages, what would the point of mages even be? Their elementals aren't even a factor when there's Elemental Reset available. Every other job can manage to, for example, solo pap in a very short amount of time. Mages, are stuck with taking a while.

Also, "working on". Not everyone gets their event rewards, etc, etc. Masteria had a few mentions here and there. Then there's the whole Alien mess that was around, which ruined the game for many, many, people. It's just plain poor planning.

@PirateMG - That's pretty much the point of this. And, it wouldn't cause more drama. What could cause more drama, things related to hacks such as unpatched D/C hacks, or a 'stupid' bonus? If anything, this would be the opposite of drama. Removing has already caused more drama. All returning it really does is give an 'it's about time', and a few 'omfg nexon rulz'.

@Adramelech - It wouldn't really affect your battlemage unless Nexon did something stupid.

@SaptaZapta - Then why not just make a new set of weapons? People wanted it for elemental reasons, but that's even worse than what they're doing now. It'd literally make Nexon's problem disappear, but make everyone -very- unhappy. As well as, compensation is compensation. Keeping quiet and then forgetting about it is far worse than a simple, I don't know, let's say, set of mesos?
    As for skills, everything need to be reworked. The whole system fails. Everything suddenly replaces everything else, etc, etc. Too many pointless useless skills, and only some are being changed.

@Kabanaw - Compensation is compensation. Requires NX to obtain, I'm sure any (actual) response would make people happy. They have dev blogs and such, they can go more in-depth with things.

@Dusk - Because everyone gets to do criticals now without the ring. Want more crit damage? Make a crit-oriented job. Not good enough? Crit potentials.
    There's your cake, go ahead and eat it.
    Customer Service and demanding explanations is also part of an MMO. Get used to it.

Also, it's not that big of a damage boost, it's only fair, with, you know, 11 weapon attack capes, 20 attack work gloves, and the like. 5+ facestompers, too.

@Satellite - Before BB, it was...Genesis, skelegons, and 'easy' leveling. Their elemental weakness allowed one-shots and 199k's. As well as, they're a -support- class. A support class became the best attacking mage and practically 'best' leveler, even more so with HS. A support class is weak in attacks for a reason.
    Then there's Elemental Reset, which makes everything even/equal. Which already kills the point of basic elements. Otherwise, Bishops are 'stronger' than you'd think.

@SolicShooter - Do we already have the 130-140 weapons? Who said anything about a reverse set? Do we easily get access to them? What's here is here. And Nexon -stated- compensation. Changes are made, but to literally break the point of what it was originally, smooth move there. Literal hundreds of, ifnot a thousand, dollars were used. Did you forget how these things are obtained?
    Again, why should an 'elemental staff' help Battle Mages, dark users, more than the original mages/elements?

And, what? There's the whole 130-140 weapons stuff, but then elementals being the 'best' weapon? At level 163, yes, it is the best weapon, because it's the only real endgame weapon as of now. Otherwise, it's mediocre and can easily be surpassed. Unless you put a lot of time and effort into it, which I believe many people did do. What does level 130-140 armor have to do with 120 armor and compensation?

4. Default

That is your opinion, yes. However, there was no reason to make the changes in the first place. Changing the name of an item is pointless. They essentially made new items by making the changes. As for fair return, that part is easy. Everything in these games are recorded to files that are conected to the player account. So it is easy to see just how much was spent to get the item. Nexon simply does not care about its end user. That is the real issue here. It is things like this that emboldens them. Unless those who are affected and those who view it as unjust stand up and take action, they will continue to take advantage. It is only a matter of time till they do something similar to the other classes. Sooner or later they will do something that affects you and then you will be just as outraged as the mage community is.

5. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

According to dusk's DPM chart, with 180 (to simulate clean 163 ele staves) as the base attack for staff (changing it from 125), AMs are about 6th or 7th in the DPM hierarchy, and this is without bonuses. Quite respectable, but not highly desirable. They'd be 8th-9th with 150 as the base (to simulate 130 ele wands), not so great. So the 25% bonus would (from my calculations) put them in the top 4-5 for sure, but STILL no where near sairs. I say keep the bonus, or at least add a "permanent" 15% bonus to the main element of the wand/stave. This would easily solve the problem.

6. Default

This is the post -Hime- Closed the Ewands topic with:

"This thread is now locked due to the topic turning for the worst.

I understand those who use these weapons are extremely eager to know what will happen now. Many of you also brought up the advantages Battle Mages have now and it is an issue that has been reported. We are working with our developers on what will happen now but it is currently up in the air. Information will be provided when it is available.

Also, please understand the locking of this thread does not conclude the issue as resolved. It is still open but due to the nature this thread has derailed with conspiracy theories and bad behavior, it is locked. Thank you."

I get why she closed it. How ever...
    That part about Battle mages having an advantage? From what I understand end game the Battle mage and other mages DPS is some what similar. The way she said it made it sound like Battle mages should be nerfed.

How can she still not understand that that's not what's important... How can he talk about balancing mages among while other classes have the ability to do 3/4th more damage?
    I get how they want mages to be a weaker attacking class. but there is a difference between weaker and weak...
    \Even if we get that measly 25% back on the weapons... It still leaves us way short(Especially with the damage formula not working correct).

I'm pretty sure we will get the elements back at some point that's what they did in the other clients and what happened when we first got them.

So yeah I signed. :P

Tymen

7. Default

Honestly I don't ever see a way for Nexon to compensate players. X amount of mesos per day you held an eleweapon in your inventory? Tell me how you want to be compensated.

Elewands/staves are final tier items that have high magic attack which is OP imo. Add elemental bonuses to that and it might break mages. With battlemage out, the fast speed on these staves make the class broken.

Yes I disagree the Nexon's bs "working as intended" my ass. I'm surprised they gave a notice too.

Here's a question I don't think I've seen answered or even brought up: What happened to them in JMS?

8. Default

Why not make a Holy Elemental Wand and Staff instead of stealing the bonuses from everyone? That seems like a far better solution than just stealing away player's hard earned bonuses.
    And I have to agree with Eosian, people that make Bishops dont make the class for the damage. They make them for the support ability (and originally genesis for leech, ksing, and fast training).

For the petition for restoring the old explorer ring bonuses, if you want a petition for that, then start one. The Elemental weapon issue was just a major enough issue for many players to stand up and fight for and speed several weeks standing up to nexon, and this is partially because people spend several hundred million on these weapons, and potentially more if they are potentialed or scrolled. I'd say, with that high of a cost these weapons are worth fighting for.

@above: It is confirmed that they kept the bonuses, but I have also heard that they are nerfed bonuses.

9. Default

and I would be totally OK with nerfed bonuses or changes. Its absolute remove of them that's galling. Even if they made them 15% primary 5% secondary that's better than 0/0 and keeps the original point of the weapons.

10. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

1. Compensate, as in implement at least SOME FORM of a bonus, i.e. 10%-15%. This would be quite fair in my eyes. And 20K NX to users with 1+ ele wand 130 seems fair. Why not? They've done similar monetary compensations before, why not now?
    2. How is having high magic attack/attack on final tier items OPed unless the class which uses them has ridiculously higher DPM than the other classes. AMs/Evans/BAMs DO NOT, with or without the 25% bonuses.
    3. The bonuses are still there in JMS. That should tell us something.

11. Event Coordinator Straight Female
    IGN: TaliaNCo
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 193
    Job: Arch Mage (i/l)
    Guild: Animus
    usa

This is just one of the MANY things that will probably never be resolved, but it's worth a shot. We certainly have nothing to lose by trying. People spent a LOT of money and resources to acquire these weapons. It honestly doesn't matter how long ago you acquired the item. I've also heard that the new Mech class is ungodly strong. How is that any different than mages being stronger than they are now? I wish there was a petition for them to actually do something about the mass hackings last year. It's been over a year now and the only thing they do is send automated emails saying, "We haven't forgotten about you." Yeah, right!

12. Default

"We just never cared in the first place"

13. Default

"Except for the contents of your wallet, purse and bank account. We always only cared about those."

14. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Spoiler

Support Class or not, with the current dmg, my Bishop is far from trainable.

15. Default

Then tell nexon to go fix this issue (possibly with a Holy E-Wand). Dont bring down other mages with you.

16. Default

That rather depends on your training style.
    A snowmobile isn't a hummer. You have to drive them both the way they're meant to be driven or trade up for something that suits how you want to cruise.

17. Default

Putting this in Nexon Announcements was kind of mean.
    I'm having problems with the link, error503

18. Default

I had some problems with training my archmage due to being ksed at rextons.
    CL would sometimes hit 2 targets instead of 3 and bb charging was too slow/sometimes cancelled.

I remember the hype for bb when the 30 books were 150+ each before the update but now they're around 20-30 mil in scania.

They should remove the charge up or better yet revamp the adventure mage class similar to evans and make them less copy/paste.

19. Default

Because "Engine of Magical Destruction" was written nowhere in the job description for the Cleric tree.

20. Default

AFAIK, someone calculated that Battle Mages would get a 33% DPM increase, because the Staves are Fast 4. This has just been one of the many points people make to show that removing the normal 25% and 10% bonuses did not provide any balance at all.