Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [In Progress] Elemental Wands & Staves Petition

1. Default

Search is your friend after all. Besides, it's not like Big Bang is a lot of content to work on, right? /sarcasm

There's another rebalance ahead and PvP months down the road. It's not like they can add X effect and assume it will work just the same down the road without breaking the class.

2. Default

I read the title and I was like "what the hell? Nexon is actually going to have a petition?" and then got sorely disappointed like a bunch of other people.

3. Default

Putting it back is five lines of code. Very simple because the framework is all there already. They fixed eleDefault in a weekend after finally admitting it was broken.

4. Default

Why don't we just drop the issue since Nexon already made a statement about the subject and nobody has a good reason they should have the bonus restored anyhow.

5. Default

Because nexon's statement was over a month ago with not a peep since and noone has given a good reason why something that was paid for out the ass was taken away without warning or compensation either.

6. Default

Because I paid money for something and am not able to make use of it.

Just because you don't care doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't.

7. Default

Signed it for the sake of signing it. Nexon's so silly.

8. Default

I'm biased because I don't play my FP and play a BaM now so :-). no thanks

9. Default

I wish to give hundreds of internets for this topic and this post. And it will be good to have this one topic for us to talk about this issue.

But I must admit I was a little disapointed when I noticed it wasnt a nexon announcement, but the attention to the issue is more than appreciated.

10. Default

I thought this was an official announcement. I'm disappointed. I already signed a while back; won't do anything, but whatever.

11. Default

eos: the one true c()ck tease

12. Default

I signed the petition and I dont even play a mage. It is simply irresponsible of a company of this size to not provide the appropriate customer service that other companies of equal or lesser size provide.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

In my opinion, the elemental weapons should stay neutral (and have their names changed o.o).

If mages really need them to be balanced with other classes, it's not the weapons that should be strengthened, it's the skills.
    Balance, to me, means that equally funded characters of different classes should be "equally" powerful. (Obviously not doing the exact same damage, but I think you know what I mean).
    That means an unfunded mage should do just as well as an unfunded warrior, thief, archer, or pirate. If a mage has to have a weapon costing hundreds of millions (or rather, two such weapons, since all mages have two elements) just to even up the starting point (before scrolling and cubing), that's not balance.
    So, if mages are indeed too weak without their ele weapons, buff their skills.

As for those people who've already spent resources for those weapons... not sure how a fair compensation could be worked out. It depends on so many things, mostly how long they've had their weapons. If you've been using your estaff for a year or more, I'd say you got a fair return for your money, and you still have a pretty good weapon (probably. I happen to have a crappy 85 m.att 0 slot ewand1 whose only redeeming quality was the 25% boost it gave my BW). If you just bought it in preparation for BB, though... well... if their value really dropped considerably I guess you deserve some kind of compensation, although I'm not sure how it could be determined.

14. Default

The damage formula changed entirely and the original, already flawed justification for their existence stands even flimsier now. Plenty of equips lose their initial dazzle as updates come out that either change the stats of the equips or change the mechanics of the game. Explorer rings lost their critical damage bonus with this update. Why isn't there a petition to restore that?

You are able to make use of it. It just doesn't do the same thing as it did originally. This is a MMO. Get used to it.

15. Default

Because that statement by Hime was a complete lie, and everyone knows it. They didn't intentionally remove the bonus for balance reasons (You think they give a pomegranate about balance? Go see what mechs are doing), they were too lazy to make the addition to the Korean code, and are still to cheap and irresponsible to actually compensate as they promised to.

16. Default

If you care about that start your own petition about that, but I guarantee not a single player spent even 1/10th the time money and effort on the common-as-candy explorer ring as 70% of AMs did on these, so this is an issue we care about and you can either support us in it, or don't. Telling us you don't agree because it didn't effect you isn't a stance that's going to change how anyone feels about the issue so you may as well save your breath. It's not like you lose anything from people venting in an online petition that's not going to do anything or go anywhere.

17. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Bishops are already weakest of all Magicians. Why make it even less fair?

18. Default

Because they chose to be a supporting/healing class not an aggressive one. Fixing it is no more unfair to them than the weapons were in the first place and they still existed originally.

19. Water

IGN: SolicShooter, SolicSage
    Server: Demethos
    Level: 162
    Job: Captain, BaM
    Guild: FallingStars
    Alliance: Quit MS
    netherlands

This is stupid in my opinion. Elemental weapons are still the best weapons for mages so the nx you spent on it is still well spend . Changes will be made time and time again. You want compensation too because the new lvl 130-140 items outrank your reverse set?