Thread: [KMST] [1.2.364] PVP is here!

1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Doesn't have to be "the archetypical adventurer" to be recognizable. You can't mistake a DK, with zerk and beholder and spear, for anything else. Or a Corsair in his ship. You know what, if they'd had a ninja throwing stars around, I wouldn't much care that I couldn't tell if it's an NL or NW. The fact that they have absolutely no reference to any of the "older" classes is what galls.

Not too surprising, though. Recall that in the Visitor event, all "future maplers" were Cygnus Knights, and the bosses were Aran and Evan? Nexon's opinion of the place of traditional Adventurers is pretty clear. None of them have any chance in this PvP anyway.

2. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Music sounds kinda like circus elevator music to me.

3. Default

Or maybe they used those four because they've arrived at the conclusion that those are the most popular classes? Or maybe, like in any company, the developers have little to no influence on videos like this, and someone in the marketing department thought those four would look best in the video. Naw, must be a conspiracy.
    My advice would be not to over analyze a silly promo video.

By the way, I don't "recall" that all the Visitors were Cygnus Knights since, well, they sure as hell weren't.
    Last I checked, there isn't a Cygnus Knight that uses 2H Axes. Or guns. Or crossbows. Or were called "clerics".
    I also think I would remember an alien with a dragon.
    http://www.southperry.net/showthread...3&prefixid=GMS
    Would you like to say any more utter bullpomegranate?

4. Default

@SaptaZapta: Not even that. Any body with even one ranged skill could beat anybody without one (paladin, warrior, ect.). H'ell, even a level 5 could defeat a range-less (if he could get in (don't you have to be level 30?)) if he had even one skill point in crystal throw by simply going, if he had enough time and patience, "attack, attack, run to edge of you range when he gets close, repeat for hours at a time till a level 5 has defeated a level 200. [insert troll face here]."
    Last edited by Maping; 2011-01-12 at 05:29 PM.

5. Default

@ those pvp vids.... but... too messy thou...

6. Default

That bucc in 2nd video was pwning lol, this seens very fun but still some fixes, hopefully nexonK make this more compatible/balanced.

7. Deluxe Refrigerator Male
    IGN: GlaciaIWolf
    Server: Broa
    Level: 146
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Forte
    Alliance: HighestLevel
    canada

I loled at the aran, dying every 5 seconds. It also seems like DBs still kill everyone in nearly one hit and mechs seem to easily kill people too.

8. Default

From spadow playing pvp:

I wonder how they're going to fix the multiple hitting ability of ranged classes...

9. Default

Examples of PvP exp rewards:
    Spoiler

From what I see, your exp adds up:
    Score EXP (based on your score)
    W/L EXP (based on your win/lose ratio)
    Playtime EXP (I don't know this one)
    Champion EXP (if you're in the top 3)

Also, as you can see, a Knight (WK) got into the top 3 in the first few screenshots.

10. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

If they want PVP to really work they should:

A-Reduce the range a ranged class can hit you (Like half or something) or
    B-Reduce the damage a ranged class do, that way non ranged classes could get a chance to cut the distance.

11. Default

This should depend on how mobile the ranged character is.

12. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Not so much.

Ranged class should take a helluva of a time trying to bring down Close combat classes because they have both Range and Mobility on their side.

But then again DB enter the room and pomegranate gets broken

13. Default

Music of PVP A = CASTLEVANIA MUSIC!!!!

14. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Jesus christ, 1.6m for a 151? Looks like i'm going to enjoy this more than i thought.

15. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

inb4 the nerfing of the exp.

16. Default

I don't think the EXP will be that enormous. It's probably because the EXP you get is affected by server multipliers on EXP. As such, with it being Tespia, the numbers are outrageous.

17. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

But even 1.6m shouldn't make training off PvP better than LHC or normal mobs for a 151, and a number like that could take more or less effort than we think it does. We need more match data to be sure.

18. Default

The experience gained MAY be level-based. If that's the case, that may be the proper allotted experience value. I don't think it'll give 1.6m experience for a win to a level... let's say 30, who happened to be on a team that won.

19. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

1.6m for a lvl 151 for just 1 win is still outrageous. Whats the point of training if Arena would give that kind of Exp O.o.

Well it also depends how much time per round too, but still im with fiel, Tespia = Higher Exp than normal.