Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [KMST] [1.2.364] PVP is here!

1. Default

Likely the only two semi-angry stock character graphics they have. The other ones all have happy faces. And when you're fighting another person, a frowny face works best.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

DB and battle mage look the most badass anyway.

3. Default

Crashing after Dark Fog? And Spadow is throwing a fit because of frequent crashing on Vista/7.

Can't wait to see what'll happen to us when we get it. Oh boy!

4. Default

All they say in every PvP trailer is "I will be the best", "I will become the best" and such things. If I were to give a story behind it, I would say someone (The black mage on a disguise like Dr Willy in megaman 6?) organized a "tournament" in the maple world.

I don't care about the music or story . All I care is if its balanced. No point on going deep on a piece of content if this one is garbage. MS needs PvP, its proabably the only MMORPG out there without it, that's why i want it to work.

5. Default

I've been having the same crash issues that everyone experiences in GMS in KMS ever since Professions came out.

6. Default

For those of you wondering:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/orangeblue-...movie-posters/

This will explain everything.

7. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Skyshooter1
    Server: Alexina
    Level: 981
    Job: Green boy
    Guild: Blasphamy
    canada

Blue inverted is orange.

8. Default

It's actually yellow.

And if anything, I'd say the contrast is so good because it associates with a particular set of colors we can see everyday unless it's cloudy

Spoiler

9. Won't Be Coming Back

canada

You see that all the time in B.C.

10. Default

Even nature is trolling with us...

11. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: lawl
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 89
    Job: Cannon Shooter
    Guild: HeliosTower
    Alliance: Leafre.net
    canada

because they look cooler? @Mapling

12. Won't Be Coming Back

canada

I had orange and blue icecream once. It was orange and blueberry and it tasted epic for icecream! O-O

13. Default

I like this video, if they keep this quality, they can actually make an anime out of this one, which is (way) better then the original Maplestory anime... :)

14. Default

Wait there was a maplestory anime? .... THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!! *Looks up maplestory anime on google* MY EYES!!!!!!!!! IT FEELS LIKE SOMEONE RIPPED MY EYES OUT PUT THEM IN A BUCKET OF DRY ICE AND THEN LIT THAT BUCKET ON FIRE!!!!!!! *Claws eyes out*

OT: This looks nice. I have never been a fan of pvp in mmo's but this looks fun. I hope they get it balanced.

15. Default

I personally love this one: http://www.cracked.com/article_18664...look-same.html

Actually, you're full of pineappleing pomegranate.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=color+wheel
    Anyone who got out of elementary school should know that. Or, ya know, you could test in one second with MS Paint.

The compliment of yellow is purple; the compliment of blue is orange.
    Hell, the comic even says so.

16. Default

Wow the maple story pvp trailer with db, aran , bam , and mech is really well made IMO. Im a little confused about why heros / what ever a dbs class is called , be on a rampage trying to kill the resistance? but in the end its mostly just showing off pvp i guess ... Wouldnt mind getting some cool story about how heros believe that the resistance is really working for the black mage or something but that would be ironic considering they want to kill the black mage as well.

17. Default

I wouldn't count on there being any story involved with PvP.

Even the story you suggested wouldn't work because that would mean that they'd have to make certain classes only fight other classes.
    That'd be needlessly frustrating.

Frankly, I hope there's absolutely no rhyme or reason behind it.
    Ariant PQ didn't have a 'plot'.
    Neither CPQ has one either.
    There should be things in Maple that exist just as something else to do.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

The story is simple. It's only a fight in the same sense as the world Judo championships are fight. You're fighting to defeat, not to death, in order to find out who is "the best", and in order for everyone to hone their skills.
    How better to prepare to fight the Black Mage and his minions than by fighting other Maplers? Monsters, even bosses, are hardly a match for us. But other Maplers...

That said, this needs a lot of balancing and tweaking before the fights can become as, hmmm, interesting, as that trailer. For now, if I understand correctly, it's still just a question of who has the longer range and can hit their attack button first (lag notwithstanding?)

19. Default

Because they liked those 2 I guess, there is no real explanation.

OT: I love the battle themes, the entrance one is kinda... meh, the beggining makes you feel like it's gonna be super epic, but then it like flushes.

20. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

A lot of people were complaining that in the trailer/logging screen image, there is no adventurers. Well, this is probably cause there is no clear character representing Adventurer class. Since Aran came out, it has been otherwise.