Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [KMST] [1.2.361] Level 140 Items

1. Default

The only problem I have with all these new sets of equipment requiring so much secondary stats is the fact that Nexon keeps throwing it all in randomly, some players don't even know what to do.

Warriors for example didn't even need DEX pre-Big Bang except for a little bit for Accuracy if they -chose- to go with DEX. Other stats can add Accuracy as well, so you could pretty much choose which stat you wanted. Then Potential came out and made getting Accuracy for equipment -extremely- easy, in fact Accuracy-potentialed equipment was and is pretty worthless, for a few pennies you could have more than enough Accuracy.

Big Bang comes and makes it to where Accuracy isn't needed whatsoever, so this also makes Warriors not give a crap about secondary stats. Then all of a sudden, ''Oh hey, now we're going to start making the best equipment require DEX, and as much as a Thief as well. Oh sorry we made you think DEX was completely useless, good luck scrounging up the DEX to wear this stuff lulz.''

It would have been better to have always had Warrior equipment requiring DEX, but nope, they had to do things the dumb way.

2. Default

Close, but you couldn't go back far enough.

Way way way WAY back in the days, warriors aimed for higher DEX because DEX added to damage and accuracy. More accuracy was better. Then the accuracy formula was learned from a JMS website. Then Warriors went for as low dex as they could. First it was 80 base DEX was good. Then 60, then 40, then 20, then 4 as all the new ACC equipment came out.

So we've gone from high (Beta) to low (ACC formula learned) to high (OMG STONETOOTH) to low (dark scrolls) to not needed (BB) to high (level 140 items).

One thing has been true about this, though. Nexon is doing their best to make secondary stats better. And thank the lord for that.

3. Default

I wouldn't say ''best''.

4. Default

I'm a strengthless wild hunter and I gotta say, I don't mind the change. In fact, i appluad KMS for making them have high secondary stat.

I'm still not raising my strength though.Why? Well for several reasons.

1) My VIP xbow is godly. So i lose the extra potential since kms took out the 121 + bonus, but oh well. Its still godly and statless.

2) We have no clue how we are are going to obtain these equips. But I have a bad reason its going to be near impossible like timeless. I like 110 set because i can keep finding them from monster drops, which means they come with potential at times, which means i can keep hunting for 3 lined equips. If these equips are as hard to get as timeless, i can safely say it will take months to get 3 lines on all my equips again.

3) It would cost me too much to recube all the new equips. Not to mention the inevitable blow ups and rages of getting bad potential from cubes, it just seems like a hassle that is not neded. Sure I would bit a tiny more powerful, but really, is that worth the massive trouble?

In all, if people want to get these equips, then more power to them. If not, don't gripe about not being able to equip them, because really its your decision. I've decided to stay statless, what about you? =P

5. Default

They should just make a new stat similar to critical in which the secondary stat has the main role, since big bang pretty much took what ever beneficial effect it had, I mean what effect str has on a bowman and pretty much the same thing goes for mages, pirates and thiefs aside from being 1/4 as good as their main stat?

ETA: Just to clear what I'm trying to say, if they really want to make people stop going statless make the secondary stat useful, unless they think this kind of sets is a reward for going regular stat.

6. Default

This set makes me feel better about my 74 base LUK. Though I wonder how the hell I'm going to get that LUK to 170.

7. Default

Apparently they only drop from Empress Cygnus. ;~;

8. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Now that you talk about it, what happened with that "Change" In the accuracy formula?

9. Default

I'll let you know as soon as they give me an unpacked client.

10. Default

I haven't noticed any real changes in KMS. I think the -5% hit rate might have been lowered a bit, but there hasn't been any real extensive testing done on the subject.

11. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

I thought about this almost two years ago. My idea was that secondary stats could affect stuff like increased critical hit rate, % damage reduction, and even contribute towards a flat dodge/block rate on top of whatever avoidability/skills like thieves' Fake gives you. Choose damage, or choose overall versatility.

(On a side note, after Big Bang, I don't get why archers don't get more magic avoid. Aren't we supposed to see that ranged magical crap coming at us? Nexon gives us close to three times as much physical avoid instead, which seems kinda backwards.)

12. Default

Oh, hell, f'ucking, no. Just because a bunch of frozen idiots use Polearms doesn't mean Polearms should be taken away from DK's.

13. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

I say having 2 differents avoid its kinda... Stupid?

I understand having Magic and Weapon Defense, but Magic and weapon avoid? I mean if i see a iron/wood arrow i avoid it moving to a side, if i see a magical flaming arrow then i move to the side too! unless its a Heat seeker magical arrow or something O.o.

14. Default

*sigh* So it is true. x_x

15. Default

Nexon would have to give us a complete AP reset for this.

Well, not have to, but I imagine a load of angry people complaining otherwise.

16. Default

Eh, it's just the fact that Dex doesn't contribute to magic avoid... My archer only gets it from the scant INT and LUCK from equipment and from Focus itself. >.< Why no Magic avoid, DEX, WHYYY?! >:U

I honestly don't mind adding to my secondary stat if I get to use cool equips, but odds are I'll never reach those levels or the rich-ness needed to get dem equips :U

17. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Well the rumors said Cygnus Empress drop these or drop the certain item to make these so its gonna be hard as hell, Considering she knock out PB out of his Badass throne.

18. Default

Kay I'm confused. Do the set bonuses get compounded? So if you have 2 items from the set you get the bonus from having 1 item and 2 items?

to make it clearer. Spadow says these are the effects.
    - 2 set effect: +300 physical and magic defense, +200 accuracy and avoidability
    - 3 set effect: +15&#37; MaxHP and MaxMP
    - 4 set effect: +15 weapon attack and a reduction in duration of all abnormal statuses
    - 5 set effect: +15 allstat and all skill levels +2
    - 6 set effect: +30 weapon attack and +30% damage against bosses

So if I have 6 items I get 45 attack, +30% damage against bosses, 15 in all stats, skill level +2, +15% hp and mp, +300 physical and magic defense, +200 accuracy and avoidability, and status resistence?

19. Default

Yes