III. Weapons and Armor
    IV. Getting Your Jaguar
    V. First Job Skills
    VI. Second Job Skills
    VII. Third Job Skills
    VIII. Fourth Job
    IX. Credits

I. Intro

Since there isn’t really a guide on SP yet, here is a guide. Anyone can feel free to post this elsewhere, but please cite this topic.

II. AP Build

Wild Hunters are basically glorified Snipers; therefore, your STR = Level, and the rest goes into DEX.

This guide will not go into blood builds and washing, go elsewhere for that.

III. Weapons and Armor

Wild Hunter skills can ONLY be used with crossbows equipped. All other equips are normal archer equips.

IV. Getting Your Jaguar

After advancing at level 10, you’ll receive a quest to capture a Jaguar using your new Trap skill (in the Citizen tab). Talk to the job instructor’s jaguar to go to a map full of them. Weaken one to less than 50% HP, then use your Trap skill. Congratulations, you just caught your first Jaguar!

V. First Job Skills

Spoiler

Alternate Build
    Spoiler

VI. Second Job Skills

Spoiler

Swallow/Jaguar-oshi Mechanics and Buff List
    Spoiler

VII. Third Job Skills

Spoiler

VIII. Fourth Job

As with all Fourth Jobs, your SP distribution can be confusing. However, consider the following:

Bossing
    Spoiler

Training
    Spoiler

IX. Credits

Dusk’s Big Bang Resistance Skill Tables were a big help.
    People who caught mistakes: thanks! :D

X. Fun Links!

The Cheery Wild Hunter Guide (by spiritofsky2, credit to ShadowTrainer for link); Includes training advice and general build/leveling tips.

Last edited by Sinnuendo; 2010-12-21 at 05:15 PM.

2. Water
    IGN: TheLolSniper
    Server: Windia
    Level: 64
    Job: lolbolts
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: Unity

./reserve

3. Default

Big 'no' right there.
    For crossbows, it's STR = Level.

4. Water

Oh god, thanks for catching that.

Fixed. Probably shouldn't ever do a guide at 2 in the morning again. >_>

If anyone sees more mistakes, please post them so I can fix them.

I'll do links tomorrow for job advancements and some advanced topics that I don't want to write guides about.

5. Default

Why would you max Sharp Eyes before touching Wild Shot or Expertise? You never did that as a Bowmaster pre-BB and you certainly wouldn't do it now since SE has been incredibly nerfed.

6. Water

I was under the impression that SE was -always- maxed first.

edit: From what I had heard other people doing pre-Big Bang anyway.

I guess I'll redo the 4th job builds tomorrow, too tired right now. I see your point though, Vulcan and Expertise would be better choices now. @_@

7. Default

If by "squeeze as much as possible out of both skills" you mean your character as weak as possible, I agree.

8. Default

That was pre BB due to how baller SE worked for bossing parties of appled nightlords and bowmasters. Now it doesn't really matter that much, but a decent level like level 9 or 19(?) can do some good for timer/partial bossing. For self damage, vulcan and expertise do WAY more for the self than SE could accomplish.

9. Default

You're missing a level 55, but all that really does is add 3 points to Mine, so no big worry.

Edit: Also, other guides I've seen (for resistance classes in general) have had 3 SP at 2nd and 3rd job advancement, but I can't really confirm that myself.

10. Default

Wouldn't it make more sense to just max Riding Mastery then Crossroads? I don't think splitting your SP points upon level-up between two skills is even advisable.

This link from Ellin Forest looks pretty reliable for Wild Hunter builds. No 4th job information though.

11. Water

Good point, like I said, made this at 2 AM, probably wasn't thinking as much as I could have been. Fixing.

@ Lerk: I think they do get 3 SP, not sure. I think Battlemages do, I'll go ahead and revise.

@ Arbalist: Not sure about Blind's usefulness now, but since Wild Shot can be replaced as soon as you hit 4th, I'd rather max Blind.

12. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

All Resistance jobs do get 3SP at every advancement.

13. Default

At first, I was glad to see a guide up and wanted to use it for my Wild Hunter.
    But then I read the posts and apparently there are a lot of mistakes and misunderstandings. There are too many to dismiss as being tired.

If you're not going to do it right, go to sleep and write a good one in the morning.
    I'll stick to the Ellin Forest one. Thanks for posting it Shadow.

14. Default

Soul Arrow ASAP. I cannot fathom why you pushed it back so far- I hate carrying around arrows.

I really only used that explosive arrow for 2nd job training. Not sure what the name translated to. Everything else was just there to keep me entertained.

15. Default

I don't agree with the 1st job build, but it doesn't really matter much either way. This is how I'd do it.

10: 1 Triple Shot, 1 Jaguar Riding, 3 Booster
    11: 6 Booster
    12: 1 Double Jump, 2 Triple Shot
    Max Triple Shot
    Max Jaguar Riding
    Max Double Jump
    Max Booster

You want to get Booster immediately because it's the biggest damage boost you can get for your SP. Triple Shot is next, then Jaguar Riding. You don't really need the HP so early on and the crit rate boost doesn't do as much for you as Triple Shot and Booster.

16. Default

umm really dumb question, but how do you double jump on the jaguar? It won't let me assign a key...

EDIT: NVM it's just double tapping the jump key >.>

17. Default

Double tap an arrow or jump key, if memory serves.

18. Default

*cough* Don't we have a guide section.