Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Wild Hunter] The Wild Hunter Compendium

1. Default

Yeah as much as I'd like to think Mines is helpful it really isn't. The bombs usually blow up way to soon for anything to spawn near them in time, the only time it really works is when something doesn't get 1 hitted by Ricochet and gets stunned right near a bomb. It's not even worth it at all because most maps I'm at I am 1 hitting.

2. Default Veracruxis Build

I might as well post the build I did/doing.

First Job
    Spoiler

There's no need to explain the build in first job is there?

Second Job
    Spoiler

At second job, here is where you can take any route you want after you have maxed Mastery and Ricochet, I went for Oshi immediately for the buffs and nice 800% damage. However what I didn't plan on doing was to train at Malaysia at level 50 which made Oshi moot since you can't swallow monsters there. If I were to redo the build I would take Final Attack after Ricochet so it will be Ricochet > Final Attack > Jaguar Rawr > Jaguar-Oshi > Soul Arrow > It's Raining Mines. Also since I'll be staying at Malaysia and NLC Mansion, until 80 I won't get to use Jaguar-Oshi in training.

There was two points on Soul Arrow at 31 just so I won't have to bother buying crossbows, it's up to you whether to take that or not. 1 point on Jaguar-Oshi so that the effect lasts as long as the cooldown and 1 point in Mastery at that level won't make much of a difference.

Mines has no purpose IMO so I'm just going to leave that until the end. Besides what are you going to sacrifice just to get Mines? Soul Arrow? I'd rather have the longer duration of Soul Arrow than have a skill I won't use besides messing around.

Third Job
    Spoiler

Enduring Fire last because 1v1 training sucks. One point in that at 70 is enough to do your bossing well until you get WH Hurricane at 120.
    Last edited by Shadow Trainer; 2010-12-22 at 04:28 AM.

3. Default

I would say for the first job, get double jump at the very last. I used booster more than I used double jump.

4. Default

Double jump let me scale the Golem Temple Mini Dungeon faster. It allowed me to train more efficiently. Booster on the other hand, I left it at 6 and 60 seconds a booster was more than enough to 30.

5. Default

jaguar roar needs 1 point with the first couple of points. it rushes stuff AND stuns, so it makes for easier mobbing and training. Just my 2 cents.

6. Default

Personally, I really enjoy mine at C-2. The time I miss out on on soul arrow and whatnot isn't really being missed for the time gained on the mines.

7. Water
    IGN: TheLolSniper
    Server: Windia
    Level: 64
    Job: lolbolts
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: Unity

I personally find that Jaguar Roar is kind of awful since it's 1. MUCH slower than Ricochet and 2. deals 80% less damage. It's nice for maps with wierd terrain or monsters that are shorter than Ricochet's range (I swear it's worse than IA on Snails), but other than that I don't really use it.

I still need to update skill names, I'll probably do that tonight.

@ Cactuar: I know that Mine has its uses, but Ricochet is just quicker and dirtier for leveling in general.

8. Default

Obviously. I'm saying that Mine is better than pretty much every other skill you get aside from Mastery, Richo and I think one other.

9. Deluxe Refrigerator Male
    IGN: GlaciaIWolf
    Server: Broa
    Level: 146
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Forte
    Alliance: HighestLevel
    canada

Rawr is absolutely amazing. The equavalent of PKB except with a stun rate. I use it all the time to make mobs nice and big to ricochet. Level 1 won't hurt at all.

10. Proton
    IGN: AshesofJaira
    Server: Bera
    Level: 14x
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: BlackTower
    Alliance: Bosshunter/Repulsive
    usa

I agree, Rawr is very useful. Using it in CPQ, I could KB a group of four-five Rombots together fresh for the Ricochet-ing, instead of dealing with a group of two and three. Yeah, the slowness is the abosolutely worst part. Half the time I press the skill button, it doesn't cast before I hit a button to move, which cancels the skill press. Unlike the xbow skills, I suspect you can't be moving to use Rawr.

11. Default

ricochet is annoying in that it's pretty slow to fire. And when the hunter is mounted, stuff directly under your shot that is shorter than you can't be hit and it's pretty annoying to run back and shoot especially when they're aggro'd. So i just use Roar (i refuse to call it rawr) to finish off the minuscule stuff. That's about the only thing i dislike about the hunter at the moment. It may be able to fire while waking, but it fires slow while you run fast = run into stuff that is supposed to have died already.

12. Default

Slow to fire? oO Mounted on the jaguar and with Booster it shoots like a freaking minigun. ..

13. Won't Be Coming Back Gay Male

IGN: Scofflaw
    Server: Cain
    Level: 70
    Job: Wrecking Ball
    Guild: Factory
    canada

Just put a point in Mines and im really like impressed people are not maxing it. Its basically extra damage o.0 You walk around killing stuff and mines drops and its awesome.

14. Default

*not from experience as I haven't reached this point*

From what I've read and watched, it seems like you clear out platforms as you go and drop mines behind you. The mines explode before the mobs respawn, so there's no advantage to having the skill (other then the occasional mob that will run into a dropped one).

If you can find a way to use it effectively, then great. I still think it just depends on your personal preference for maxing Mines or Soul Arrow. I'll probably just set SA to match up with booster and put points into everything else (including Mines) up until I have to decide which one I want to max.

15. Water
    IGN: TheLolSniper
    Level: 64
    Job: lolbolts
    Alliance: Unity

I've never found Rico to be slow. It's definitely slower than IA, and the range is annoying in some maps (White Fangs, all three kinds of Teddies, etc), but it's just a much better skill than Roar IMO. I do use Roar sometimes though.

I personally prefer Swallow for the buff (and hitting 9k crits when I'm bored).

16. Default

Swallow is useful, all buffs are except the MP one. I use it constantly. Maxing Soul Arrow is an annoyance remover, all the way till level 200.

What is the point of Rawr? Why use a skill which stops your movement, while you can also spam Ricochet while running around like a Spitfire?

What reason is there not to use Mines? It's a buff, so it's a one time cast. Every damage done is practically free, so why not max it? If it's between Rawr and Mines, Mines definitely is the most 'useful' one.

17. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

I definitely found myself using Mines more than Rawr, but I maxed Rawr anyway (kinda regret it but oh well, won't kill me). I kind of hate the timing on the bomb-dropping, though, because either mobs move away from it or they don't respawn soon enough. But you do no work for it except buff. I like it.

18. Default

In regards to the Mine vs Jaguar Roar debate, it really doesnt matter much.

I'd recommend you get lvl 13 of both and lvl 7 SA, and play around to see which one you use more. On a map like jesters, the extra damage from mines is great, other maps, not so great. So test it out before you decide and theres really no right or wrong build.

19. Default

hey! new here, but i am stuck at lvl 120 not able to kill the boss for 4th job advance.
    can anyone help me with that? its dealing 8k damage on me ........

thanks in advance

20. Default

Roar is useful fore creating mobs in my opinion. I use it at Jesters a lot since it stuns as well. I never had use for mines and jaguar oshi though. They both seem completely useless in training imo.

Also for third job, do you really need silver hawk? Half the attacking skills in your arsenal stun, and hawk probably does minimal single (?) damage anyways.

Edit: If it matters, I'm level 82.