Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Wild Hunter] The Wild Hunter Compendium

1. Default

Jagaur Riding is more then just a speed boost if you didn't know, it adds crits and makes your damage pretty insane even with level 1 Triple Shot. His 1rst job build is excellent. 2nd, i'm not sure if only level 1 Ricochet is a good idea for such a long time ><

2. Default

Why would you max Jaguar first if you get the exact same boost in damage by having level 6 Triple Shot? Crits are pomegranate, and there's a reason Archers don't max it first. He even already stated that you get Triple Shot and Booster first because Critical Rate isn't good.

3. Default

You only need level 1 Jaguar Riding for the 60&#37; speed boost. Crit chance is crap without skills that boost crit damage. A 100% crit chance boosts your damage by about a third. Jaguar Riding only has +40% crit chance. You're much better off taking Triple Shot for the +19x3% damage.

4. Default

I don't think you understand. It raises crits, gives very good speed, and goes well with a 1rst job flash jump. Sometimes mobility owns damage, and in this case we get both. I'd go Jagaur first anyday. Not like it matters because it'll all be maxed at 30 and this class takes about 2hours to get there..

5. Default

Do you need maxed Jaguar to use Double Jump? Do you need maxed Jaguar to use its speed? How the hell does this improve your mobility from level 1 to level 15?

6. Default

Stop being so uptight. I'm not saying my build is the best, i'm saying it's the funnest and most mobile. Chill your tits.

7. Default

But it's not.

8. Default

Lv. 1 Jaguar Riding: MP Cost: 20, Max HP: +12&#37;, Crit Rate: +12%, Avoidability+ 10, Movement Speed: +60
    Lv. 20 Jaguar Riding: MP Cost: 20, Max HP: +40%, Crit Rate: +40%, Avoidability+ 150, Movement Speed: +60

The only thing you get for maxing Jaguar Riding is +28% crit rate, +28% HP, and some lousy avoid which does nothing. The HP doesn't do you much good so early on and the crit rate isn't as good as the damage from Triple Shot.

9. Default

I did 1 Triple Shot, Max Jaguar. I killed everything my level in 1 or 2 shots. After I maxed Triple Shot, I still killed everything my level in 1 or 2 shots. I don't see the issue here.

10. Water
    IGN: TheLolSniper
    Server: Windia
    Level: 64
    Job: lolbolts
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: Unity

This. It took me about two hours to hit 30 with my build, and then I never used Triple Shot again.

I understand that damage = exp at lower (and pretty much all) levels, but I think it's a bit ridiculous that you guys are debating the intricate details of min-maxing a first job character. I'll add in an alternate build for TS first.

You'll notice that there is 2 Soul Arrow at level 37. 60 seconds is plenty; I went nearly 30 levels on my Sniper with 60-second SA and it was only a minor inconvienence.

I found that Swallow actually provides some very nice buffs, so I maxed it after Mastery and Ricochet. It doesn't work on all monsters in GMS (Singapore, NLC), but at the ones that it does, it gives some nice bonuses. I'm working on SA right now to go on and get it out of the way, then I'll max Final Attack.

11. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Soul Arrow does not, and I will even say, should not be maxed. It should be at a level where its time is the same length as booster. This will allow for some points to be used elsewhere, as well as even timing for recasts of buffs (at least the main buffs of Booster and Soul Arrow).

12. Water

I do not agree, because Mine is complete crap orsoiherd. The only skill you can dump those extra points into is Mine, and crippling Soul Arrow (even if it's just the timer) is not worth getting more Mine.

By the way, to get even timers, you would take 3 out of SA. You would not be able to max Mine with 3 points.

13. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    California

The fact that SA lasts a whole 100 seconds longer than Booster is enough to dump those 3 points. Your dont lose anything doing it either, you only gain, no matter how insignificant that gain is.

14. Default

When you gain absolute nothing, I believe the purpose is lost. Mine is crap, and should only be put on keyboard for the few lols you can get out of it.

15. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    California

With the possibility that the mines can damage/kill mobs that spawn behind you as you circulate a map, its well worth it, as it increases training, maybe not in higher levels, but it does.

16. Water

While this may be true, Ricochet is strong enough to destroy pretty much everything in one or two shots. Easiest (and probably quickest) way to train is to establish a path around your map, then follow that path while holding your Rico key down.

You would probably be wasting your time by dropping mines. Also, you would waste the explosion proc if you just so happened to be on the plat that you dropped the Mine on and killed everything before it could proc.

Edit: You can take from SA if you want, but I don't see how you would be gaining anything.

17. Default

If you wanted Mines, an alternative would be is to leave Rawr at level 13. 202&#37; damage versus 230% damage when the point of using it is to knock back and stun. I can't comment on the utility of using mines as of yet, I'm only 49 at the time of this post but in paper it looks useless unless that does DoT.

18. Default

I think it depends on your personal training preference. If you like using the macro and rebuffing both at the same time, then you don't have much of a reason to max it.

19. Default

True, the only other buffs that last 300 seconds for Wild Hunters is SE and Maple Warrior. I really don't see the reason to max Mines though.

And you should fix the skill names into what they are now for third job. It adds less confusion.
    Last edited by Shadow Trainer; 2010-12-22 at 03:31 AM.