Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

That's rather the point of asking them to make sure they have valid email addresses, isn't it?

Doesn't do any good to send it out without warning to addresses that can't receive anything.

If it's valid why would you have to change it?
    And if it's not valid, why did you set your email to an invalid email in the first place?

2. Default

Welcome back!

3. Default

Don't throw me away, I'm not dead... ._.

4. Default

1. Did anyone get this message, or only to those who's email address is invalid?

2. My email address is valid, do I need to update it again to the same email adress?

3. How do you (EOS) check if an email address is valid? Do you send mails and bounce = invalid? Or do we have to reply to a mail you're going to send to us (verification mail)? :)

5. Default

Everyone will be sent a validation email.
    Anyone unable to follow the instructions in the email will be unable to use their account.

6. Default

Oh I see.
    I better log on my e-mail then to make sure it's not deacivated by the provider... Shows how much I actually use e-mail... :/

7. Default

When will you be sending these validation emails? Do we also get a push message from that on the forum? :)

8. Default

That would rather defeat the purpose of verifying your email is legitimate now wouldn't it?

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

That would depend on how you define "legitimate email".
    Does it have to be frequently read to be legitimate, or is it enough that we do have access to it?

Also, I must admit I'm not sure what you mean by account cleanup. If someone is an active member (posts regularly) but fails to respond to the e-mail, why do they need to be "quarantined"?

10. Default

Because we have no way to validate that their the actual owner of their account.

If someone takes your account but uses it an awful lot do they deserve the benefit of the doubt that it's theirs?

11. Orbital Bee Cannon

But if someone knows my password they can change the e-mail to theirs.

12. Default

Then you should make sure your password is up to date when you make sure your email address is.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon

That's my concern.
    Myquestion is, how does someone's acting on an e-mail sent to an account's e-mail address assure *you* that the account is in the hands of its original/rightful owner?
    And why does it even matter?

14. Default

You're over analyzing.

This is the only part that matters to you:
    Doesn't matter if you understand why or not. Not going to argue with you on why it's being done or how necessary it is.