Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [KMST] [1.2.355] More balancing

1. Default

Some of the skill descriptions in the data tables aren't right, so I wouldn't go all bat-shi't on this just yet.

2. Default

like what stereo pointed out in some thread, paladin after BB is still lol class. That is why they need some buff.

Stereo tested all 3 warrior class and realize paladin isn't that OP after BB. Infact, the craziness of ACA + enrage is making hero a too OP after mechanics.

Hence Nexon decide to cut from brave slash.

Just a side note:
    We the 3 warrior class has been fighting since 4th job out. Paladin is the most lol class. Drk got lol second due to berserk. with aran out, it is worse.

So let hope all these buffing and nerfing can make everyone happy.!

3. Default

I can't quite agree with you there. The main thing about a Hero is the advantage on Neutral territory. I think they should excel in both mobs and 1v1 when neutral and Paladins should have a much higher damage when they are elementally weak. Dark Knights have their advantage by a huge arsenal of skills that enable training virtually anywhere with the most useful party buff in the game.

I came to figure that in terms of bossing, Dark Knights should excel at high defense bosses (Horntail, Pink Bean), Heroes should excel at neutral bosses (Zakum, Papulatus), and Paladins should excel at elementally weak bosses (Anego, Pianus, Black Crow, Bigfoot) This way they all have their own grounds rather than a system of who is generally better at 1v1 DPS. It creates a situation where classes are categorized in a manner where if there is a slot open, the Paladin would get taken instead of the Hero because with this patch, Paladins are better at 1v1 than a Hero even if the boss they are fighting is Horntail (not weak to elements). The same thing happens now (pre-BB) where Heroes (190%) are taken over Paladins (162.5% dual charging).

I'd like to see classes that have unique specialities that should be recognized in different situations (Neutral vs. Elemental, Rage vs. Combat Orders + Threaten, etc.) and not features that seperate a class from another (1v1 vs. mobs).

4. Default

I did update a lot of them. Which ones aren't right?

5. Default

Do you know how many bosses actually have elemental weaknesses? It's like, King Slime, Pianus, and two of Zakum's arms. Long list there. Elemental attacks should be a bonus, not an excuse to nerf a class.

6. Default

pomegranate, I'm sorry. I should have taken into consideration how important Anego, Pianus, Black Crow, and Bigfoot were compared to Raids. How foolish of me.

7. Default

Threaten > Rage
    Combat Orders > Rage

imo anyway.

8. Default

Where is the module located for data tables?
    Thanks again

9. Default

The best boost out of the restructuring for Evans has got to be the Soul Stone buff from the last patch. Now that it can target 5 people, it's probably one of the most useful party buffs at major boss battles. It's basically free wheels every 5/6 minutes. Does anyone know if it can be dispelled?

Illusion is pretty good now, aside from the scaling issues. However, Blaze is their strongest single target attack since it gets the EWand boost (which once again makes Illusion useless). Since I'm lazy, does anyone care to do a comparison DPS between Arch Mages and Evans?

Overall I'm very pleased with the Evan changes, though I agree that there needs to be a few tweaks. I agree with Dusk in that the skills are *too* fast. Not that it's overpowered or anything, it just looks ridiculous having that giant dragon move so quickly. They should lower the speed and scale the damage accordingly. I wouldn't mind having attacking speeds similar to a Dark Knight. I also hope that Blaze will be changed back into a CL-like skill since it was godly for LHC training. Earthquake should get its sexy range back as well.

10. Default

Considering that they are the easiest bosses to train on, yes, they are important. I'm not saying Paladins should be horrible at raid bosses. I'm just saying they and Dark Knights shouldn't have nearly as much DPS compared to Heroes who got the short end in this update.
    My point behind this was that it offers variation to the classes where they each have their own perks instead of "this one is better at 1v1 entirely." The warriors have, up to this point, been a means to fighting in all situations. If a class is limited to a select amount of mobs to excel in, then there is no reason to play "this" class over the other for bossing or training.

11. Default

If BF weren't nerfed to hell it would make for a much more compelling case.

Heroes just don't excel atm. Seems like they are the pallies of old.
    Not like they are really lacking anywhere though, the differences don't seem major unlike how pallies used to be.

12. Default

^Also if any of those bosses existed in KMS, which is the version they focus on when balancing. KMS doesn't make a lot of elementally weak bosses. There are more bosses that are resistant to all elements than bosses that are weak to even one element. Elemental advantage is a rare bonus, and Paladins should not be balanced to be weaker on neutral targets because of that. I think the only legitimate reason to make Paladins weaker than Heroes on neutral targets is the design scheme of Paladins being a defensively oriented class while Heroes are an offensively oriented class.

13. Default

Thanks for mentioning this. When I thought that the unique aspect of Snipe was removed (although already being able to miss is a huge step into that), I was going to call my main dead enough to request a user-name change here. Still I'd like to know how harsh an affect this would have for me. I planned on just using my main casually with a sub-par Casa Crow to hunt area bosses here and there. For someone with a max dmg range of about 3800 now and no real intention of getting further potential stuff, what area bosses could I OKO with this modified snipe? Base Mastery, but no 4th job one. Or if you could point me in the right direction in terms of calculators, base formula adjustments between now and then, and their new HP it'd be appreciated.

14. Default

Priest
    - Holy Attraction - New variable "ar" (15)

ar(15)=15% accuracy, right?

But what's the point to add 15% accuracy to priests/bishops? It'd be better if the skill could give them 15% mastery since their striking power is way too low compared with the other classes.

15. Default

Yeah, it's 15% accuracy. They changed the accuracy formula, so maybe accuracy is actually needed for mages now?

16. Default

For paladin did you forget to add threaten that also reduces pdrate by 30%?
    since both chaos zak and chaos ht both have 50% pdrate threaten works on both of them

so if im not mistaken the calc for paladin should be

Paladins

threaten -30% pdrate
    50*30% =15
    50-15=35

blast -20% pdrate
    35*20%=7
    35-7=28

100-28=72% of raw damage

not counting of course threaten works for all attackers

Paladin
    72% * 1.1925 = 85.86%

Hero
    70% * 1.0175 = 71.225%

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Link to where Stereo said this? I'd like to see the maths on why Paladins aren't Pwn-adins as they are hyped to be.

18. Default

I haven't said exactly that, but they are still very weak on neutral stuff compared to Heroes (Brave Slash does almost the same damage to 3 targets that Blast can to 1 target) It's about 26% stronger with Holy, 20% stronger with Fire, 11% stronger with Ice, 8% stronger with Lightning weak mobs, factoring in everything except ignore wdef.

The ignore wdef is still in need of testing, eg. how Threaten + Blast's inherent 20% stack. If I'd had ACB on Tespia it would have been fairly easy to test - but damage ranges were so big that it would be tricky to check that 5% vs. 4.4% wdef decrease. From what I did on my Hero, it seemed like it was a chance to ignore all wdef - so it was 10% @ 60%, 0% @ 40%.

Anyway, you only need 1 Paladin at a boss to Threaten and then every class gets it. It won't help DrKs, but it should help Heroes (70% or 58% reduction in def depending how it stacks)

So then you need to look into party composition - is it better to bring 1 Paladin and 4 Heroes, or 5 Paladins, or 5 Heroes, etc.

Am I right in thinking Anego's the only Holy-weak boss with more than 100k hp? Or have they added another? I mean, if it's a question of Scarlion and Pianus, then you should compare using Fire weakness if anything. BF and Anego have taken pretty hefty nerfs.

19. Default

http://www.southperry.net/showthread...l=1#post590854

I'm guessing it's related to the bug Fiel mentioned about why it didn't show up in one of the other threads.