Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
  1. Default

Combo tempest is just for monsters with an annoyingly high amount of hp.

2. Default

Okay, to everyone maxing Cleaving Attack....

You're a moron. It reduces your mobbing damage 50%, while reducing PPDF rate by 20%, which is only good for 1 vs 1 bossing. Also, lol @ zak after you max this garbage. Even the hideously nuked Snow Charge is better than this piece of trash.
    Also, max Body Pressure let's you pin with Overswing AND BP damage. Cue pap crying.

1st job
    20 double
    5 step
    16 booster
    10 smash
    10 combo ability

2nd job
    20 mastery
    20 fefnir
    20 triple
    20 drain
    20 pressure
    20 charge
    1 booster/snow charge

3rd job
    20 full swing
    20 crit
    20 judgement
    20 SKB
    20 recharge
    20 rolling
    20 toss
    11 snow charge/booster

4th job
    1 swift move
    2 hero's will
    max everything else, and if you want, take points out of blow/tempest to max snow charge by the time you get to 16X/17X.

3. Default

No, it increases the amount of damage you do to multiple mobs.

Max Body Pressure is 10 Body Pressure. If you needed the new 20 Body Pressure to pin bosses, no Aran would be able to boss at all in GMS.

4. Default

Same quote I posted before:

5. Default

..What?
    It already decreased before, why would it decrease more?

6. Default

When you hit more targets as an Aran, you get a damage penalty on each target therefore less damage per target per additional target. The damage reduction effect on Cleaving Attack reduces that penalty by 50%, therefore resulting in more damage per target than if you were not to add into Cleaving Attack.

7. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

It kills your combo... Wouldn't it be way better dmg output if you just used 3swing and kept the combo at 100+. I think so... Then you could use judgement instead, which deals way better damage than fenrir.

8. Default

I don't understand what you're trying to say. You say Fenrir shouldn't be used because it kills your combo, and then you say you should use Judgement instead? Judgement doesn't do way better damage than Fenrir. It does 1200%. Fenrir does 1120% before 4th job. No monster should live through that damage to take the DoT unless it's a boss. The whole point of Fenrir is to kill 10 monsters in the 600 range in front of you instantly. Judgement has terrible range.

9. Default

Sorry i don't comprehend, why would you rush 2 points into hero's will? I understand swift move.

10. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

this

11. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

Post not made in direct response to anyone necessarily (save for the person who talked of tempest being only good on high ass HP mobs).

Tempest is also good for people with low damage ranges. (which... in a sense... is like having mobs with higher HP since it takes more swings to kill)

For instance, it's makes great use at skelegons. At 121 I would take out the top row of the mini dungeon which would put me at well over 100 combo. Then i'd take out the 2nd platform which puts me at 200+. Jumped down and activated combo tempest partially while in the air and it activated when I landed. (Combo climbed back up to around 60. Smack all skelegons in 3rd plat from the top and jump down on the left and do a combat step -> basic attack/double swing -> combat step -> etc.. all the way to the right. Use Drain. Exit mini dungeon and re-enter.

In fact, there's a video of this being done. Can't remember where it was posted, but it was a long while back.

Took about a minute and a half? Usually gained about 1%. Which is 40% an hour.

Tempest definitely has it's uses.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Oh, here's a nice restructuring scenario that incorporates tempest. For any who would say just using overswing and keeping up the combo would be better:
    Assuming there's some loop you can follow (like in the post BB ludi map we saw in the aran video) so you don't lose your combo so easily going from mob to mob~

1) gain 30 combo, use drain.
    2) gain 50 combo + combo recharge, use combo barrier (optional)
    3) continue killing mobs until combo recharge becomes available again.
    3.5) Once recharge is back you should be at 200+. If not, get there you shouldn't be far off.
    4) use tempest (15? mobs hit 4 times -> 60 combo, as it currently occurs with tempest)
    5) use combo recharge~
    6) oh hey~ no loss of damage/crit boost from combo and tons of mobs are now ready to be ohko'd
    6.5) steps 5 and 6 can be switched in case you fear losing your combo due to the spacing of the mobs.
    7) use combat step -> jump -> normal attack to reach and kill mobs quickly.
    8) While combo recharge cools down just do OS spams to your liking to kill stuff.

So yeah~
    1 point into tempest very early on can be quite helpful. Let's you do fun stuff like soloing the VPQ bomb room :D

And it may possibly find it's uses in giving your training a partial speed up during the ohko-everything-in-sight phase. However, it is very circumstantial. It obviously wont be useful in all maps.

12. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

Judgement does 1310% or something like that. I didn't say it's lot better, but it also has the freeze and effect of mob getting damaged constantly for certain time. And Range doesn't matter that much, cause we have skills like final charge and combat step. Overswing should now do about as much damage as Fenrir, if not outdamage it...

13. Default

No, Judgement does exactly 1200%. I don't see how that can be unclear. With your reasoning, you shouldn't be using Judgement either since if Overswing out damages Fenrir, and Fenrir out damages Judgement, then Overswing out damages Judgement; however, that's not the case because of the entire mechanic of mob damage reduction for Arans, which is the whole reason Finishers are useful at all. If you've ever used Combo Fenrir, you'd realise that Final Charge and Combat Step can never make up for the amount of range it provides.

14. Default

Good set - up.

15. Default

Have you even tried soloing at ESW as an Aran?

16. Default

Cleaving Attack is a good skill. Why is Snow Charge at 11? Why is Rolling Spin maxed? Why 2 points in Hero's Will? Why would you max Final Blow, a terrible skill for your DPS? How come he goes from 16 booster, to 1 booster, to 11 booster?

17. Default

How is cleaving attack any good? Do you really need extra defence when you have combo drain and high attack?

18. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

If you ever boss, yes it is.

19. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

cleaving attack doesnt give you def lol it ignores def

20. Default

well my bad. Please explain how it helps.