IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

whoaaaaa the combo stayed on so long that when pap came out of hiding and he still had his combos! nice, beginning of vid i thought it was some nub playing it..lol

2. Self-titled badass
    IGN: Gambiarra
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 131
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Century
    Alliance: Foreigners
    usa

I've rammed myself into Zakum more times than I'd like to admit. The problem is not having a high level in Freeze Standing and the Aran habit of spamming the attack key. My whole career as an Aran has been me spamming the attack key, and when I fight a boss that really doesn't change. What changes is that now the monster is most likely not going to move away from me, but they are going to KB me away from them. Being a melee class, Arans have to inch back up to the boss, but by habit we still spam the attack key. On any other class, this is not really a problem since this doesn't ram them into the boss, and since Arans have relatively low HP, we're screwed.

3. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    usa

i always ram into zak body to avoid stuns (: hard to do when i need to use overswing first! and you could always just stop atking for a sec to move bak into spot o.o

4. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Nexon should give arclaives/machlears or purple surfboards to these Tespia guys. It looks bit clumsy with slow weapons imo

5. Default

Try jumping at the boss when you get knocked back rather than walking at it.

6. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

This my build:

1st:
    20 Double Swing
    10 Combo Ability
    15 Combat Step
    16 Polearm Booster

2nd:

20 Triple Swing
    20 Polearm Mastery
    20 Combo Drain
    16 Combo Fenrir
    10 Body Pressure
    18 Final Charge
    18 Snow Charge

3rd:
    20 Full Swing
    20 Combo Critical
    20 Cleaving Attack
    20 Final Toss
    20 Combo Judgement
    20 Smart Knock-back
    11 Combo Recharge
    20 Whirlwind

4th:
    Not sure...

2nd job:
    Combo Fenrir lvl 16 attacks as many monsters as lvl19 fenrir and only ~20% less/hit. Combo Fenrir isn't used that often so the 40% off from dmg wouldn't matter that much in my opinion. In the Snow Charge it's only matter of few seconds and -2 points from movement speed, meh not a big deal in my opinion. Final Charge is used more often, especially when the 3swing requirement is removed. That is why I gave few extra points for Final Charge.

3rd job:
    95% chance to stun and ability to hit 6 enemies 5 times with 95% damage just makes it worth it for me to max Whirlwind.

Then again, about Combo Recharge. how is 100 combo different from 150, because boosts of Aran end after 100? Sure it's 27 seconds longer cooldown than when maxed, but I don't think I would need to use the skill more often than every 57 seconds. It should be easier to get high combos anyways.

Feel free to comment my build.

7. Default

This was changed to level 5 as max level.

Also i think the combo charge skill is important to max due to making you able to recast combo barrier and the likes easier, that's just my opinion tho.

8. Default

Why the hell wouldn't you max Combo Recharge?
    Why did you forget Combo Smash from your first build?
    How come Combat Step is listed as level 15?
    Your 2nd job build has a total of 122 SP. You get 121.

As for suggestions, I say leave Whirlwind at 11. Max Combo Recharge, get 18 Snow Charge and leave Final Charge at 13. (8 monsters compared to 10 monsters, using those points aren't that worth it)

9. Default

I wouldn't say screwed. After BB my NL can survive most stuff the game has to offer, and that should make Arans even more capable. Sure I have washed some, but I doubt I can match Aran HP. They might have to be a few levels higher than some jobs to tackle specific bosses, but hey now, leveling aint all that hard now.

10. Default

I would leave Rolling Spin at Lv1, because melee attacks remove stun anyway. Besides, it does a very good job of racking up combos quickly at Lv1 due to the many hits and low damage.

11. Default

If you have excellent control, I would put 1 point into Toss and run for Crit and Cleave and SKB. That's assuming you are going to kill mobs most of the time and hardly boss. Bossing people would probably drop cleave and skb for recharge.

IMO Judgement is insanely good. If I could I'd just recharge, judgement, and whack until I'm back full in HP. Repeat. Just drink blue pots. (assuming you're going after freezable mobs). I wouldn't even need to juggle anymore. I think I could keep casting judgement before freeze time runs out if the mobs have thick HP. But I prefer juggling because its more fun, and always cool to see mobs bouncing when you throw a couple of wolves at them. And back in MSEA it's great for killing ringers.

*edit* Forgot to say that I'd put 1 point into TS on 2nd job advancement, then 1 into drain and run for mastery first. Stable damage more important than big damage for me. I might put a point into charge too.
    For 4th job, unless I'm an avid bosser, I won't go for CT or Stance. 1 into FB, max OS first then max HM. FB for the convenience. I don't have enough data to do DPS studies for post-BB aran analyses though... FB might be optional for now. *edit*

Hadriel

12. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

Darn, I totally forgot about Combo Barrier and Tempest combo requirement.

Why would you rack up combo when you train? Waste of time in my opinion, when you could just be doing decent damage while getting the combo up. At bosses it also seems waste, it's not that hard to get 100+ combos, not to talk about what it is with combo recharge.

idk... I guess Aran's will still use 2 skills when training ;_;

13. Default

Combo Recharge has a cooldown. Besides, pretty much just 2 Rolling Spins on maximum targets will net 50 combos so if you ever need 200 combos, that's an instant 200 right there.

14. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    usa

max snow charge could be 100% elemental so i would max that, unless its 100% elemental at all lvls

15. Default

2 Whirlwinds on max targets gets you 40 Combo at level 1.

16. Self-titled badass
    usa

I can't really decide which I'd rather leave at level 11, rolling spin or final toss.

17. Default

Which one is rolling spin again? If it's the rush skill then it's more important. If it's that garbage attack that just creates a small tornado around you then it's completely worthless. Final Toss is important because enemies can't attack while they're being launched.

18. Default

Rolling Spin isn't garbage anymore, it now mobs and hits several times without a success rate while stunning them.

19. Self-titled badass
    usa

Rolling spin is the tornado around you but it is no longer really garbage. It no long has a high chance to miss, and it hits 5 times. It is great to build combo, and it also stuns. iirc, its range was also increased. Meanwhile, as far as I know, final toss is still additive damage. By leaving it at all you get +73% launch damage as opposed to +100%. By leaving rolling spin at level 11 you lose 1 monster it can hit, as well as nearly a total of 100% damage, as well as a lower chance to stun. Either skill would be good enough at level 11. I'm just not so sure I'd really use final toss much anymore and I'm pretty sure I'll use rolling spin a lot now since it was buffed up a lot.

20. Default

Unless they've made it easier to trigger then it's still worthless. I've tried using it hundreds of times and only a few ever actually work.