Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Snow Charge's slow is really helpful in training. Not sure about how cutting down on that will affect it, but the fact of the matter is every Aran trains with the equivalent of the new level 10 Body Pressure, and it works fine. After cutting the 10 points from Body Pressure, you're still short another 9, which can be cut out of Snow Charge, or Final Charge.
    I believe the new activation for Final Charge and Final Toss is an effect of learning Swift Move, as Swift Move's description seems to state. So prior to Fourth job, things are very different. This means you can cut points out of Final Charge like pre-Big Bang (8 points so you have level 12 to mob 8 monsters, cut the last point out of Snow Charge?) and be fine for it, and then finish it up just before Fourth Job comes to take advantage of the 10 mob Rush on demand, which is an amazing thing to have. A lot can depend on the style and training maps though. I don't believe there's many situations where more than 8 monsters exist, but it's still something to consider to have. You never know.
    Getting more Final Charge does cut out of Whirlwind though. Combine Final Toss with some Whirlwind if you have the skill to combo it in midair and you're doing some ridiculous damage, now that I consider that, because you'd have 195%x5 with the mid-air bonus if you somehow manage to max it.

So, my final input is
    2nd:
    20 Triple Swing
    20 Polearm Mastery
    20 Combo Drain
    20 Combo Fenrir
    10 Body Pressure
    12 Final Charge
    19 Snow Charge
    3rd:
    20 Full Swing
    20 Combo Critical
    20 Cleaving Attack
    20 Final Toss
    20 Combo Judgement
    20 Smart Knock-back
    20 Combo Recharge
    11 Whirlwind

I'm torn on how to feel about Combo Judgement. It scales really terribly, relying on the Damage over Time to make points worthwhile; i.e. in practical training, it is used like how Fenrir is used now. To immediately kill a group of monsters, or damage them so significantly that you can just walk through them with an Full/Over Swing. 1010% vs 1200% is not a big difference at all, especially compared to Fenrir's 1100%. There shouldn't be time for you to wait 10 seconds for them to take 2000% of DoT. But against bosses, 2000% total damage worth in DoT is use that Whirlwind will never see. Much more significant than actual Tempest's net damage, but if you can get a maxed Tempest up while the DoT is active, it's most effective; assuming using Combo Finishers is a damage improvement against bosses now. Pre-Big Bang, this was most definitely not the case, but post Big-Bang, and post-Restructure, it may be. Don't really care enough to run the numbers right now though, because it's complex.
    I'm also appalled that Cleaving Attack is 20 points worth of passive garbage.

2. Default

Dragon Blink doesn't seem at all random but that theres set points on the map where it can teleport too. But in which order they go into is random. Looks like flame wheel and earthquake haven't lost their power even with the gained speed, yeah granted it IS on fire weak monsters but never the less impressive.

3. Default

Imagine blinking in ht.. right at the tail.

4. Default

Why is that so? o.O

WDEF negate sounds good to me.

If I translated it correctly, it should also reduce the damage penalty per mob when mobbing...which is good, isn't it?

5. Default

Plenty of situations once you start hitting Pirates and Ludi. They've changed the spawns around so much, its a little ridiculous. Dragon Turtles are mobby as all heck. A 10 mob rush will be quite a help.

6. Default

20 Points is a lot though. When you consider how, and why, and the way it scales, 20 points is just an excuse to make things harder than they should be. You get 2% less reduction per point, and 1% Ignore Defense per point. Plenty of other jobs have 10 point passives that do more than this. All this skill is doing is introducing something you need and making it so you can't have something else you need.

7. Default

Ah, so your point is that it's SP-inefficient. I'll have to agree on that.

They should reduce it...

8. Default

It teleports you to a random spot in the map.

It never teleports you to an empty space or where there is a monster aparently.

9. Deluxe Refrigerator Male
    IGN: GlaciaIWolf
    Server: Broa
    Level: 146
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Forte
    Alliance: HighestLevel
    canada

I think it's random map teleport. Sort of like how you have tele-portals in towns, except Evans can do it in any map they want. It's also seems to be a random teleport location chosen from pre-set locations in a map.

EDIT: ninja'd

10. Default

I'm in love with the dual blade updates after seeing this....

11. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

my build is:
    2nd:
    20 Triple Swing
    20 Polearm Mastery
    20 Combo Drain
    10 Combo Fenrir
    20 Body Pressure
    20 Final Charge
    20 Snow Charge
    3rd:
    20 Full Swing
    20 Combo Critical
    20 Cleaving Attack
    20 Final Toss
    12 Combo Judgement
    20 Smart Knock-back
    20 Combo Recharge
    10 Whirlwind

12. Default

I just love Fenrir to death too much to drop points out of it, especially because of Overswing's passive and its insane range making it worthwhile. It's a much better training skill than Judgement in my opinion. I also just can't agree with adding more than 10 to Body Pressure.

13. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    usa

well i could always not max whirlwind or judgemnt to max fenrir, and max body pressure works great to bosses, tanking them helps kb mobile bosses, and besides, its not like im gonna be using fenrir to boss lol training yea buttt everything still gonna die too fast

14. Default

The problem with maxed Body Pressure is that 10 Body Pressure is the same as what GMS has right now, except it does more damage. You don't add Body Pressure for the touch damage, and the activation is perfectly acceptable at 40%.

15. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    usa

i play differently, more dmg is always welcome for me, tank and spam os is the way to go here

16. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Definedly loving new Aran, why? Because it's no longer "spam 2 skills" class. And he still doesn't have that ice bear skill there.

@dual blade

Don't know about DMG, but only using 1 skill over and over is boring to me.

17. Default

Woa, only 5k range but so awesome...

18. Default

Actually, Arans got nerfed DPM Wise. Our Snow Charge is gone.

In BB Aran was one of the weakest job DPM wise and even after that patch, our dpm still is the worsest ( all classes have more DPM expect Bishops)

Actually if snow charges become 50% than we are balanced

19. Neon Atom

IGN: rattboy
    Server: windia
    Level: 148
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Virtual
    Alliance: Sanctum

I think if cleaving attack adds 50% to mob damage and ignores 20% of defense of monsters then actually dpm on mobs definately went waaay up ... but since dpm would only matter on boss type monsters such as the ones found in lionheart castle ... this wont really affect bossing dpm all that much ... then again some bosses have ice resist and you cant use snow charge on them ... so actually we still end up better due to the defense ignore in the end. Only area dpm is lost is the none ice strong bosses... but still these %s are all in tespia and therefore could change easily.

unless the 50% is something else ... god really need a good translation of atleast the new skills ... waits for spadow to do it properly, somewhere easily found.