Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Default

Imagine how lost new players are going to be in the coming months though? We'll have had 3 restructures in the span of ~13 months by the time this hits GMS.

It's getting to the point where I feel like they'd be best off just finishing up the Black Magician's story and then focusing on Maple Story 2 where they can use all they've learned to get it right from the start.

2. Default

Correct em if I am wrong, but the technical readout indicates to me that Blessing of the Onyx is now Smart buff?

3. Default

Not sure if want at that no cooldown on ship. I mean it boost DPM but I really like RF and now I won't have any reason to use it.

4. Default

DoT = Damage over Time

Basically it's saying that the skill freezes mobs to the bone causing them to slip slowly into unconsciousness, then death.

Setting combo count to 150, that's the pay-off. For sacrificing a large amount of HP and MP to cast the skill it will set your combo count immediately up to 150, this way you can have your maximum combo damage bonus, but it will also bring you much closer to being able to cast the ''larger'' Aran skills that require 200 combo.

5. Default

I did translations for Aran skills for a guildie, thought I might as well post em here for you guys. They ARE NOT 100% accurate, but they should be close enough.

1st job
    Combo Smash - moved to 1st job - 450% damage, 450 range, 6 target, 15 counters
    Combat Step - lowered to level 5 max
    Double Swing - damage increased to 220%
    Combo Ability - every 10 counters, 2 attack, 20 wdef, 20 mdef, 2 movement speed, stacks 10 times

2nd job
    Combo Fenrir - moved to 2nd job - 560% damage, 600% range, 10 target, 2 hits, 50 counters
    Triple Swing - increased to 370% damage
    Final Charge - max level cap lowered to 20 SP, range increased to 320%
    Snow Charge - moved to 2nd job - 33 MP, 100% damage, 200 seconds, -40 mob speed for 20 seconds
    Body Pressure - lowered to 0 MP cost, 200 seconds, 300% contact damage, 60% contact damage seal

3rd job
    Combo Judgement - 80 counters, 1200% damage,10 target, 200% DoT damage per second for 10 seconds, 250% range [up + down + basic attack] to use
    Full Swing Double - increased to 205% damage
    Full Swing Triple - increased to 540% damage
    Full Swing - 60% damage increase on Combo Smash
    Final Cross - 300% damage, maxed level lowered to 20 SP
    Rolling Spin - 6 target, 5 hit, 95% damage, 3 sec stun, 180% range
    Combo Recharge - 10% HP, 50 MP, automatically gain 150 counters, 30 sec cooldown at maxed
    Cleaving Attack - Ignore 20% of targets defense, 50(%) variable, I'm not sure, it says something about mobs, so possibly damage increase or less penalty on damage when attacking mobs.

4th job
    Swift Move - Final Charge and Final Cross increase damage by 30%
    Overswing Double - increased to 330% damage
    Overswing Triple - increased to 420% damage
    Overswing - 80% damage increase on Combo Fenrir
    Combo Tempest - increased to 720% damage
    Last edited by PeePeeAyeDeeKay; 2010-11-17 at 02:07 PM. Reason: fixed a few mistranslations ..

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Oh wow, dem Aran changes and buffs. Combo Recharge is insane; free combos every 30 seconds? Can pretty much keep Combo Barrier up during any boss fight now.

7. Default

Hmm, Combo Smash seems unneccessary in first job since it seems to only hit 6 monsters now instead of 10? With Double Swing, Aran's can hit up to 12 monsters while keeping Combo Ability active. That and the fact that first job for Aran's flies through so fast. >_>

Fenrir in second job is appealing; it is pretty much like Smash in current pre-BB + post-BB x2. Triple Swing's damage is sweet now + Snow Charge to boost in second job. I don't get why BP would cost no Mp now, but that's good news.

Judgement is sick, and the boost with Full Swing is great. Recharge is nice for those non-mobby, spread out places/get a quick "recharge" every 30 secs for Barrier/Tempest. Cleaving Attack is sweet.

8. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

Not seeing combo critical here 0.o
    No changes?

9. Default

Drain isn't in there? Was it removed or just unchanged thus you didn't list it?

If it was removed then that's a terrible pomegranate taken on Arans, doesn't matter if we got other neat things.

10. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

Then again neither combo barrier nor freezing stance is there, so I'll guess it's just no changes to those.

11. Default

There was just no reason to note about it since there was no change to it. If it was removed, it would've been noted.

12. Default

Even with the 90 second cooldown, the only purpose of Rapid Fire is to deal damage when getting the ship out would take too long or prevent you from dodging an attack. Seriously, when you're level 170 the ship never pineappleing breaks, the cooldown is pointless. I support this change.

Also @ above: 클리빙 어택 = keuriving eotaeg, I think that first word should be Cleaving rather than Comboing.

13. Default

So much for Bowmasters getting a boost over WHs. they still get shafted in the hurricane department...

14. Default

This removal/reworking of the resistance/legend classes has turned out to be a lot more interesting than expected. These are my favourite kind of patches. I'm glad to see they aren't resting on their laurels after Big Bang. After years of being complacent it seems they have ramped things up a lot lately. Can't wait to see how this all turns out.

Also more new animations.. Yes finally.

15. Brick
    IGN: BushidoClown
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: Ex BattleMage
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: No Clue.
    cuba

Finally a legit reason to spread my pineapple rapid fire philosophy.

16. Default

Is there any point in rapid fire anymore? I mean... cannon is just better, plus extra HP and defense.

17. Mercury
    IGN: Zero Two
    Server: Everywhere
    Level: 000
    Job: Mind Control
    Guild: Dark Matter Legion
    Alliance: Dark Mind

They might as well get rid of Rapidfire and put some other skill in its place. A party skill perhaps? Just my two cents.

18. Default

Can I quote myself from earlier? Rapid Fire isn't any more useful with the 90 second ship cooldown. I do think it should exist, though. It's a good upgrade to Burst Fire, although it needs to be usable in midair.