You should now see the Market tab on your screen, assuming you're a registered user and not a stinky lurker dwelling on the fringe of society (Join us, we bathe!).
- The Market tab is experimental. It may have issues, it may hiccup and eat your family. It may regurgitate small children and myriad woodland critters. Use at your own use risk. Reasonable attempts will be made to fix anything it does but if it goes on a murderous rampage, steals your credit card and buys a yacht and then sails away to Aruba without me you may have to settle for a "Sorry".
- Because of #1 features/options may appear/disappear or cease functioning sporadically while being worked on.
- I've had to rewrite a lot of it because I suspect the author was a lemur on crack. The bits I was able to test now work. No earthly idea if the most basic function, charging $$$, actually works because it violates the TOS to charge money to myself but the test api seemed OK. If you buy karma, get charged, but don't see any points PM me.
Now on to the important stuff - Operating the bloody thing.
- Two flavors of points, Karma and SPP (Southperry Points, duh). The first you buy, the second you will be able to earn through various in forum events and activities slated to begin in 2011 (FYI some of those events will come with a choice of SPP or NX).
- To charge karma click on the very large "Purchase some Karma" link on the "Your Information" section. Do not close the browser window before Paypal finishes sending you back to Southperry or you will NOT get credit for your purchase
- To see how much you've purchased in the past click on the numeric indicator of your current karma in "Your Information" section.
- To see your purchase history click on the numeric indicator of your total purchases in the "Your Information" section.
- To donate Karma (not, SPP) to another user you may use the "Other users" category.
- For items that a refund is available on you may click the Yes on the item screen where it says "Item Refundable: Yes" to initiate a refund. This may lose you some of the points you spent as a forfeit. Time limit to request a refund is 24 hours. This is the only way to turn off a purchased feature at this time
and it may not quite work. Some features will appear to still be active for a while after refunding due to caching. Others may just outright ignore the fact you got a refund and continue working anyway. Needs more testing.
That said, knock yourselves out.