Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Default Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 General

Since the old one can't be updated with new information, I'll make a new thread for it.

Today, Marvel vs Capcom 3 was announced to be released Feb. 15th in the US and Feb. 18th in Europe. Along with that, 2 DLC characters were announced to show up a month after the game's release: Shuma-Gorath and Jill Valentine.

The Collector's Edition will have a free download code for these two, and includes the following:
    • Steelbook case featuring exclusive art work.

• Comic/Art book- A 12-page prologue comic, written by Marvel writer Frank Tieri, plus campaign art and a curated selection of fan art.

• 1-month Subscription to Marvel Digital Comics, providing unlimited online access to Marvel content.

• People who pre-order through GameStop will receive MvC3 console decals created by Fathead. Also, character cards with a move list and descriptions.

Aside from that, in case anyone doesn't know, Zero and She-Hulk were announced yesterday for the game.

I keep tabs on MvC3 news daily, so if anyone that hasn't been checking up on things has any questions, feel free to ask me. If you want a list of all the characters currently confirmed, then check the official site's character page. In addition to that, Mike Haggar is pretty much confirmed due to a Capcom employee making a Nexon-level booboo when taking Halloween office pictures of the staff.
    Last edited by Kunagisa; 2011-11-17 at 12:58 PM.

2. Default

I really want it, but... can't afford it when it comes out. Maybe with birthday money, come March...

3. Default

Whoops, made it in general instead of Vidya. Requesting it get moved into the Vidya section please.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Dat Zero, HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG. Definite permanent roster in my 3.

5. Default

Zero seems to play the exact same way he does in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Spiderman sounds as... annoying as ever. "WEB SWING!"

6. Default

It seems that way at a glance, but they actually changed a lot of his normals up a bit. It's more like they kinda reworked him a little. He's still all rushdown and combo with the stamina of a wet paper bag though, but I'm hoping he's not going to be as ruthlessly overpowered as he was in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. /* Thanks for the thread move, Rayray. */

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

I say however Spidery makes it up with Maximum Spider. Such a pimp super move.

Not as overpowered? There's so much hitstun in his sword swipes it's unbelievable if you can get out of his combos at all once Zero lays a single unblocked hit on you.

8. Default

I clearly remember winning the first game of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom I ever played like... three weeks ago just by spamming his forward slash. I then parlayed this success into pressing some random buttons after that to hopefully get a combo. I have no idea what you mean by no stamina. o_o

9. Default

Spidey has some cool alternate costumes.

Stamina as in health. He doesn't take kindly to getting hit, so you just have to keep rushing in and spamming attacks. If you block too much, the chip damage will be enough to take a huge chunk of his health.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon

By stamina he means Zero can't take a hit, that for example 10 hits to the average fighter will deal more damage to Zero even though it's still 10 hits. Think comparing Snorlax to Charizard. A Hyper Beam done to Snorlax doesn't take off as big a percentage of his health as compared to when a Hyper Beam is done to Charizard, because Charizard has less stamina that Snorlax. A more extreme example is Brozong taking a hit in comparison to Chansey or to Lucario.

11. Default

Right, you can see this in the first video. Zero blocks Captain America's special, but it still takes enough health that it's as in a normal character was hit with the special unblocked.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon

Hyper Charging Star still did as much damage as if it was blocked by someone tougher.

13. Default

Looking for another video of it's use. It's possible I did just underestimate the strength of it.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon

It hits incredibly hard when unblocked.

Here's one done to Dante at 1:25 and another at 2:40

Then here at 3:04 he does Hyper Charging Star to Chris, who at least seems tougher than Dante appearance wise, but still lost a big chunk of his life as well.

Therefore Zero's block isn't that borked at least; if he took that little damage from Hyper Charging Star it's still worth blocking the bigger hits.

15. Default

I nostalgia'd at Wolverine, his attacks look almost exactly the same as the original.

16. Default

C.Viper and Storm have been revealed today.

One interesting thing I noticed is that Viper keeps her focus attack from SSFIV. That means the previous leaked information about her was correct, which means we'll probably also see Taskmaster and Phoenix revealed. Phoenix should have the ability to revive as Dark Phoenix when she dies and there's a full special bar, according to the same person that leaked Viper info. That same person also said that Hsien-ko will be in the game as well. As my favorite Darkstalker character, I would really love that to be true.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon

Storm is looking as good as before, not to mention she no longer makes suggestive moaning for most of her attacks. C. Viper is looking pretty nifty, nice move set.

On a side-note, why are C. Viper's boobs so huge?!

18. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

Still no likey graphics :< Totally getting it for my friend's PS3 though.

19. Default

Episode 3 trailer released today, and we're likely to get reveals this weekend:

If you haven't seen Episode 1 and 2 yet:

And I'll edit this with some of my comments:

The trailer is nice, but a bit on the short side. Also, we already got Viper revealed before the video, so she wasn't too surprising. I was expecting EP3 to be released this weekend, along with some new characters. Oh well, I guess we'll see what they have planned when the time comes. One interesting thing to note is that it says "US Version" on it, meaning that there's most likely a Japanese version of the trailer that's different. It's probably because they have Felecia in it, and the ESRB has stupid rules about not being able to advertise what's in your game, so I'll dig around for that later to see if I find anything.

On another note, there's been quite some interesting rumors lately. I usually don't like listening to those, as I've pointed out before. Most of them are seen as false until proven otherwise for me, and it seems there's actually one leak that's been gradually proven to be true lately. First of all, the leaker goes by the name of "Lupinko" and seems to be the only leaker that actually has information on the game, aside from Kensk, who hasn't revealed much this time due to him ruining the SSFIV list so early and feeling bad about it. The post in question can be found here. It's important to note that this post was made before Jill and Shuma-Gorath were revealed as DLC characters. In a later post (I'll try to find citation later) on the same forums, Lupinko also said that C.Viper would keep her focus and EX moves from SSFIV. And, now that Viper is revealed, this has been proven true. So, it seems this Lupinko really does have some inside source for his information. He's stated that Phoenix will be in the game, and that if her whole team goes down while having 5 special bars, she'll revive as Dark Phoenix. That may be the crazy and "broken" character Seth Killian has been talking about. Seth said it wasn't surprising that they were in the game, but how they were implemented.

Take it with a grain of salt. It's entirely possible some of the information is real while the rest is pulled from his ass. It's also possible he made lucky guesses, but I find that really unlikely. I am excited at the thought that Hsien-ko might be in the game though, since she's my favorite Darkstalker.

Real or fake, it's already interesting to read:
    http://shoryuken.com/content/rumor-t...al-plans-2773/

This isn't from anyone that's previously had their leaks proven, but none of the provided information is too far out there or unbelievable, so it's at least nice to see a more realistic "leak" even if it's fake. I guess it'll be revealed in time. We're closer to the release, so I don't find it too strange for those that have ties within the project feel like kicking back and leaking some info on the project they just finished. I know if I was working on this, I'd have trouble keeping my lips sealed when I go online and see people starving for info.
    Last edited by Kunagisa; 2010-12-16 at 03:39 PM.

20. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

Only reason why I'm really following this game is because I've been dragged into the Megaman/Rockman wars over the past half year. I'm personally on team EXE. Or whichever one isn't Classic with MvC2 moveset. >_>

Yeah, we're expecting new info tomorrow. Tomorrow is the 23rd anniversary of the Rockman franchise, and there are MvC3 panels at Jump Festa this weekend.

PST - December 17th and 18th, 7:00 - 7:45 PM
    EST - December 17th and 18th, 10:00 - 10:45 PM
    GMT - December 18th and 19th, 3:00 - 3:45 AM