Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Yeah, tomorrow is make or break for Megaman. If he's announced tomorrow, then hell will break loose over whichever iteration of him they pick, and over the fact that all the recent "leaks" have been partially disproven, even if some info turned out to be true (and rather unlikely to guess).

If not, then the recent "leaks" have a hell of a lot of extra backing to them, which would mean all hell would break loose. Hsien-ko and Phoenix are said to be revealed tomorrow, but this wasn't stated by Lupinko, so I'm not placing much thought into it.

2. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

Yeah, the situation regarding all of the leaks is a huge mess right now. I've actually kept track of all of them.

- "Rough Draft Leak": The earliest leak, it has survived simply because it has guessed everyone on the Capcom side correct, except the last few reveals such as C. Viper. It has plenty wrong on the Marvel side, however, and its believers have since dubbed it the Rough Draft Leak for this reason.

- iPlayWinner Leak: A very dubious leak that appeared two days after NYCC, notable for being the first leak that I know of that gave specific reveal schedules as well as reasons as to why certain characters were absent from the game. Unfortunately for the guy who made this up, the reasons he provided were instrumental in driving a number of believers away from this leak - telling everyone to vent your frustrations towards Keiji Inafune for the lack of Sengoku Basara and Ominusha characters implies a personal agenda rather than an actual leak, because it is extremely doubtful that a detail like this, if the detail is even valid in the first place, would reach far enough to be leaked. Well, that and November rolled by without weekly reveals like this leak said it would.

- Lunpiko Leak: This guy guessed Shuma-Gorath and Jill being DLC right before they were revealed. Currently the most believed leak out of them all, but also the most contested due to the lack of any Mega Man incarnation and Frank West (which, to some, adds to its believability). Because it is the latest and most believed leak, many other leaks such as the recent Twitter leaker have more or less regurgitated his info, adding their own spin such as reveal schedules, and gathered up a large crowd of followers. I personally know one person who ran an experiment that just concluded a few hours ago, making a Twitter account to see how many people would believe him - and he successfully proved one thing: The MvC3 community has reached a point where many will believe leaks without any hesitation.

3. Default

Capcom showed nothing at Jump Festival. Niitsuma said they'd show some "new material" but there wasn't really much coverage of the event. I checked out his blog post to see that he updated it by showing the voice actors for the Japanese version of the Capcom side. I'm going to assume this was the "new material" he brought up on stage. In addition, Capcom started a contest on their facebook page to guess what the next characters to be revealed will be, and the exact date they'll be revealed. I wonder if that means they're implying it'll be someone nobody will see coming, because they're not on the currently believed "leak" lists.

Right, the other links were completely unbelievable to me, and I wrote many long posts explaining why they were flawed when people were still believing them. iplaywinner leak had no reason whatsoever for anyone to believe in it. It was just a random post made by someone on the forums that was deleted. I could make a believable leak on their forums as well, and it'd get deleted. It wouldn't be deleed because "Capcom told iplauwinner to bring it down", it'd get deleted because it's a crappy topic that should get removed.

And the friend you were talking about was the one that announced he was lying, correct? I saw a link to his twitter but didn't even bother giving it a look. Most of the people on the forums I went to didn't bother giving the link any attention either, and said people were just going along with the heat of the recent fiasco. Leaks are always false to me unless they start proving otherwise. By proving otherwise, I don't man making safe guesses and having those come true, because everyone seems to make a big deal about that kind of stuff ("OH MY GOD, WESKER IS IN JUST LIKE THE LEAK SAID! IT MUST BE TRUE!").

Lupinko's done a pretty nice job at giving out little details about characters that would be proven true, much like how Kensk gave little details about Hakan and Juri (their names, and how one fights with oil) for SSFIV. Of course nobody believed him at first, but when the new Street Fighters entered the ring, they realized that he knew information he shouldn't have known.

I'll give Lupinko some more time before fully believing him. If it was just picking out what characters would be DLC, then I'd pass it off as a very lucky guess, but seeing as he's made 2 or 3 lucky guesses about small details come true, I'm inclined to at least keep an eye at it. That /twitter guy from before was fake, but it was still nice to read, kinda like fanfiction

4. Default

I'm personally happy the leak Lunpiko Leak was incorrect. I don't want Sentinel. Anyway, excited to see next characters announced then. Although I did want Hsien-Ko.

5. Default

Same boat. I'd love for Hsien-ko to be in this, but Sentinel is such a boring character. It literally has no personality, the only reason people used it so much in MvC2 was because they could spam ROCKET PUNCH and assist all day. Sentinel is nothing but fodder for the X-men to destroy every now and then, there are so many other characters that would actually be nice additions to the game. Though, I guess I shouldn't say that really, because I'm sure there's someone out there that does like Sentinel as a character rather than an "easy mode" button. I know there are people that wouldn't like the characters I want in, so I try not to judge what other people want in. Though, I have to say, most people I've seen that want Sentinel in just want him in from MvC2, but I'm sure people like him at least for his playstyle and would want him back even if he's low tier in this game.

Also, Akuma = bland, in my opinion. I do know how differently he plays from Ryu, I'm not saying they're clones (most people seem to think this way because they have the same kind of moves), but really, I think it'd be better to get someone a bit more unique. But that's my opinion, there are tons of ravaging fans that love the idea of Akuma being included.

6. Default

Lack of Megaman on disc, might mean he'll come in DLC form. I want it to be X or .EXE.

I don't want Sentinel or Akuma in this game. Sentinel, as said before, has no personality and there are millions of them floating around everywhere. For Akuma, another Street Fighter similar to Ryu (although not entirely) is boring. If it's going to be another Street Fighter, I want Vega or Bison to appear because their playing style stands out compare to the current fighters. Though She-Hulk looks to play like a bulky Vega, jumping of the wall and stuff.

This game is gonna kick so much ass!

7. Default

She-Hulk plays like the lovechild of El Fuerte and Rainbow Mika.

8. Brick
    IGN: BushidoClown
    Server: Khaini
    Job: Ex BattleMage
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: No Clue.
    cuba

I was on the fence about buying this game when it came out. When they announced Wesker my whole world was turned upside down.

9. Default

I still hold out hopes for Toad to appear on the Marvel side. He's pretty much a joke, but then, so is MODOK. I doubt it'd ever happen though.

I also foresee the DLC roster being enormous, eventually. Wouldn't be surprised if the roster doubles or more with DLC content added.

10. Default

I'd think that ay a certain point, they'd just release Super MvC3 or something. Seth said they may do something like that if sales are good.

11. Default

I'm not too keen on the buying another game just for expansion purposes. Unfortunately, I'll probably buy it if there is a Super MvC3...

I want to play the game already, use Wesker, C. Viper and Superskull. Damn that sexy Superskrull, being all fun and Mr. Fantastic.

12. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

Is it bad that I lol'd at this?

13. Default

Nah, unlikely. Maybe an eventual DLC containing all DLC chars for a cheaper price than the individual ones totalled, or a GOTY edition with them all. And L> Toad.
    I'd imagine him being similar to Spidey in that he's agile and lightweight, though he'd prob use his tongue to pull himself in, not to throw enemies. Prob more of a chip damage/combo char. Problem is, he just doesn't have any powerful abilities to make a good super from and isn't particularly proficient in melee combat. Most of the time. Still my fav char.
    :(

14. Default

Nothing too special, but Capcom did drop us an early Christmas present.

It's just an updated trailer of the game, has some clips from EP4 that haven't been shown yet, and gives us a clip of the Take You For A Ride remix.

15. Default

At 2:17, who the hell is that blue glowing person thing man?

I don't think I've seen someone do a hyper that looks like that.

16. Default

Taskmaster and Galactus were shown in pages from the MvC3 comic

Considering the comic consists of only characters that are in the game, I think it's safe to assume Galactus will be appearing as a boss (no way they could work his as a normal character, they already said they aren't doing giants because it makes the game too similar to Tatsunoko vs Capcom), and Taskmaster will probably be playable.

Looks to me like it's a scene from EP3, but that never happened in EP3 (closest to that is when Arthur hurled torches at Magneto). I'm guessing it's an EP4 scene.

17. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

It's likely the deleted scene from the English version of Episode 3. I heard the ESRB can't allow promotional content depict people being lit on fire. Same thing happened with the C. Viper trailer with its extensive blurring.

18. Default

The blurring was just a bad video transfer. There was another trailer from someone else where Viper that didn't have the blurring. Also, the Japanese version didn't

What your saying is possible though, the ESRB does have really nonsensical rules nowadays. You can't advertise what's in your game, right? Why should you be able to. Though, the Japanese version didn't have any difference from the English version, other than changing the beginning to not show the ESRB rating.

19. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

That's the point - the ESRB has no control over promotional content that is intended to be shown in countries that are not the United States.

20. Default

Secret Las Vegas event tomorrow, heard there were going to be more reveals. Can't wait!