Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Hurrah!

My copy is now on it's way, I'll probably get it Thursday/Friday. Either way, I won't be able to play until Friday night.

2. Default

You guys see the DLC costumes?

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/b...edia_explosion

I got this game knowing it'll be a huge DLC investment, so I don't mind really.

I wouldn't quite say that. Still too early to tell. Meter doesn't build on whiff like it did in MvC2 (mostly because they don't want STORM to dominate again by flying in the air and spamming attacks to gain full meter and spam specials). However, you get meter pretty fast. There are battery assists that give 25% meter, and you can get a FULL BAR of meter from air combos, depending on the directions you use to tag in your team. Pressing up to tag in your team during an air combo gives no meter but does the most damage, left/right does medium damage and gives half a bar, and down does the least bit of damage but gives you a full bar of special. Considering air combos are a bit part of this game, I'd say that you don't have much problem getting 5 bars. The only real problem comes from the fact that you need to time it right.

Get 5 bars too early and you'll cripple your team by not wanting to use it, thus wasting opportunities for extra damage. The optimal thing to do will be to keep at least 4 bars by the time you're up to your second character, and hopefully build up 5 meter when before Phoenix dies. She's really good, especially with the right assists. You just CAN'T GET HIT while using her, which may sound hard, but pretty much all of her attacks are safe on block, so you just have to get good enough with her to not leave your opponent any openings. Or set up some unblockables using low hitting assists while doing an overhead with her. Most people I see are:

1. Overhyping her as broken tier
    or
    2. Thinking her health makes her shit tier

But really, in the hands of a good player, I think she'd be deadly as hell. But in the hands of someone that doesn't know how to play her safe, she's a waste of team space.

In other words, she's a hard character to use, but with huge reward if you learn her.

3. Default

I'm not sure if my copy is coming today, but either way, I'm not going to be able to play it tonight because I've got a busy night ahead of me where I'll be spending a total of nearly 14 hours in school today and all the homework I'll be coming home to tonight. Feels bad, man.

I don't even think I'll even be able to play it until Friday either ;_;

4. Default

Ordered from Amazon with free release day shipping. My friend's copy arrived. I get this-PONTIAC MI Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility - Feb 15, 2011 9:30:00 AM

F;UCK YOU UPS.

5. Default

We can have a few practice matches later if you want. Don't worry, I'm still not at a good level. Still trying to decide what teams I wanna use.

6. Default

Okay sure! Lemme try and make sense of the controls, and Ill send you an invite soon.

7. Default

Well, I'm actually making dinner right now, so probabl won't get the invite just yet. After I eat.

8. Default

As spiderman so eloquently put it, I suck. I NEEDS TO LEARN DEM CONTROLS. BETTER.

9. Default

All cool. I was dropping my combos left and right.

10. Default

Yay it's already out! Too bad I'll have to wait 'till late March-early April to get it. ): I'm short on munny. Enjoy it for me guys! :D

11. Default

I don't know if this has been posted, since I don't feel like combing through 11 pages, but Deadpool's Super is amazing.

Beat opponent with own health. Insanity wolf is pleased.

12. Default

Ughhhh, friend that got his copy is whining about how it is "hard". Shut the fuc'k up and have fun, at least your copy came. QQ.

13. Default

Your friend should go get a copy of Nintendogs to play if they think MvC3 is hard.

14. Default

Need moar Southperry PSNs with this game.

15. Default

I would totally join some SP brawling, but I think I'll wait before buying. If the DLC characters are too few I wont buy the game, at least not until it falls to 1/3 of the current price. We shall see.

16. Default

I'd be down for that as well if my PS3 had access to PSN right now.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

For me, eh I'm neutral towards them being in the game. Me want Phoenix Wright and any form of Mega Man!