Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Forgot to include that. I'm lvl 125 right now.
    Well guess that means those 81 points go into 1st/2nd/3rd job skills. Just calculated. 333-252(total for my skills excluding 4th job) = 81.

Where should the 81 go?
    I'm assuming we're maxing shadow partner and flash jump, so 40 there.

2. Default

Shadow Resistance.

3. Default

81 SP's to spend, non maxed skills:

1st Job:
    Keen Eyes 2 -> No
    Lucky Seven 4 -> No

2nd Job:
    Shadow Resistance 0 -> +10% HP = Always Useful > (17 SP)
    Steal 7 -> Already maxed BoT > No > Buy 3 SP resets > To Shadow Resistance (+3 Extra SP)

3rd Job:
    Shield Mastery 6 > 10 (4 SP) (The 3 2nd job SP resets allow you to max this one)
    Dark Flare 0 -> I would say max this one, party damage reflect = always useful > (20 SP)
    Chakra 3
    Shadow Partner 0 > 20 (20 SP)
    Flash Jump 0 > 20 (20 SP)

==================================================
    Please calculate if this is possible, I think so, but re-calculate, please!!
    ==================================================

4th Job:
    Taunt 0
    Meso Mastery 0
    Shadow Shifter 1
    Ninja Ambush 0
    Boomerang Step 15
    Smokescreen 1
    Venom 0
    Maple Warrior 0
    Assassinate 1

5*3 = 15 + 3 = 17 SP's to spend > 17 SP's already spend.

In early 4th job, -don't- get lvl1's of:
    - Venom -> Venom doesn't stack 3 times anymore, lvl1 does 54% of your damage range / sec = WEAK...
    - Taunt -> Bstep = too fast for this to be useful and doesn't work on boss monsters (Lionheart)
    - Ambush -> Same old (Pre-BB!!!) crap formula... like 700 dmg / sec @ lvl1 (fail...)

==========================================

In 4th job, just keep maxing Bstep, it also upgrades Savage Blow, Assaulter and Steal now.

Also Meso Mastery is VERY useful (only 10 SP's!!!) it makes Meso Explosion BEAST at bosses (15 x 240% damage)

Assassinate is ONLY (very) strong with Shadow Partner + FULL charge, without a full (8 secs charge), it's TOTAL crap, ask another Shadower to demonstrate the difference with full and non full charge with shadow partner)

Shadow Shifter = Always usefull, but max other's first, lvl1 = Very Good :)

4. Default

Okay. I don't think I can get sp resets...I currently have enough to distribute points into 3rd job as I wish, I'm pretty sure 163 is allocated in 2nd/1st job. So max shadow partner, flash jump, and dark flare. Any reason for lvl 10 shield mastery? I remember it was crap pre patch, did they change it? If anything I could just drop some dark flare or something for it. Then again if I don't max dark flare I really have like 17 points left with no where to go anyway lol.

So for 4th job max BS, then go to meso mastery? What would be ideal after? MW? And no venom/taunt/lol ambush.

5. Default

This is what I'm doing/planning to do:

2th job
    - all max except
    - steal 11

3th job (in this order):
    - 1 MG, ME
    - BoT max
    - SP max
    - FJ max
    - max meso explosion & pickpocket
    - max shield mastery
    - max shakra
    - level 11 assaulter
    - max meso guard
    - max dark flare

Explain: Shield mastery is amazing on my paladin, so I hope it will also be kinda helpfull for bandits. Shakra seems like a good endgame skill to save pots (and trips to town to repot) combined with shadow shifter and shield mastery. Assaulter I only use for transportation, don't care about the stun or damage, that gets's replaced by BS in 4th job anyways?

4th job
    - 1 SS, 1 assassinate (fo fun ;D), 1 BS
    - 1 smokescreen
    - max BS
    - lv 10 taunt
    - max meso mastery
    - max taunt
    - max SS
    - max assassinate
    - ???

Explain: I dunno there's something with taunt that makes me wanne have it, it seems so usefull :D

Any good? =^/

6. Default

Dark Flare has a cooldown, maxed = skill duration = cooldown, so you don't have a cooldown. Check Fiel's skill tables for it! Only max lvl has no cooldown! :)

Shield Mastery works now for ALL wdef and mdef (not only shield def anymore), and also doubles wdef / mdef buffs!!! It's very useful, in party with a DK with Iron Will, I have a total of 2800 wdef now, you really notice it! :)

If you have the NX, 2nd job resets aren't that expensive, so I would buy those 3 (tnx Nexon for not giving you a free SP reset...)

About 4th job: You can get Bstep to 21 (4 hits) and max Meso Mastery then, since it's only 10 SP's and the damage of Meso Explosion at bosses is THAT good (Note: all Lionheart Castle mobs are Boss flagged), and upgrades ALL your other meso skills aswell, I would max it after Bstep lvl21. :)

If you like Shield Mastery on your Paladin, you also like it on your Shad, you won't have the 8000+ wdef, but still around 2000 wdef, so it's nice I guess (remember with meso guard, you half all damage also! and with meso mastery maxed, you only take 40% of the total damage!).

And not maxing Assaulter? I don't know if you use Chakra a lot, but Chakra is only useful if you have lot's of HP (like me, I'm a blood Shad with 7500 HP without HB) since you can only use Chakra when you HP is below 50%.

Assaulter itself is an amazing skill, especially in combination with flash jump. It also ignores all wdef, it's very useful at bosses. I would rather max Assaulter then Chakra.

In my own build, I maxed Steal, and left BoT at lvl1, since I was already 4th job, and don't need BoT anymore for training. With leaving BoT at lvl 1, I could max everything else, but again, I'm already 4th job...

About the rest of the build, with Lionheart Castle coming, I would leave taunt at lvl0, it's not that useful anymore, since it doesn't work on bosses.

Also Assassinate full Charge + Shadow Partner = Amazing 1 hit damage (like 2 million damage at normal builds till 6 million when you have a LOT of potential equips, per 8 seconds charge). I would max it before Shadow Shifter. Also: Assassinate lvl1 doesn't get the bonus damage (250% on SPartner hit), you ONLY get that with 8 seconds charge (read: near maxed Assassinate).

7. Default

Okay I see. I'll dump the 17 points into dark flare for now I guess and max out shield mastery, and if I can ever get the 3 sp resets I need I'll transfer 3 points from steal over to dark flare.
    As for 4th job:
    21 BS
    max meso mastery
    continue maxing BS or MW?

8. Default

I would work on Shifter or Taunt. Taunt seems useful now.

@Veneni Steal and Assaulter are essential. Meso Mastery should come in earlier, and maxing BS asap isn't really needed.

9. Default

Max Bstep, it also enhances Savage Blow, Assaulter and Steal (last one less important off course).

Maxed Bstep:
    Savage Blow -> 90% * 1.25 = 112.5% x 6 * 1.5 (Shadow Partner) = 1012.5%
    Assaulter -> 290% * 1.25 = 362.5% * 3 * 1.5 (Shadow Partner) = 1631.25% (+ ignores wdef)

Taunt useful? How? Explain that with Lionheart castle coming and taunt not working on bosses??!?

And again, maxed BStep also enhances SBlow and Assaulter, so imo it -IS- important to max Bstep. :)

10. Default

>implying you only train at Lionheart Castle. It hasn't even come out yet.
    As for boomerang step, I said it isn't important to max ASAP. You could leave it at a certain level (21) and add points to something else.

11. Default

Lionheart will come very soon to gMS, and for Shadower's it's the best spot to train, since they can use Meso Explosion extremely well there. The mobs have massive HP (dropped coins can be used on themselves and Meso Explosion is more powerfull at bosses. Double win I would say! :P

And about maxing Bstep asap, what other skills are more usefull then maxing your main attack skill + boosting your other skills you already have?

Personally I would say, max Bstep asap! :P

12. Default

Level 21 BS: 555*2 to 3 monsters. 72% Stun Chance. +19% to Assaulter, Steal, Savage Blow.
    Level 30 BS: 600%*2 to 4 monsters. 90% Stun Chance. +25% to Assaulter, Steal, and Savage Blow.

9 points for 45% damage, and 6% passive damage is a waste. The stun chance isn't even important to be considered. Level 29 BS still hits 3 monsters.

13. Default

Only lvl30 hits 4 monsters? Then you should max it to lvl30 ASAP indeed! :P

Why is 45% * 2 * 1.5 = 135% per Bstep a waste? That's almost the whole skill Venom itself (30SP)? And you use Bstep 95% of the time while training...

Also, it's *1.06% passive boost, not +6% damage.

You're acting funny today, Locked! :P

14. Default

Yea but with SS maxed, stopping and regaining hp in a mob would be possible, and pots would be eliminated or so I thought I saw in some high level shadower at time temple :D I thought that was pretty cool

Max assault vs lv 11 = 10% difference in damage, 56 vs 80% stunrate and +1 sec stun. Bosses can't be stunned, so that leaves the 10% dmg =^/

I remember a NL using taunt at zakum, so it used to work on bosses but not anymore? Or was that NL just a noob? hehe

Cool I'll think about it :D

Steal = too late to max now, Im 3th job allready. =^/
    And why is MAX assaulter essential? I know the skill itself is essential, I use it all the time. It's the 10% dmg increase lvl 11-20 that seems like a waste, since it's not even used for damage (or I am not, even at bosses...)

Anyways tnx for the responses, that really helped me! :)

15. Default

>implying you max Venom.
    >implying a 1.06% damage increase is amazing.

Basically what I was telling him is get 21 BS then get 10 meso mastery. I don't know what you were concluding, I didn't tell you to COMPLETELY DITCH BOOMERANG STEP.

@Veneni, Assaulter is 263% at level 11. 290% at level 20. It isn't a 10% damage increase, and the stun chance helps slightly.

16. Default

You're welcome! :)

17. Default

290%/263% = 110.3%

1631%/1479% = 110.3%

18. Default

In real life yes, but maple doesn't work like that...

Maple is all about 1/2/3 or 4 hitting mobs, you don't train 10% slower if you need 2 hits instead of 1 hit, in maple that's 50% slower... :)

19. Default

This is sounding good to me, but how strong were you? I suspect my El Nido character's fairly weak (no atk glove, 100% scrolled level 60 dagger, 1 Blessing, etc.) so would it be worth adding extra points to Assaulter early on until it does 1hko (if 5 isn't enough)? Clean range is up to ~1500 atm.

20. Default

Hmmm, but wouldn't maxing Shadow Partner after lvl5 Assaulter and lvl1 FJ increase your damage more? :)