View Poll Results: What is your Age Preference in a Relationship?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Girls: Prefer Older Guys

7 12.73%
  • Girls: Prefer Younger Guys

0 0%
  • Girls: Age is Irrelavent

4 7.27%
  • Guys: Prefer Older Girls

2 3.64%
  • Guys: Prefer Younger Girls

7 12.73%
  • Guys: Age is Irrelavent

35 63.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age Matters?

1. Harrisonized

Default Age Matters?

Some of my friends have told me that they can't possibly like an older girl, or they can't possibly like a younger guy, or ect. I'm just seeing what % of the population follows this trend.

Yes, within reasonable limits. Like, not someone ridiculously older or younger (Eww at those pedophiles) out there, but I'm talking about maybe within a few years.
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2008-09-10 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Refer to Russt's post.

2. Default

Well obviously I wouldn't go with a 40-year-old or something, but within reasonable limits, I'd say it's pretty irrelevant to me.

3. Default

Eh, unless it's on the extreme (or illegal) ends of the spectrum (i.e. 12 year old boys or 40+ year old guys) I don't really care too much.

Actually, one of my girlfriends who's 24 is going out with a guy who's over 40. When I first heard about it, I was really weirded out and uncomfortable about it, especially since my friend has a history of low self-esteem. I thought he was trying to take advantage of her quiet, submissive nature. However, they've been going out for a year now and my friend has never been more outgoing, confident, outspoken, or happy so I really can't... criticize or judge them or their relationship. It's actually been really good for her.

4. Default

I'm a girl and I'm engaged to someone younger than me. It really is all about differential maturity, not age. I'm sure everyone* can think of a really immature 30-40 year old.

5. Neon Atom
    IGN: xLoveHatex
    Server: Khaini
    Level: RIP
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: TurtleHeroes
    Alliance: KhainiHeroes

I chose "prefer older guys" because I went by the general fact that females mature a lot faster than guys. Though, yes, as long as he were mature, I didn't mind age as long as they weren't 5-10 years younger than me or something. lol But I hear that as you hit the 20s or 30s, age really starts to not matter and from there, your partner could be 10 years older and you probably wouldn't care.

Age is like that I guess. You keep track of it up until you reach past your teens. And then it's like "wtp nooo! im 19 ok?!"

6. Default

At some point in your life, you don't think about the age of the other. It isn't one of your first questions. It is what you have in common with the other. It is how well you get along with each other.

7. Harrisonized

Ah. Indeed. It is very interesting then how the two tradition-breaking options have 0 votes in them.
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2008-09-10 at 05:54 AM.

8. Default

Being an "older" person, I have experienced both, older and younger. I have had some guys (like mid-twenties on up) say they prefer older women, no more fumbling in the dark, so to say. With older men it is no longer about quanity, but about quality. They find that shared experience is more satisfying.

9. Default

Hmmm, I have always preferred older guys, because they often have more experiences in life and can give you advices in certain situations. I had experienced a younger guy, but it turned out to be a total disaster. I prefer older guys in general, but it really doesn't matter to me as long as it's not too old or too young.

10. Default

Within a few years? I'd go for around my age, actually, since a few years younger would make me a pedophile of sorts (though, xkcd approves down to age 11... hrm) and a few years older would put them in an entirely different social institution (Universities).

That aside, I really don't see how age could affect anything (besides legal stuff) because I know several people who look and act younger than me but are older and vice-versa.

11. Default

That's kind of expected though... how many cougars do you know that play MS?

In places like high school and college/university, the "norm" is for girls to go their age and higher, while guys go their age and lower. Once people get to their mid-20s, age doesn't really matter anymore so long as the 2 people are compatible.

I personally looked around in those classes and found almost everyone to be woefully immature, both guys and girls. I guess that's why most of my girlfriends in high school/university have been older than me, although I never really cared about the age difference. I've dated younger too and didn't notice a difference, mostly because personality has always been a WAY bigger factor than age for me, when deciding who to pursue.

12. Harrisonized

That's kinda what I expected. LoL.
    What's also interesting to me is that much more guys voted than girls did.

13. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

Where's a "same age" choice D:

14. Harrisonized

You can't be exactly the same age (same day, year, second? weirddd...). If so, then just click, "doesn't matter", or the one thats the most accurate to you.

15. Default

Coincidentally none of the relationships I've had with over a year in age difference have worked out in the end. xD The one I'm in now is with someone about half a year older than me, still going great after ~7? months. I can see myself with him for the rest of my life, so I don't think it matters that much to me.

Some people are actually attracted directly to people of certain ages though. o.o

16. Default

Doesn't really matter to me.

I've had two older boyfriends and two younger ones. Currently with someone 2 years younger than me and we're doing great!

17. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

I don't care, as long they're acting mature.

I've only been with girls older than me, though.

18. Default

I don't really care, but I only know girls older than me o-o; In fact almost every one of my friends is older than I am o_O