View Poll Results: What is your Age Preference in a Relationship?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Girls: Prefer Older Guys

7 12.73%
  • Girls: Prefer Younger Guys

0 0%
  • Girls: Age is Irrelavent

4 7.27%
  • Guys: Prefer Older Girls

2 3.64%
  • Guys: Prefer Younger Girls

7 12.73%
  • Guys: Age is Irrelavent

35 63.64%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Age Matters?

1. Default

Doesn't matter unless they're TOO old or TOO young.

I mean, if you're 30 and you're going out with a 5 year old, something's wrong :P

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

I don't really care, but now, older girls. *Points at avatar.*

3. Default

Age is Irrelavent, to an extent. Even if I am a lonely nerd who's never dated, if I met a girl a year-ish older than me, I wouldn't stay away 'because she's older'. I might if she's three or more years, but meh. :>
    As for younger, I'd probably have to talk with the parents so they don't sue me for rape when I kiss her. 'Younger' for me is 15, which is when Dads get antsy.

4. Default

In general I would like to date younger/same age as me girls, but I also fell for older girls so it doesn't matter much, as long as it isn't a 20 years diference.

5. Default

Doesn't really matter to me. I've dated a guy a month younger than me and one nine months older, but I don't count the first one because we were in the 8th grade and he came out of the closet a year later... And is also my best friend.

Anyway. Sometimes I wish we were the same age so that I wouldn't have to wait so long for us both to be 21 (and be able to cruise, yarly), or so it would be easier for us to take a class together. Plus, he's going off to grad school next year, and I won't be done yet... That's going to be terrible. =(

I think he is more mature than most guys my age, but then again, he's more mature than most guys his age, too.

Bottom line is, it's about compatibility to me, no matter the age. Even extreme age differences are the way they are because extreme age differences create this deep-down incompatibility in what the two of you want, or think you want. Waiting for someone isn't a good idea, either, because by the time they mature, they may have changed completely.

6. Default

Don't care.

Though at the moment, similar age works out better and proves to be less awkward.

I chuckled. Lol, pedophile! hah

7. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Then again you do see you sometimes see 25s going out with 40s =O.

8. ☆ ♥ ツ Straight Female
    IGN: QuIt!!!
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 184
    Job: ♥Bishop
    Guild: QUIT!
    Alliance: quit quit QUIT
    Michigan

Age is just a number. Unless you are a minor dating 18+ like 15yr old with a 20+yr old seems kinda weird to me. I date older and younger, I do prefer younger though.

9. Default

LOL i don't really care, as long as the girl is in the same school grade as I am... I was born in November so every girl i ever meet will be older than me =P

I only know 2 that are younger than me xD

10. Default

im 15.

ill go out with anyone 13-16

i mostly go for 15-16 though. Younger girls creep me out alot

11. Harrisonized

So why didn't you pick, "Guys: Prefer Older Girls", if you prefer girls who are older than you?

12. Default

Quote for truth. I don't care about age as long as they aren't 50 years older than me or... you get the point.

13. Default

Heh. (This poll actually seems to be a slightly less biased answer to the question "What gender are you?", than the actual question would be, since half the people might consciously decide to pretend the other one. How telling (: ) On topic: Yeah I dunno, heh.

To Morgana: the thing is, that's the point of waiting, because adolescence is a time of change. If you fall for the adolescent guy, their permanent personality, once they grow up, might be completely different.

I guess, I'd rather be in love with the guy he is right now, than the guy who he used to be, and isn't.

14. Harrisonized

If you want to negate that 'gender bias', just add the girl counts and boy counts together.

Either way, those two categories still are 0.

15. Default

My post won't be anything but slightly off topic sorry:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by categories as 0? Oh, the "unconventional" ones. As for bias - I was thinking the fact that gay and lesbian people still have gender, but they would either not vote, vote for their gender, or vote for their sexual preference... Otherwise it would be a nice way to phrase gender polls :)

16. Harrisonized

Oh. LoLz. Well, I wasn't really thinking of homosexuals when I made the poll.
    See, I grow up in a homophobic community, so it'd be rare to see a gay couple or a lesbian couple, so I just negated them. Not that I'm homophobic, but homosexuals just wouldn't fit the poll... and biologically, it's supposed to be Girl-Guy anyways.

When I made this topic, I was thinking of... animals.
    I have a hella lot of cockateils... and I noticed that the younger male cockateils tend to go for the older female cockateils. In fact, all of the cockateils that I currently have that are breeding are younger male to older female. There just isn't a single pair with an older male to a younger female.

Even among the parakeets, I see this pattern. In fact, the age difference in parakeets is even further. I had this pair (both that died now) that the female was 3 year older than it's male mate.

So I was just wondering WHY it would be the reverse for people?

And I noticed something from this poll. Those guys who may prefer older girls would say "Doesn't matter", and those girls who may prefer younger guys will choose the same option.

I digress...if I post a section for homosexuals, I predict that the homosexuals will probably vote in pairs, similar to how this poll was paired off. However, it wouldn't give as interesting of data, because I know for a fact that most homosexuals "Don't care" about age.

And those who do... well, they come in twos.
    Then we'll just see one go into this:
    Guys: Prefer Older Guys
    Guys: Prefer Younger Guys

And the result would probably be 50/50 within the category. I'm also predicting the same for lesbians...

But no, I am not homophobic, but I left them out because it just wouldn't fit my investigation.

And by the way, we finally have one person pick the category.
    Guys: Prefer Older Girls

LoL

17. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Many female animals are bigger than their male counterparts.

Anyways, why it's reverse for humans is probably the same reason as why we're smarter (you could argue it, but I mean er...well, you know what I mean) than other animals, why we wear clothes, and various other examples.

18. Harrisonized

Then you'd be saying it'd be smarter for an older guy to be dating a younger girl and vice versa? How does that even remotely make sense?
    Biologically, it still doesn't matter.

19. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Nah, I never said that. It's a somewhat screwed up thing (probably) for humans, like you don't see any other animal wearing clothes.

Anyways, in the big scheme of things, does it really matter? (My parents say that all the time to me, considerably dulled my curiosity).

20. Default

Spoiler
    Actually quite an interesting question regarding why the preference is so clearly for an older guy and younger girl. Perhaps the spousal human relationship is supposed to be equal, but not identical. One sex is not greater than the other, but the two have intrinsically different roles to play. (Oh, and yeah, I'm not an advocate of domestic abuse, or woman-go-back-to-the-kitchen, or whatever else can be extrapolated from what I said. That's not equality in any sense.)

If you pressed me to say something more specific I think I would say that in human guys there is perhaps a very general desire to protect, and in human girls is a very general desire to be protected. I think you'd really have to stay VERY general - humans are extraordinarily complex and different, and it's really getting a bit dubious when people start saying things like "because guys all need to possess someone and girls all need to be told what to do."

Oh yeah - regarding the gay and lesbian relationships, they can be quite hard to define once you get into it. What if they consider themselves at least partly bi? What if their preference changes with time? Are they perhaps on a point of the continuum that isn't able to be defined merely by labels? All these are important questions that a poll will be sore pressed to answer without a huge amount of debate! In the meantime, while I think the poll's still pretty biased, it's still somewhat relevant for straight people.